One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-03 21:18:15

Star

Ending the Bob Trend

Many of you may not know me, but I was the one who founded the bob trend- and the very original bob town. While I have been inactive, I have heard of much hatred toward the bobs.

With the recent no double names update, it is time to put an end. I had no idea of how much people hate the name until I returned today- and it should be looked back on with the happy parts, and I fondly remember when I spawned back into bob town many generations later and seeing how much it has grown.

Bob <3

#2 2019-07-03 21:39:08

pein

Re: Ending the Bob Trend

im the one who ended it, bad for searching people
finally he listened to my complaints
actually he removed eve names too but they dont differ at all so a lot of duplicate eve names

you can still do maximilan variations and abigail variations

Last edited by pein (2019-07-03 21:39:34)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-07-03 21:40:50

Grim_Arbiter

Star wrote:

Many of you may not know me, but I was the one who founded the bob trend- and the very original bob town. While I have been inactive, I have heard of much hatred toward the bobs.

With the recent no double names update, it is time to put an end. I had no idea of how much people hate the name until I returned today- and it should be looked back on with the happy parts, and I fondly remember when I spawned back into bob town many generations later and seeing how much it has grown.

Bob was never as bad as lazer or adolfo. The bob cult worked actually pretty well compared to the others.

Now just name them all variations of bob.

Robert, bobby, robbie, rob, ect

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-07-03 21:53:05

Bob 101

It's not so common now, I think it's already fizzled out mostly.

Same name towns always made me do want to /die, especially when all the women are following along with it.

I am curious how long a meme town has lasted before dying out or going back to normal.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-07-03 21:57:12)

#5 2019-07-03 22:28:52

ollj

we call people, who name everyone the same first name, griefers.
by making this a cult, you defined a town of griefers.
they sooner or later will just notice that they can not be cursed easily, and start murdering each other.
his is why you never name a boy "myson"

--- on silly shared group actions rather than shared names:

i often try a "bonding" thing, where i repeat the same two letter phrase as another baby the same age. often i get the other one to just echo me, saying the phrase, ist usually "Ja", the first time this worked in two different towns.
usually this is only a two way bond, an identification between two players, but in one town, a third person joined in, and we where the "gi" saying triplet, and then a fourth just paroted us without gettin the reason for it.
in a small young town, three people constantly saying "gi" created curiosity, thwat i explained too often, so i wrote a note: "boind by saying gi"
and that note became too famous too fast within the town, people kept readin it a lot.

and this was a mild mistake, because envy makes murderers, after more than half of the towns population started repediately saying "gi" or "gigigigi" and "bond by saqying gi" in "the town of people that keep saying gi"
that envious griefer, annoyed by very mild spam, just killed me for explaining peoile why i bond and how. they sure do not like tamwork.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-03 22:36:05)

#6 2019-07-04 05:48:21

InSpace

nonononon I was the one who started the bob cult.

#7 2019-07-04 06:12:05

InSpace

#8 2019-07-04 15:03:09

testo

Nice. Bob is dead.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#9 2019-07-04 20:23:15

Star

InSpace wrote:

sad I thought we worked together?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3779

Bob <3

Board footer