One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 04:34:00

pein

The fence minigame

image0.jpg

this shit adobe wall was built again when it was removed (it's not in the wall, it's in the corner of fences
it was the acces point when the fences decayed near it, twice
i put a locked door but people remove it cause why should someone go inside with key, eves must spawn with keys to it

9GWeI5U.png
this was a nice one way out so people can do a shortcut, basically the fence is 80x120 in size so going around is stupid, also that side of the map has no horses and people steal it if someone brings one

but soemone thought ruinign the springy door and makign a gate there is a good idea
image0.jpg

before that, it was 6 families inside
until some fuckers thought that blockign it is better
XTtdtRO.png

played a few hours today, always the same:
someone builds a fence, a gate
gives acces to 1-2 dumb kids
when they die, the gate decays
no one is near the gate, no one checkign fences either
the fences decay
comes in the next family
the more families inside the less work done
they lock everybody up cause they worry about a few raiders
they die anyway and the next idiot maxes the next dumb gate in dumb position

leave the one way out alone! let people go out
it's safe if you don't let in griefers
they cannot open it diagonally
they need permission to go in, but no permission needed to go out, the springy door closes, no risk
if you family is too dumb and lets people in, well that happens with gates too
so i don't see why you got to ruin every exit
trapping your own family is a bigger problem then the raiders

today i seen 3 towns ruined because they were closed inside
some people die to raiders but a nice town wont be ruined, it's taken over generally
you cant fence big enough place to include sulfur, iron mine, palm, etc. not even talking about stone, flat rock, round stones etc
so people need to go out, and your idiot kids having the only acces wont help about that

swords suck, i get that
but rather the lack of dodging which sucks
i would never build a fence if i could dodge a shot and eat all this "fearsome raiders"
if you got a hole on deffence, is shit
if you don't control the gate, is shit
put that damn gate near the fire, or put the fire near gate
plant bushes or whatever, so people can see the main gate at all times

why is that people block their own family for 2 hours and they think is better than letting some outsiders in?
more griefers come from inside anyway

we don't have empty tiles, we don't have tiles or specific items to block building on them but let you trough

there are like 4-5 assholes who ruin stuff so others lock everybody inside tiny fences to defend them
i will never make a property fence again and remove all i see, and kill the ones who make it if people ruin everything anyway

cost nothing and it's there  forever, a 4 year old kid fixes every randomly placed fence, even if it's straight, if not, even if he doesn't understand what was it, so from 2 hour it becomes 3 hours
if others lock you in, people cut all the damn trees, eat all food and die, then the town is ruined and your girls quit on you rather than fixing it

so whats the point then? why cant you go and help an eve to build a small camp for themselves? if you so afraid, lock yourself up, leave the city alone
you can still limit movement a bit with real fences and play guard if you want, but if you lock up your whole family, you are the only griefer

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-08-06 06:13:26

pedrito confesiones

Re: The fence minigame

i saw a similar door now it has a newcomer tower

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#3 2019-08-06 09:39:29

JonySky
Website

I saw when they removed that door Pein
In that city they looked like a lot of children on their first day of OHOL

my family had the last name Dobbie
To start my mother insisted on sheltering me, when I had the temperature above the optimal threshold
I took off my clothes and she kept putting on my clothes ... I finally separated from her so that another player raised me

I immediately realized that the Dobbie had killed my young camp early some generations ago in previous games
I remember my brothers and my mother who died with the war swords of this family without doing anything and with no chance of escape
we had no swords, no bows ... nothing to defend ourselves with, my mother was the daughter of an EVE, and the Dobbie, s annihilated us without compassion
kill for kill we were no danger to them

also remember that in other lives, the Dobbie, s tried to access in our city with war swords, but in that family we had a property fence protecting the perimeter and only some relatives and a great friend of mine from abroad died.

going back to the Dobbie, s (my current family) I noticed that they only had 2 doors, because they were locked between 2 corners of the crack
and of course I was going to take revenge, I wanted everyone to suffer

As the idiots were busy moving the South Gate, my main goal was the West Gate (there were no more doors)
the property fence door deteriorated and nobody cared about it

so I picked up a round stone and seized that door ... the door was my property

the South gate didn't worry me too much since almost nobody had permits and I was about to close it with property fences
No one passed by because they couldn't open it

When I had just locked up the Dobbie, I was still young and decided to go exploring with my horse to live as long as possible and leave this family locked as long as possible

I only hope to have contributed to the extinction of this family effectively

Last edited by JonySky (2019-08-06 11:02:33)

