One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-08 07:18:43

Portager

Wild Carrot Seed

If you setup in an ideal location near a large prairie biome, then it would seem that having someone gather wild carrot seed is the best way to save soil.

Just got done playing two lives at a moderately large civ (around 6-8 ppl at max) and we were able to farm in a sustainable manner by not letting any domestic carrots go to harvest, gathering only wild carrot seeds instead. We had a few other augmentary food sources, but carrots were the go to. By my last death the village had topped the tech tree and was setting up buildings and livestock pens.

This method might already be old news, but it is the first time that I have seen this implemented as a "rule" by a civ. It was something that every mom was telling their kids about during orientation.

#2 2018-04-08 07:36:19

pein

Re: Wild Carrot Seed

well 5 carrots make 7 seeds, 4 carrots make 4 seeds, nd use the soil anyway. was nerfed from 10 to 7 and the compost made worse. so yes, its pretty self explanatory why  wild seeds are good now. i see eves cut out carrots from ground and i got a bad feeling. i mean i did this too but destroys the chance of a city.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-04-08 08:46:28

Eccola

Good savana biome lush with carrots and rabbits is now a lifesaver. Moreso, the wild carrots regrow seeds every epoch.
Don't let your farm seed, you are making the worst thing you could do.

#4 2018-04-08 09:26:28

breezeknight

the game's dynamic changed with the last updates

i did dig up wild carrots in the past, stopped doing so after the changes

& i always rather prefered to eat domestic carrots than pies, i still did not even manage to bake pies on my own, it's too complicated imo for what one achieves with, on the other hand a carrot farm needs little effort & some simple rules & a backpack full with carrots goes a long way

Board footer