a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-30 15:07:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Live from PAX West

QZvugpJ.jpg

I write to you from rainy Seattle.

If you're at PAX West, please stop by and say hello.  I'm in the PAX Rising area, and I've got:

--500 Limited Edition OHOL purchase cards with unique QR codes (on sale for the first time at 25% off for PAX attendees only)

--Mofobert stickers

--Sandara posters

--Diamond Trust of London

6kWXj17.jpg

ExnLVhu.jpg

TXZYbnn.jpg

wJ6EhjG.jpg

The update went out on Wednesday evening, before I left, and it includes several improvements, which I will simply list here:

--Eve window remains open for 8 hours.

--Arc ends if we ever get down below two families.

--The bug causing the apocalypse whiteout to stall has been fixed, so families can easily survive the end of the arc now.

--Fixed a imprecision accumulation in server walk speed code that could potentially allow WASD mods to walk slightly faster.

--You can spend YUM to do hungry work, and you must always have a 5-hunger buffer when doing hungry work (for safety, so you don't starve immediately after).

--After the Eve window closes, babies are distributed to families round-robin, to prevent one family from getting baby starved.

--A new family population log has been added, so I can make nice graphs of families over the arc.

--Pine trees are no longer hungry work (softwood, naturally)

--You can eat carnitas straight.

--You can eat onions and tomatoes straight.

--You can deconstruct the track cart kit.

#2 2019-08-31 07:18:29

Coniculls13
Website

Re: Update: Live from PAX West

Ooh what are those keyboards you've got there in the photo?

Maintainer of Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server. Discord https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#3 2019-08-31 09:22:03

Grim_Arbiter

Hope you sell lots of stickers and codes! smile

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-09-01 06:57:43

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Keyboards are Ducky One 2 RGB.

Very nice keyboards, but the RGB has 100 Hz PWM, which is easily visible in your peripheral vision as flicker.  It sucks.  So I have the backlights turned off.  The whole point of the RGB was to highlight the available keyboard controls, but I hate flicker... I ended up buying colored key caps to do that instead (the navy blue seen in the picture).

Board footer