#1 2019-08-09 17:28:28

Kilian

Code of the Griefers

The eve is a lie, there is only griefing
Through griefing I gain sadness
Through sadness I gain anger
Through anger I gain hate
Through hat(e), I ... [insert your personal reaction]

Last edited by Kilian (2020-08-29 23:32:56)

#2 2019-08-09 17:46:55

DestinyCall

Re: Code of the Griefers

LOL .. griefers don't have a code.

#3 2019-08-09 17:50:11

Whatever

its very true

#4 2019-08-09 20:33:56

sigmen4020

DestinyCall wrote:

That’s not true. Griefers do have a code. It goes something like this:

My fun trumps everyone else’s
My fun is not complete without the innocent’s misery
My fun is making everyone quit out of frustration
Others misery is the only thing
Giving my life meaning

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#5 2019-08-09 21:12:57

OminousBladeBlank

Players are inexperienced.
Playing with inexperienced players is boring.
The game does not directly punish inexperience.
If inexperience is not punished, experience has no incentive.
If we do not punish inexperience, no one will.
Misery shall form a suitable player base.
Misery shall create a perfect society.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#6 2019-08-09 21:54:43

sigmen4020

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

Oh you can shove it. People didn’t buy this game to play a “catch-the-griefer simulator”.

#7 2019-08-09 22:08:28

pein

experience with a no skill system
seriously?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-08-09 22:37:49

testo

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

This is some of worst chain of logic ever.

- Starting from the lack of definition to "perfect" and "boring" wich are completely subjective (I loved teaching new players and I hate perfect town designs).

- Follow that with inexperience "not punished => experience has no incentive":
I can call in this thread the most experienced players and most of them will agree that the biggest hit to what you call "experience" was the last dance fix. Wich is oddly enough  not related to inexperience not being punished but to inexperience being rewarded. Note that they are not the same. An experienced player doesn´t care if a new player is or not punished, but hell you can see Pein´s posts all around about how easy is to kill for everyone. The incentive to being experienced has nothing to do with punishing inexperience.

- "If we don´t punish inexperience": I guess is related to you and all people that like to raid towns. Yes, if you don´t punish inexperience the game actually does. It kills you if you don´t eat. It kills you if you touch some animals. So no, you are just being selfish and taking in your hands a self proclaimed goal to make everyone better by killing all people that don´t play the way you want.

- "Misery shall form a suitable player base": what in the world did you smoke, I can not believe how entitled are people these days. So not only you are deciding how a suitable player base is but also how to achieve it. Misery does nothing, misery in a game just makes you ask your money back. Top that with the premise of a parenting and civilization game and you get that in reality anyone should be suitable for this game. (we are all part of a civilization afterall).

- "Misery shall create a perfect society": This is a premise. It is personal. You can agree or disagree. Does perfect exist anywhere but in you mind? Kindness shall create a perfect society. Sounds about the same, does about a lot more and is a lot more challenging.

TLDR:
So yeah, you are just trying to justify yourself and your own sadism with some flawed retoric. The only reason you are a thing and you can kill as much as you want is because you have vitually INFINITE LIVES, ANONYMITY, SWORDS, EVERYONE IN A CAGE AND NOT A PROPER COMBAT SYSTEM. Take one card away and bye bye raids and all your mumbo jumbo.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#9 2019-08-09 22:40:18

DestinyCall

Don't mind OminousBladeBlank.  He is one of those griefers who likes to pretend he is doing God's work when he slaughters defenseless villagers.   Clearly they deserved what they got for spending their time learning how to tend carrots and bake pies rather than practicing their archery on every passing Eve.

If only they were up to his standards, they might have been more fun to kill ... sigh.  Poor sad griefer.

#10 2019-08-10 18:32:57

kubassa
Banned

sigmen4020 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Giving my life meaning

This is how i read this guys response.

cry cry waaa waaa cry
waa waa waa cry cry boo hoo sniff sniff cry
boo hoo sniff cry waa waa cry cry sniff
cry cry cry waa waa waa sniff
cry cry I am a cry baby

Last edited by kubassa (2019-08-10 18:36:09)

I got huge ballz.

