One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-03 23:58:18

ComeStayin

Weapon bug?

Ok guys so I've been playing this game since it released on steam but today and by today I mean right just now, someone from my family shot me with a bow and instantly put her bow in a horse cart, got on the horse and left. As far as I know if you kill with anything else except sword you can't do anything for a short period and as I said she was from my family not from a different one. Did something change and I didn't notice it in the patch notes or is this a bug? I just made the account on forums so this could be answered for me, thank you.

If this question showed up again before please redirect me because I haven't seen anything about that.

Last edited by ComeStayin (2019-08-04 00:02:07)

#2 2019-08-04 20:36:21

Villas

Re: Weapon bug?

I’ve witnessed this bug before.
When I see someone wielding some object and that person leaves, then when I see the same person years after, I see this person wielding the same item while they are not, I’ve seen people walking normally with bloody bow, or even babies typing more than ten words.
It might be related to some cache issue.

Also, it only happens to me when I’m using some modified client with zoom out, it has never happened while I’m using vanilla game, so I can’t blame the developer. It might be something related to zoom out and cache.

You probably saw that person with a bow before and then the same person stabbed you with a sword, but you were still seeing the bow. Unless your cause of death was “Killed by bow”.

#3 2019-08-04 23:39:13

pein

weirdest was when someone grew up right before my eyes

that was when i followed coordinates, and ofc it showed a grave then a few deaths of kids of an eve, so generally was a newer camp and the kids between were my age, it's a bit creepy
kinda the cache holds the last info about them and takes a bit to reset it
also lag (which why this shift click is even worse with lag than before, jokes on "made against lag")

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-08-05 10:27:51

ComeStayin

The person who killed me was from my family so sword was not possible as swords can't kill family, mentioned that in my original post. She was a griefer that took the only horse in the village all the bows and arrows, she had no other weapons on her and I just checked, it was an arrow wound that killed me. All the village tried to get her but because she was on the horse and running constantly it was hard to get her with the few knives we had as she didn't come close to people, only to bring bears close to the city which she brought 5 bears the whole village was a death trap with 5 bears inside. She killed me and a boy at the same place in like 5 seconds interval with the same bow, both me and that boy pretty much died at the same time with only a few seconds difference both from arrow wound. It seemed weird to me, that's why I made this post.

#5 2019-08-05 13:09:50

Grim_Arbiter

Sigh..

Well this about confirms the other story someone told me.

Somebody is cheesing whatever's client and breaking it.

Do you still have their name in game?

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer