One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-12 19:39:11

StrongForce

Eve token : A way to proof the rift is lifeable

Killing the last family is a sport for griefers!

It would be cool for there to be a sport for players that want to keep the current world.

A sign of a good lifeable rift are deaths by old age.

If you die of old age 5 times in a row you should get an eve token.
It's hard enought to not flood the rift with new familys and it's a chalange worthy of the reward.

Let's discuss a way to elongate the rift by hard work. To beat the griefers who erase hours of work for fun.

Last edited by StrongForce (2019-09-12 19:44:05)

Baby dance!!

#2 2019-09-12 19:45:09

Booklat1

Re: Eve token : A way to proof the rift is lifeable

The first time i read this idea I didn't like it.

But a counter mechanic to natural family extinction wouldn't be so bad.

Tbh i'd rather see new families originating through marriage.

#3 2019-09-12 19:54:54

StrongForce

Yes marriage is a cool idea but it has to be hard to make new familys.
If not we will have infinite rift again.

Perhaps you need to do stuff to marry:
- Bake a huge cake
- Smith rings and be Engadget for 30mins
- Learn echothers language

Baby dance!!

#4 2019-09-12 20:07:02

Booklat1

Cake is a nice idea. The other have somehow been suggested before and are also nice tbh.

Rings would be a good use to gold, and now that the game has such am emphasis on families we can avoid the incest problem which is so discussed whenever marriage is suggested.

#5 2019-09-12 21:01:13

DestinyCall

I would add "families must be at peace" before marriage is possible.

But I thing the engagement period should be much shorter.  We only live sixty minutes.  I don't want a thirty YEAR engagement and a ten year marriage.   I'd say five minutes for engagement.   You need to give the woman a chance to get married while she is still young enough to have kids.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-09-12 21:04:25)

#6 2019-09-13 01:56:43

Psykout

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7856

Reform to curses to give a more exiled feel. Blessings to counter misplaced curses and to gain eve tokens.

Psykout wrote:

Blessing
1 Bless Token per/hr

Bless token grants +1 Curse Token and removes 1 curse that is on you. Cursing someone removes 1 Bless Token from the player.

Can only be blessed once per hour by any/all players. When attempting to bless someone that has already been blessed does not work, similar to when you try and curse someone when you don't have a token. Can not receive a bless token if you have been cursed in the past 1-2hrs

Accumilating 10-15 Bless Tokens, Count is reset and you are granted an Eve Token that on death can be chosen to be used or is only consumed if <X families reside inside the rift. Rift conditions remain the same for a reset.

#7 2019-09-13 06:24:30

pein

well, as long as destroying others gets you benefits, i don't see this game could be fun
this end conditions are quite bad
whatever the condition is, people start killing others and destroying stuff
i proved everyone wrong in 8 day arc, we went down to critical levels of iron, and i dropped more than 200 iron in a few lifes, it's not easy but it's totally possible
mostly just oil is limiting us, and technically trees, as they got cut anyway

i havent played in a long time cause feels like anything i do wont matter
i would rather like a longer arc maybe even fixed length

and there is no stopping the griefing, call it war or anything, it's just mindless killing
meanwhile some people don't even know about how and why the map got ruined that bad

we need some sort of goal for destroying the world which requires work, time , strategy, not just killing innocent people  left and right
and yeah, family number isn't one of this, and i would agree with Eve tokens if they fair on reaching it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-09-13 08:50:01

Mr meeseeks

Idk about all this, but I am very much annoyed with people the grief to "reset the arc." If you could find a solution to that, it would be great...

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#9 2019-09-13 21:37:57

Saolin

I wouldn't mind if we just went back to the old apocalypse towers instead of having it end at one family. At least players wouldn't be incentivized to just start killing everyone when they want a reset.

#10 2019-09-14 04:51:18

Saolin

Mr meeseeks wrote:

Idk about all this, but I am very much annoyed with people the grief to "reset the arc." If you could find a solution to that, it would be great...

I 100% agree with this.  It is annoying when villages finally establish and stabilize and immediately people are going around rallying for a stab-fiesta to reset the arc.

#11 2019-09-14 07:35:25

DestinyCall

Yeah, I understand that some people really love the fresh beginnings of a new arc.  But I would really LOVE to keep working on that nice village I helped build yesterday and make it even better.   I hate that everything gets wiped so quickly.   I have plans, but I can't play for hours on end so everything gets finished within a single day.

I'd like to be able to come back to the game each evening and see how my village has grown and changed over the course of a week or longer.

Board footer