#11 2019-08-10 21:40:21

OminousBladeBlank

testo wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

- Starting from the lack of definition to "perfect" and "boring" wich are completely subjective (I loved teaching new players and I hate perfect town designs).

I can call in this thread the most experienced players and most of them will agree that the biggest hit to what you call "experience" was the last dance fix. Wich is oddly enough  not related to inexperience not being punished but to inexperience being rewarded. Note that they are not the same. An experienced player doesn´t care if a new player is or not punished, but hell you can see Pein´s posts all around about how easy is to kill for everyone. The incentive to being experienced has nothing to do with punishing inexperience.

- "If we don´t punish inexperience": I guess is related to you and all people that like to raid towns. Yes, if you don´t punish inexperience the game actually does. It kills you if you don´t eat. It kills you if you touch some animals. So no, you are just being selfish and taking in your hands a self proclaimed goal to make everyone better by killing all people that don´t play the way you want.

- "Misery shall form a suitable player base": what in the world did you smoke, I can not believe how entitled are people these days. So not only you are deciding how a suitable player base is but also how to achieve it. Misery does nothing, misery in a game just makes you ask your money back. Top that with the premise of a parenting and civilization game and you get that in reality anyone should be suitable for this game. (we are all part of a civilization afterall).

- "Misery shall create a perfect society": This is a premise. It is personal. You can agree or disagree. Does perfect exist anywhere but in you mind? Kindness shall create a perfect society. Sounds about the same, does about a lot more and is a lot more challenging.

TLDR:
So yeah, you are just trying to justify yourself and your own sadism with some flawed retoric. The only reason you are a thing and you can kill as much as you want is because you have vitually INFINITE LIVES, ANONYMITY, SWORDS, EVERYONE IN A CAGE AND NOT A PROPER COMBAT SYSTEM. Take one card away and bye bye raids and all your mumbo jumbo.

I play a game about societal conflict. Intrasocietal and intersocietal. I like this game because it has complexities. I despise griefers by my definition - players directly ignoring the game's mechanically defined duty to your family. If it wasn't defined before, it is now with genetic fitness.

Being selfish is part of the game. While I may mercilessly slaughter a town, it's not my family being slaughtered. While I may not care about members of other families, I care about members of mine. I don't talk much to other families necessarily, but I talk at length with mine.

I play the game the exact way it is intended to be played.

People are not prepared to take on raids.

They need to see what happens when they are not prepared.

Leaders are scarce to be seen. Respect and decision making need to be more consistent within communities so that perfectly good cities don't decay when a small group of hard workers pass on the torch.

If you think that eating and dodging mobs is considered a high skill cap, I'd have to disagree strongly.

What happens when the tech tree advances? the game gets more complex. A game about human interaction gets more complex. The conflict a community faces gets more complex. The developer continuously increases the stakes of the game.

When writing responses to these types of posts, I need to remind myself that children play this game. You were a good reminder.

Playing a game the way it is meant to be played is not sadistic.

Also, please try to understand that I don't really take this thread seriously and I'm being a little facetious with the whole griefers code. I don't consider myself a griefer, I'm a violent roleplayer.

also as for this part "INFINITE LIVES, ANONYMITY, SWORDS, EVERYONE IN A CAGE AND NOT A PROPER COMBAT SYSTEM"

I doubt infinite lives ill change but yes you're right.

Anonymity would change nothing. I declare that I am a warrior in any life that I wish to war in. I'm not ashamed to fight and murder for the good of my family.

Swords being gone would make it harder to raid but not impossible.

The rift does help a lot yes.

A proper combat system would just make war more interesting and reliant more on skill. better 1 v 8 situations for me.

Basically, If you don't want to be raided then be unraidable. Once raiding is too difficult to be profitable, trade will develop.

Till then, see you on the battlefield... Or your town when you're an infant ;D

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#12 2019-08-10 21:43:04

OminousBladeBlank

DestinyCall wrote:

Don't mind OminousBladeBlank.  He is one of those griefers who likes to pretend he is doing God's work when he slaughters defenseless villagers.   Clearly they deserved what they got for spending their time learning how to tend carrots and bake pies rather than practicing their archery on every passing Eve.

