One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-10 08:10:16

Amon

"Amon gotta go"

Time to take a temporary leave from both the game and the forums, since Amon is writing a thesis and on top of that, Amon only plays games when Amon feels happy.
For those curious, the thesis is about Cities/Urbanscapes in art, a thorough analysis of depictions through hhistory from the earliest depictions to the latest. Later the thesis also focuses on the complex bond between cities - mankind - civilisation and they mean to humans on a global and personal level, why there is often a call for 'return to nature' and the concept of city-human. And this all are the elements that can effect the psyche of humans and how artists effectively use them as stand ins for complex psychological motifs to express themselves.

Wish me luck, Amon does not like to write long, but I must do it.
I hope when I return, OHOL will be an even grander game than it is now.
Take care, Love,
Amon

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#2 2019-07-10 10:28:22

testo

Re: "Amon gotta go"

Good luck, writing a thesis is no easy task.
I hope we get tomatoes fixed by the time you come back smile

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#3 2019-07-10 12:08:26

ollj

Re: "Amon gotta go"

very good plan.

when it comes to city simulations (as games), there are 3 books that heavily inspired [sim city] in its design, which are very on topic here and worth looking into for general city (simulation) planning. they are on how cities are most likely planned better, how cities spreead out and interact by what its population needs, which is then translated into abstract models, that look a lot like fluid-simulations and distance fields on www.shadertoy.com.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-10 12:09:52)

Board footer