One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-04 06:29:27

Morti

Scrap Roads

Tovqr7r.png

Place holders for eventual roads.

This one going from the town at the center of the map, to the town in the northeast corner.

Help work on them if you get the chance, start from the wells in the corners and work your way to the center.

#2 2019-08-04 07:17:22

Whatever

Re: Scrap Roads

nice,
there are 2 other towns also connected to the center,
one is connected with the road to the east,
the other one is to the south, if you follow the road at one point it splits to the west.
the roads have holes in them but they work.

now we only have to teach people not to kill each other all time and live in peace, but i think this will be impossible.

#3 2019-08-04 08:00:02

Morti

Be careful southeast of the center, there is a long stretch of tundra surrounded by badlands and desert going almost 1/4 of the way southeast from the center. If you are in the southeast corner and heading northwest, you mat want to veer around that unless fully clothed and carrying food.
Spent my last life working on the scrap road through that tundra, but I'd like to get it replaced with a fast diagonal road.

Also, there is not a town at the center, that town that I thought was near the center is more like 160 east, 160 north, something like that. The "road" does now go from the well in the farthest northeast corner, to the well near the shrine at the center.

We need people who are not afraid of challenge to help on these things. If you can lay food or warm clothing you have to spare on the roads, that'd be nice, or, set up some horse hitches, cut trees or dig up stumps and big rocks.

There are not a whole lot of flat rocks left on the map, I'm not sure we can make the whole + and X but the X would reach farther into the corners for the same amount of flat rocks.

I won't take flat rocks from the roads already in town, or from graves, but please use what is left sparingly.
I suppose that goes for all resources...

Try to make the most of what you can, with what we have.

Very rough idea of the outcome, all towns in the four corners, as well as the four cardinal points, will be connected via the center.
IboRruT.png

#4 2019-08-04 09:09:04

Morti

Someone please kill the snakes of the southeast corner, before someone gets hurt.
I'll try to get down there and continue the road to the center, but if anyone is born to the town down there, just west of the corner, please clear that desert of snakes.
I left about 50 cactus fruit out for anyone travelling through there, but if you see cacti fruiting, by all means, pull more.
It's all there is to keep people alive down there; the whole southeast corner of the map is pretty rough terrain.

qvyV7qs.jpg

But there are a few untapped tarry spots down there, and of course, there will always be the cacti.

#5 2019-08-04 10:21:45

Morti

Morti wrote:

Someone please kill the snakes of the southeast corner...

Thanks, stranger.
JPo8nIQ.jpg
Whoever you were, I appreciate it.

The hardest part of the southeast road is yet ahead, have to connect the monument at the center to the small patch of grasslands, southeast of the tundra. That is going to mean working mostly in the tundra with few food sources around.

Then I'll/we'll decide where to go from there.
I haven't scouted the southwest or northwest passages yet, but I'm sure they will take two to three lives to make the paths, if I have to do them alone.

#6 2019-08-04 14:48:06

Morti

You like bananas?

h1DS9fx.jpg

How about these bananas?

#7 2019-08-04 15:13:31

Morti

Roadkill
vgs7mvJ.jpg

#8 2019-08-04 19:23:18

ollj

NE road definitely has priority, theres like 4 settlements close to that, and they keep being resettled, but roads are missign NE.
NW road has one very good city but pretty far away.
SW road diagonal prettymuch done, theres a gap at the diagonal where theres one of the biggest ruins. and that ruin already "connects" to ther S-road and is the closest one to the map center anyways.
SE has nothing too interesting NEARby this one can wait forever.

E is already connected to the only near middle east sity, and i dont care about far east.
N has some small neglible ruins among it, nothing too big.
W is mostly badlands and no settlements
S has one old ruin but also moostlsy desert, not worth it.