#4 2019-08-06 11:37:58

pein

dobbie: black family on NW town fence, lasted a while

i was going to NÉ side as it failed again and again
i finally made cistern and we gathered water
i seen the loose engines in Elderio, the fact that NÉ town was robbed of buckets and horses, iron, carts, etc and that it was still very good composition of biomes, lot of branches, told discorders to take one engien from elderio (that time was rioto)
so then it can hold a family and less pressure other sides of map

and actually it was holding, but the last day, it was other dobbie family, some kid was named dobbie from a creol fam and so the name stay but that was other family

elderio was mining with an engine and the extra iron got to NE side, 2 engines got made, with  the rubber trees i planted, around 8ish tires which ended up on carts mostly 4, 2 stolen
and it was mining iron by the end of the day and hosting tons of people during the day so the input was honored by the people, and overall made everybody richer

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-08-06 11:47:04

JonySky
Website

pein wrote:

dobbie: black family on NW town fence, lasted a while

i was going to NÉ side as it failed again and again
i finally made cistern and we gathered water
i seen the loose engines in Elderio, the fact that NÉ town was robbed of buckets and horses, iron, carts, etc and that it was still very good composition of biomes, lot of branches, told discorders to take one engien from elderio (that time was rioto)
so then it can hold a family and less pressure other sides of map

and actually it was holding, but the last day, it was other dobbie family, some kid was named dobbie from a creol fam and so the name stay but that was other family

elderio was mining with an engine and the extra iron got to NE side, 2 engines got made, with  the rubber trees i planted, around 8ish tires which ended up on carts mostly 4, 2 stolen
and it was mining iron by the end of the day and hosting tons of people during the day so the input was honored by the people, and overall made everybody richer

This was my "family"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5111200

Last edited by JonySky (2019-08-06 11:48:51)

#6 2019-08-06 11:52:40

JonySky
Website

2019-08-06-13-52-14-One-Hour-One-Life.jpg

I see what you say Pein ...

Last edited by JonySky (2019-08-06 11:53:14)

#7 2019-08-06 12:02:43

pein

oh yeah, i met eve dante, she came at a time of famine
seems like someone left a girl unnamed and the exact girl made a day long family under her with false name big_smile

#8 2019-08-06 14:31:07

ollj

if it is easily sabotaged, it is bad.

#9 2019-08-06 16:07:14

Saolin

Is it possible to build a proper airlock / single entrance that works from both sides and can't be blocked?

#10 2019-08-06 16:21:29

ollj

stone floor with corpse on it is most hard to remove non blocking contrsutable.
it also makes it hard to lure bears over it, if the gate is not a straight line.

#11 2019-08-06 18:35:45

pein

you cant put fences on roads, only gates or other type of walls which need a tool

right now, the best options are radio base (not sure how much needs to be made)
crock pots with cabbage in it or cooked stew

the simple ones like home marker (quite funny but you wont find stones or sharp stones easy now, mainly cause of stone hoes)
ew fence (can be opened with short shaft and closed with mallet) needs adze shovel worst case

if you arrive north east side, i think you need to walk at lest 200 tiles to find a sharp stone anywhere

#12 2019-08-06 21:44:39

maomao

I remember you, I was one of your cousins and was wondering why you refused to pass ownership for the west gate lol

Although right after you died, the gate broke and it was simply set up by another person, who did pass ownership throughout the family so your endeavors only succeeded temporarily. (Not sure if you knew already, but property gates break if the last/only owner dies)

Sorry about your young camp being massacred by the way, really sucks to hear that. Everyone seems so out for blood these days when given the opportunity.

#13 2019-08-06 23:46:10

ollj

nw and west town lasted just cause it was very far away and noone bothered building the nw diagonal road for ever. its still far from done. NE town is relatively stable for having a large fenched area and being in a far corner, surrounded by smaller ruins. any raider just gets distracted why whats in the sattelite ruins. the ne road took long and still has many gaps.
central-SW town is now ruins forever, cause it was closest to center/roads, and because raiders mostly made camps south of it. that town just could not withstand constant harrasments.

east center town is stgrongest stronghold. mostly because it has great geography near it. it dominates its area and even manages to withstand constant fenche-gate blockings and even though it has an early death-road connection.

southern border raider camps come and go and come and go. nothing lasts long there, but they keep rebuilding fenches and mass murdering animals in the southern half of the hell cell. occasuinally bears claim it back.

#14 2019-08-07 01:49:06

Saolin

Hmm I was trying to think of designs for an entrance.  The best I could come up with is have a square of property fence attached to the main fenced-in area, with a gate on each side for 4 total gates, one going into the main town area, the other 3 going out into the wilderness, ideally tripling the investment someone would need to block the access.  Could even be larger to add even more gates.  Idea would be to raise the cost of blocking the gates so high that it wouldn't be very manageable, and would essentially grief the griefer (have fun lugging all those stone blocks).

The thing is though, isn't it possible to block a gate by just putting up your own small property fence with a gate on it around their gate?

The more I think about it, I wonder if gates are just a negative presence in general.  Fence is useful to bounce bears off, but anyone who wants to grief a town can just /die until they get born inside.

#15 2019-08-07 02:02:18

pein

mango tree: cant be cut when soiled but not watered
landing pad: cant place anything on it for 2 hours

Board footer