If only they were up to his standards, they might have been more fun to kill ... sigh.  Poor sad griefer.

Our lord and savior Jason Christ calls to me. It is his hand slaughtering your young. I am but a vessel.

Those kids could also have learned how to renew a fence... or not give out random gate permissions... Carrots are important too. But so is fence upkeep.

#13 2019-08-10 21:43:55

sigmen4020

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Giving my life meaning

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Which guy? Also what I lovely mature response. You must be fun to be around XD.

But you know griefers are totally hardcore badasses and not no-life losers.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-10 21:45:35)

#14 2019-08-10 21:44:08

OminousBladeBlank

pein wrote:

experience with a no skill system
seriously?

Strategy is skill, my friend. Though yes, no mechanical skill really. Nothing beyond clicking and flicking anyway.

#15 2019-08-10 21:45:36

OminousBladeBlank

sigmen4020 wrote:

Oh you can shove it. People didn’t buy this game to play a “catch-the-griefer simulator”.

Well they did buy a 'build up and protect your family simulator' so... If you get raided by another family... you didn't... protect...

#16 2019-08-11 01:04:45

Saolin

sigmen4020 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Giving my life meaning

This is the most succinct and accurate description of what a "griefer's code" would appear to be.  Very astute of you.

Sadly, some men never develop the ability to consider another person's perspective (women almost always do), and even then, it tends to be one of the later skills to develop in males.  The brain isn't fully developed until 17-19 (it continues to develop until ~25, but at that stage it's just myelination which is essentially speeding up and reinforcing existing pathways)  Given the type of demographic that tends to be seen in video games.......  I remember it being 10% of men never develop the skill, but it could be less than that, I don't specifically remember the number.

Anyway I don't mean to challenge your post at all, I admire your post so much, it's a great description.  Just hoping to provide some perspective for everyone, and maybe wake a few people up that might need a kick to realize they have the option of considering what someone else experiences.

Sadism is also a thing though.  There's a lot of problems with people...

#17 2019-08-11 02:52:17

kubassa
Banned

sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

LOL @ this kids response........... The irony is strong with this BETA.

I got huge ballz.

#18 2019-08-11 03:03:12

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Yeah, because you're not obviously a teenager.

#19 2019-08-11 03:06:49

Mr meeseeks

Sometimes I "grief." I do have a code.. I never bother players that are working hard to make the town survive. I never kill girls when there are just a few. And I never do anything to take away resources that will help a town thrive...

Lately, I've been a bit more indiscriminate.. There is no reward for working hard and being helpful. The town will die soon and be taken over by another family regardless of my actions.. Because there are so many griefers now, I'm never too worried about donkey town.. There is nothing to create, so might as well destroy..

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#20 2019-08-11 03:40:44

OminousBladeBlank

Saolin wrote:

Sadly, some men never develop the ability to consider another person's perspective (women almost always do), and even then, it tends to be one of the later skills to develop in males.  The brain isn't fully developed until 17-19 (it continues to develop until ~25, but at that stage it's just myelination which is essentially speeding up and reinforcing existing pathways)  Given the type of demographic that tends to be seen in video games.......  I remember it being 10% of men never develop the skill, but it could be less than that, I don't specifically remember the number.

Anyway I don't mean to challenge your post at all, I admire your post so much, it's a great description.  Just hoping to provide some perspective for everyone, and maybe wake a few people up that might need a kick to realize they have the option of considering what someone else experiences.

Sadism is also a thing though.  There's a lot of problems with people...

This was one of the clunkiest descriptions of empathy I've ever seen, and I'd be quite surprised if 10% of men do not have the ability to empathize to some extent.

While I think blocking off resources is petty and degenerative, violence and theft are very much a part of the game. I think I can agree with most people that blocking resources and trolling engines / horse carts is not particularly interesting or beneficial.

#21 2019-08-11 11:12:18

sigmen4020

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Lol all your responses basically boil down to "no u". And who even uses BETA anymore. At least come up with original insults tongue.