Last edited by ollj (2019-08-04 19:25:56)

#9 2019-08-04 20:10:08

Morti

Six Major Towns
S11BWI7.png

FiicEi6.png

SSE has one of my favorite cities, at 200, -320. I want to connect that one to the road at 200, -200.
I started in the NE with the scrap roads, connecting the two cities there, then I died twice trying to connect 160,160 to the center, so, you jerks can just wait for your road.
I made the whole scrap road going NW in one life, not a lot of flat rocks along that path, so, it was a pain to get anything more useful in. I did that walking too... please tame more horses and make more carts!

I made almost all the wells you see across the map, that are not in the 6 major towns, yesterday. But there are still a lot of stones in the tundras, deserts and badlands, and a lot more places that could benefit from small wells.

Try not to cut anymore yew, cedar or maple and we can get some Newcomen engines on those wells and power them with charcoal, no problem. Then we can have a few more settlements. We could also use some more fuel and diesel engines for any of you willing to build them. There are a few mines that we could get more iron from, one to the west southwest that could even use a stanchion if no one has gotten it yet, but we are going to need those diesel engines to get more iron, to get more diesel engines, to get more iron.

Aagh! Too much pressure!
tweek-tweak-south-park-89.5.jpg

#10 2019-08-05 06:54:46

pein

need an oil pumpjack on NÉ, like 120 under the city

also if any spare engine, we need to put on depleted mines, i think riotto had one

center north could host a new city as well

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2019-08-05 08:12:27

Grim_Arbiter

Six turned into 8 haha.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#12 2019-08-05 13:57:50

Morti

pein wrote:

center north could host a new city as well

I hadn't really explored much up there until today.

Problem at this stage comes down to a lack of iron for a typical start; need those axes and shovels for firewood and to clear stumps for working areas.

But it's good land, still a lot of natural soil deposits untouched along with some wild berries for a naturally replenishing food supply.

I see people have tried, in all the central north grassland locations, but there just isn't soft enough ground to get roots in, not to mention there aren't many people left playing the game at all.

#13 2019-08-05 21:59:50

pein

i was back aat elderio? old ricoto town, they finally fenced around the mine, and a chisel and a kero isn't a big of a deal for 6 iron

i took a horsecart of iron up there, i wasn't the only one

planted pine and rubber
already processed the ones i planted, 12 of them
then planted 12 more, hopefully it will stop the cutting on the branch trees for a few hours (not alone, but with the trees cut on southern side swamp)
got like 4 sulfur (it's a bit far for NÉ) and i seen they made some rubber

i was born in feuer town (central west), but i suicided, was enough to see the newcommen just depleted
actually it wasn't even made there, as they had no multiporpose at all, but had some oil
the core is gone, so there isn't easy to make water sources, 40 right and 40 up right just spring
40 up a well, 40 down a well and 80 down a deep well
i made pipes then processed the oil so they got kero but they cant use it
didn't made wick burner but i guess the NÉ town doesn't need that much so might take it along with a tire

they got shittons of horses, and a huge area fenced which is unsustainable and not fully understandable, why they fear so much when they got nothing else, i mean horses aare op but they don't really gathering the needed stuff
i guess NÉ town was worse yesterday so cant really complain
next step would be an engine from somemwhere, and

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#14 2019-08-06 07:57:51

Potjeh

Huh? A couple of hours before your post I completed an engine in the central east town and mine a whole bunch of iron, then took two carts worth to the northeast corner town. Next life I used it to make a mining engine there. Are you saying it was already gone?

#15 2019-08-06 12:18:59

pein

not sure if we met, we did qutie a few chisels in elderio and i seen around 5-6 carts of iron

one engine is locked away near a bear cave, prolly someone is mining with it but wasn't online at the time, and i think is smart cause we don't have loose iron, so it's a good failsafe, so i left it alone

elderio town died out, due to lack offemales, i seen males lot later too but then i ran across it and the mine camp fence was decayed

but my guess it's central west town who stole it as they had no rubber, and no skilled players after i left, a lot of rp fucks, and quite a lot of horses, so they took an engien from somewhere and just toss it on the well
they ruined  their own core placign a multipurpose next to an oil rig so there is no way they made engine without rubber

Board footer