One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-04 17:39:03

denriguez

Mom, I finished your tree.

I was Clara Morsell. My mother, Luisa Morsell, worked her entire life to farm enough milkweed to make candles and string up a Yule Tree. She died before she was able to finish it, but passed the task on to me. I made the last two garlands, gathered as many cousins as would join me, and lit the tree. It was a beautiful moment of togetherness and remembrance.

I suppose it was reckless of me to not have first moved the three axes that lay scattered on the ground nearby, but when my cousin Robert picked one up and chopped down my mother's beautiful tree, I couldn't help myself. In a fit of rage, I stabbed him. Of course a suspicious crowd gathered, he was healed, and someone stabbed me in retaliation. I was unable to convince them that in one fateful swing of that axe he had undone my mother's life's work, and that his actions would not be tolerated.

It appears that my daughter Gryphon was also murdered attempting to avenge my death.

I am sorry, mother.

#2 2019-09-04 17:53:27

Anhigen

Re: Mom, I finished your tree.

bwof--this is a much rougher read than you'd expect. That second half has no warning to it.

Everyone talks about how great milk is, no one talks about how many bb cows you must let die...

#3 2019-09-04 18:37:01

Coconut Fruit

Sad story.
Once I found a grieffer that destroyed kilns, I stabbed him. After that someone came and stabbed me back immediately for stabbing someone, he did it so fast I couldn't even explain why I did this. Sometimes life is tough :D

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2019-09-05 07:51:46

MrsDuckGirl

I've been a weed queen in this life. I started planting milkweed at young age, with no real purpose, but milkweed is always good for buckets, carts and doors (oh yes, at first i wanted to make a door because I had found a steel spring), and a field of milkweed is always pretty when all the plants are grown and in different states.

I made some buckets and planted more milkweed.

Then I saw two bowls of wax, so I decided to make the candle tree. A kid found my hidden cart full of all the thread I needed, and as it's easier to steal than harvest what's on ground he helped himself in the cart. Fortunately I still had enough to make the candles and garlands.
We almost forget one candle, luckily you're not as blind as me, and the candle set was done.

I'm glad you could finish it ! Pity it got destroyed so fast, but at least you could enjoy the best part : when it's all illuminated !
This tree shouldn't be as easy to chop down, I guess it's not even an hungry work ?

Anyways, even if the end is sad, that was a nice life and work. Thank you for your help. And don't be sorry !

#5 2019-09-05 10:01:06

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

All wholesome moments in the game nowadays are always drowned out by the griefers in the end.

It's really depressing.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#6 2019-09-05 11:01:21

StrongForce

How to not get falsely stabbed.
Talk to people make sure they know the reason for the stabbing BeFoRe you do it!!

Baby dance!!

#7 2019-09-05 19:19:33

NiGB0

Clara was my only granddaughter who survived, I died when she was like twelve years ago. big_smile

Eve Gomez

#8 2019-09-06 04:43:53

denriguez

Grandma, I hope I did you proud! Our line lived for another 50 generations!

Board footer