One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-06 07:24:08

Aname

Re: So the Apocalypse is here

Antichthon wrote:
Aname wrote:

So everything i made just got destroyed?

Yep.

Im not even mad the cities where destroyed anyway.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#27 2018-04-06 08:34:25

Aname

jasonrohrer wrote:

Not griefers, exactly.

I feel like the game kinda stagnates once people reach the upper levels of tech.  Obviously, there's nothing left to "do" at that point.

I'm going to be adding content to the game every week, but for the foreseeable future, people will be able to catch up to me before the end of the week.

It's impossible for me to make content that will take you MORE than a week to play through if I only spend a week making it.  In fact, so far, it has taken people a few hours to play through the content that I spend a week making.

The idea is that there will be an apocalypse trigger in the upper reaches of the tech tree.  But it will move and change each week, going further up as the tech moves further up.

And, when people get really bored of high-level tech, they can trigger it and start over again.  But every week, it gets harder and harder to trigger as it moves further up the tech tree.

Eventually, when I'm done adding tech to the game in 2 years, the apocalypse trigger would be a nuclear bomb or something like that.  And it will hopefully take people a full week or more to get to that point in tech.

After all, this IS a game about what it's like to build civilization from scratch, if we had to.

Over the past 2+ weeks, people hadn't really been doing that anymore, as civilization had become established.

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close eye on this and adjusting it along the way.

#28 2018-04-06 09:56:54

Laura

What?
How can i imagine the apocalypse?

#29 2018-04-06 09:57:52

Aname

Laura wrote:

What?
How can i imagine the apocalypse?

its just that youre screen i going white and u get killed by apocalypse and then everything resets

#30 2018-04-06 10:02:20

Laura

sad what the fuck?

#31 2018-04-06 10:03:41

Aname

Laura wrote:

sad what the fuck?

yea so everything u made is now gone. every big city is gone. we need to start over.

all the servers getting resetted.

#32 2018-04-06 10:06:21

TrustyWay

Aname wrote:
Laura wrote:

sad what the fuck?

yea so everything u made is now gone. every big city is gone. we need to start over.

This would have been funnier if the monolith makes eves stop spawning and the server has to survive until it really ends.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-06 10:06:41)

#33 2018-04-06 10:31:34

breezeknight

Gederian wrote:
stickyflypaper wrote:

I'm... still confused? Why is this a thing?

My crazy guess... The servers can't handle the number of objects that get created so the solution was to make it easy to wipe out a server. Talk about taking griefing to a whole new level...

yep

but rather griefing of any form of griefing

#34 2018-04-06 12:46:29

Nimue

i cant complain i never had so much fun playing a game... it creates epic scenes, there i was a mother explaning about the worms to compost to the last girl in the village a little away from town in the wormy deposit when sunddely i turn old and had to run back so the legacy continue, I MADE IT, then this guy says: we have to keep this one alive at all costs 3 seconds later everything starts getting bright and brighter... you died APOCALIPSE! LOVED IT!  Really enjoied the grind after of starting from zero too!

#35 2018-04-06 12:49:24

DaughterOfEve

My boyfriend kinda just pointed it out to me but... wouldn’t four horses make more sense for an apocalypse?? Would be harder to press reset with four too. I can’t believe there’s already been three wipe-outs.

#36 2018-04-06 13:02:53

Neamtu44

TrustyWay wrote:
Aname wrote:
Laura wrote:

sad what the fuck?

This would have been funnier if the monolith makes eves stop spawning and the server has to survive until it really ends.

BEST IDEA EVER!
And when the last one dies, reset server

#37 2018-04-06 13:12:20

Claudio_f5

4th apocalypse happened few minutes ago. Spawned as an Eve and died at 27 without doing anything. Game is almost unplayable right now.

I'd suggest to revert back to the previous version and think this through a little more. It's not going to be long before people stop playing the game for good at this rate.

Also, giving bronze age people a doomsday device is stupid and makes no sense at all.

Last edited by Claudio_f5 (2018-04-06 13:16:49)

#38 2018-04-06 13:19:32

Valiry

Really? 4th apocalypse in few hours? I bought this game yesterday and I had so much fun YESTERDAY, but today its just annoying, starting from beginning, and got no chance to build a camp. Hope he will soon get away with this stupid apocalypse. there is no more fun in this game, and I think in a few hours, no one will play it.

#39 2018-04-06 13:27:34

TrustyWay

One Life One World - Hobo Paradise #4

I would go watch this movie

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-06 13:27:53)

#40 2018-04-06 13:42:59

Joriom
Website

Valiry wrote:

Really? 4th apocalypse in few hours?

There are few teams speed running Apocalypse event to see how much we can optimize the build path and how fast we can bring dom to the game world. First attempt took over 5 hours - we had all the tools but nobody was motivated enough to try it himself. Second try took 5 hours as well. Server 11 started the attempt but we took to many bystanders in game who almost starved us to death and trolled the run enough to slow us down to 5 hours again. Third run took just 4 hours. We already had three teams competing for best time but we were sloppy with methods and placement of our first camps. 4th run took only 1 hour 25 minutes. Second team was also about to finish  (one-person teams this time). We believe sigle person can optimize the build down to around 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes. Team of perfectly cooperating TWO people (but not more, not enough food) should be able to blast the Apocalypse in single Eve lifetime knowing map and using coordinates to find way. I believe one of two things will happen. People will get bored of speedruns (less likely) or Apocalypse will get nerfed A LOT very soon (more likely).

#41 2018-04-06 14:01:00

Morti

Joriom wrote:
Valiry wrote:

Really? 4th apocalypse in few hours?

There are few teams speed running Apocalypse event to see how much we can optimize the build path and how fast we can bring dom to the game world. First attempt took over 5 hours - we had all the tools but nobody was motivated enough to try it himself. Second try took 5 hours as well. Server 11 started the attempt but we took to many bystanders in game who almost starved us to death and trolled the run enough to slow us down to 5 hours again. Third run took just 4 hours. We already had three teams competing for best time but we were sloppy with methods and placement of our first camps. 4th run took only 1 hour 25 minutes. Second team was also about to finish  (one-person teams this time). We believe sigle person can optimize the build down to around 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes. Team of perfectly cooperating TWO people (but not more, not enough food) should be able to blast the Apocalypse in single Eve lifetime knowing map and using coordinates to find way. I believe one of two things will happen. People will get bored of speedruns (less likely) or Apocalypse will get nerfed A LOT very soon (more likely).

LOL

I like your group. Can I join? But how are you getting coordinates?

I'd like to help get this Apocalypse nerfed.

#42 2018-04-06 14:21:35

Potjeh

Claudio_f5 wrote:

Also, giving bronze age people a doomsday device is stupid and makes no sense at all.

Never heard of Bronze Age collapse? The science doesn't know why exactly it happened, but it's a fair guess that it had something to do with monoliths tongue

#43 2018-04-06 16:28:22

Claudio_f5

Potjeh wrote:
Claudio_f5 wrote:

Never heard of Bronze Age collapse? The science doesn't know why exactly it happened, but it's a fair guess that it had something to do with monoliths tongue

None of the possible causes of the collapse is even remotely similar to a Doomsday Device that could have been created and activated by a single person...

Last edited by Claudio_f5 (2018-04-06 16:29:00)

#44 2018-04-06 18:12:48

SunWukong

Potjeh wrote:

What I find craziest about that collapse is that one of the best theories behind it is that all these massive civilizations were wiped out by the Sea Peoples, a poorly identified, mysterious hoard of raiders that just showed up and devastated everything.

The original proto-griefers if you will....

Board footer