#22 2019-08-11 14:36:43

testo

OminousBladeBlank wrote:
testo wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

TLDR:

I play a game about societal conflict. Intrasocietal and intersocietal. I like this game because it has complexities. I despise griefers by my definition - players directly ignoring the game's mechanically defined duty to your family. If it wasn't defined before, it is now with genetic fitness.

Being selfish is part of the game. While I may mercilessly slaughter a town, it's not my family being slaughtered. While I may not care about members of other families, I care about members of mine. I don't talk much to other families necessarily, but I talk at length with mine.

I play the game the exact way it is intended to be played.

People are not prepared to take on raids.

They need to see what happens when they are not prepared.

Leaders are scarce to be seen. Respect and decision making need to be more consistent within communities so that perfectly good cities don't decay when a small group of hard workers pass on the torch.

If you think that eating and dodging mobs is considered a high skill cap, I'd have to disagree strongly.

What happens when the tech tree advances? the game gets more complex. A game about human interaction gets more complex. The conflict a community faces gets more complex. The developer continuously increases the stakes of the game.

When writing responses to these types of posts, I need to remind myself that children play this game. You were a good reminder.

Playing a game the way it is meant to be played is not sadistic.

Also, please try to understand that I don't really take this thread seriously and I'm being a little facetious with the whole griefers code. I don't consider myself a griefer, I'm a violent roleplayer.

also as for this part "INFINITE LIVES, ANONYMITY, SWORDS, EVERYONE IN A CAGE AND NOT A PROPER COMBAT SYSTEM"

I doubt infinite lives ill change but yes you're right.

Anonymity would change nothing. I declare that I am a warrior in any life that I wish to war in. I'm not ashamed to fight and murder for the good of my family.

Swords being gone would make it harder to raid but not impossible.

The rift does help a lot yes.

A proper combat system would just make war more interesting and reliant more on skill. better 1 v 8 situations for me.

Basically, If you don't want to be raided then be unraidable. Once raiding is too difficult to be profitable, trade will develop.

Till then, see you on the battlefield... Or your town when you're an infant ;D

The fact that you kill unarmed people just says everything. A warrior fights a warrior, not childs, farmers or unarmed people.

Infinite lives matter because you get as many tries as you want to grief and destroy.

Swords are OP. If you don´t want to fight you literally have no defence against someone armed, not even running away. Swaping swords is ridicuolusly broken.

Rift is literally forced playground to kill if you want.

You get the upper hand as long as you want to kill because now I can´t even dodge you. Funny enough I always asked for duels before the update. So basically killing system is first come first serve. Ridicoulous to be a "warrior" like that.

And I would love to see how many people would raise you if there was no anonymity. Lol everyone would be prepared and would know you like to kill for no reason, you and all griefers have it way too easy becuase of anonymity.

So yeah, you are hardly a warrior. Just a delucional griefer.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#23 2019-08-11 16:48:06

OminousBladeBlank

testo wrote:

The fact that you kill unarmed people just says everything. A warrior fights a warrior, not childs, farmers or unarmed people.

Infinite lives matter because you get as many tries as you want to grief and destroy.

Swords are OP. If you don´t want to fight you literally have no defence against someone armed, not even running away. Swaping swords is ridicuolusly broken.

Rift is literally forced playground to kill if you want.

You get the upper hand as long as you want to kill because now I can´t even dodge you. Funny enough I always asked for duels before the update. So basically killing system is first come first serve. Ridicoulous to be a "warrior" like that.

And I would love to see how many people would raise you if there was no anonymity. Lol everyone would be prepared and would know you like to kill for no reason, you and all griefers have it way too easy becuase of anonymity.

So yeah, you are hardly a warrior. Just a delucional griefer.

If you don't want to fight, make that someone else's job.

Infinite lives matter because you get to be reborn, as do I.

Swords do what they are meant to. High tech item that kills other families.

And plenty of people would raise a warrior because sometimes they are necessary... I don't often raid for no reason. It's for resources, and it takes a lot of planning.

I don't grief. I pillage and plunder for the good of my family. You're hardly a player, just a delusional child having a tantrum because you don't get what you want.

Board footer