One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-01 23:02:10

SomeDude

Using the name "Hope".

If I ever catch you naming your kid "Hope", I will kill you and the child. If I am named "Hope", I will kill whoever named me and then die myself. Ok thank you for reading why I will murder anybody named "Hope".        :)

--Ok heres a edit, I think the name is too overused, and I just have a bias against that name.

Last edited by SomeDude (2019-07-01 23:15:37)

Corn is the holy crop of the people
1 water = 5 corn, 1 corn = 1 milk bucket, 1 milk bucket = 120 pips. (or 80 pips with cream.) 1 water bowl = 120 pips. 1 water bowl = 35 pips. (7 evil berries)
Always make corn farms, not evil puny noob berry farm.

#2 2019-07-01 23:12:45

Jojigirl

Re: Using the name "Hope".

SomeDude wrote:

Ok thank you for reading why I will murder anybody named "Hope".        smile

I did not read anywhere in your post as to why you will murder in the name of Hope.

#3 2019-07-01 23:16:58

SomeDude

Bias and it's a bit overused. Edited that into the main post now.

'      '
                   '
               \___/

1 water = 5 corn, 1 corn = 1 milk bucket, 1 milk bucket = 120 pips. (or 80 pips with cream.) 1 water bowl = 120 pips. 1 water bowl = 35 pips. (7 evil berries)

#4 2019-07-01 23:25:30

Jojigirl

I agree, it is overused, but I just go with the flow on names, most of the time I don't even check what my name actually is until I look at my family tree, or someone keeps calling out a name.. Then I'll check to see if they are speaking to me lol Other than that, a name is a name to me.

#5 2019-07-02 02:53:51

Kitaelia

Jojigirl wrote:

I agree, it is overused, but I just go with the flow on names, most of the time I don't even check what my name actually is until I look at my family tree, or someone keeps calling out a name.. Then I'll check to see if they are speaking to me lol Other than that, a name is a name to me.

I can relate with this! I have such a hard time remembering my name xD

But yeah there are some names that are overused.
Hope has definitely been one of them for a long while now!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#6 2019-07-02 03:02:21

testo

I agree it is overused but it is hardly annoying because theres no Hope cult. Names that I hate and /die to: Steve, Adolf, Lazer, Bob. Everytime I see someone mass naming kids I try to murder him.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2019-07-02 05:31:04

MultiLife

How aboooout ignoring it when someone does it? I know, pretty wild thing to do, but then you wouldn't seem like such a petty human.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#8 2019-07-02 14:45:19

ollj

"myson" is so much worse than "hope"

#9 2019-07-02 15:15:23

arkajalka

The name is cursed. Its the name people give to the towns only girl.

I used to rip or /die when i get this name. Hate it from the bottom of my hearth.

Only thing i hate more is mosquitoes REEEEEEEEEE!

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#10 2019-07-02 15:31:10

Amon

The moment you kill people, parent and child for an act as simple as naming them a non troll name, is the moment you become a griefer.

Don't be a griefer. Sure Hope is an overly saccharine and cliche name. It's NOT a name given for malice or 'trololol' reasons but instead invokes joy and happiness in the name giver. Honestly I suppose that name being related to the last girl is in fact persistant OHOL lore we created in this world. For some it might be even sweet.
Don't ruin that for those people that enjoy it (or are just a participating party) by being a ccum griefer.

Last edited by Amon (2019-07-02 22:36:44)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#11 2019-07-02 16:02:23

RodneyC86

Amon wrote:

The moment you kill people, parent and child for an act as simple as naming them a non troll name, is the moment you become a griefer.

Don't be a griefer. Sure Hope is an overly saccharine and cliche name. It's NOT a name given for malice or 'trololol' reasons but instead invokes joy and happiness in the name giver. Honestly I suppose that name being related to the last girl is in fact persistant OHOL lore we created in this world. For some it might be even sweet.
Don't ruin that for those people that enjoy it or are just a participating party in it by being scum griefers.

Amen brother (?sister)

It's just a name guys, get over it. Most shit troll names are not even valid for use.

Your actions define you, not your name.

#12 2019-07-03 00:07:25

testo

RodneyC86 wrote:
Amon wrote:

Don't ruin that for those people that enjoy it or are just a participating party in it by being scum griefers.

Amen brother (?sister)

It's just a name guys, get over it. Most shit troll names are not even valid for use.

I agree with you but I still think mass naming babies all the same (and specially those who aren´t yours) is griefing. Steve, Bob and Adolf aren´t bad names. But they are used to troll periodically. Even worst, naming all people the same protects griefers. Don´t be a troll. Trolls are griefers. Killers are not (neccesarily).

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#13 2019-07-03 01:30:28

WomanWizard

testo wrote:

Even worst, naming all people the same protects griefers.

Not anymore. The game no longer supports duplicate names and instead defaults to the next closest one. You can no longer have an entire town full of Bobs, unless those Bobs all have different last names.

I still dislike it when someone names my baby though. I usually have a name picked out for them already and feel slightly cheated when I don't get to use it.

#14 2019-07-03 04:27:37

Villas

But... why? Hahaha I didn’t understand.
Even Twisted had names some of her children “Hope” on his videos, it’s a very popular name.
Generally, “Hope” is the last girl of a town or one of the last girls, if you kill them, people might massive curse you.

I HATE cultists because they always end up killing me or someone else, but the person who got the name is not guilty. Killing a person because someone their name is grieving, the person couldn’t even choose it. Also, you’ll lower your score and you family’s score as well.

#15 2019-07-03 04:33:34

RodneyC86

testo wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:
Amon wrote:

Amen brother (?sister)

I agree with you but I still think mass naming babies all the same (and specially those who aren´t yours) is griefing. Steve, Bob and Adolf aren´t bad names. But they are used to troll periodically. Even worst, naming all people the same protects griefers. Don´t be a troll. Trolls are griefers. Killers are not (neccesarily).

What is the origin of this Steve and Bob hate though? Adolf I can understand - and honestly it's in poor taste to name someone Adolf since ww2 vets still exist.

But why steve? And Bob? I think Steve is a stereotypical name of an asshole? And Bob and an obese middle aged man who probably drinks too much and probably drives a pickup? Lol

#16 2019-07-03 05:07:58

SomeDude

Villas wrote:

But the person who got the name is not guilty. | Also, you’ll lower your score and your family’s score as well.

I will think about that first part, and I don't give a crap about fitness too much as I have a easy time surviving even with a low hunger due to yum. I just don't maximize my score much. I am a bit selfish on the lowering other peoples score though I admit.

_____           _____
    __                 __
  /     \             /     \ 
  |  |  |            |  |   |
  \___/            \___/

/______\

(I spent like 2-3 minutes on that^)

#17 2019-07-03 07:21:28

Amon

The name cults are gone thanks to that update. And I personally have no isue with common normal names.
However people should know that certain ok sounding names are of lewd sources, I will tell you this: Nobody named their girl 'Vahn' because they like the name Vahn.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#18 2019-07-03 09:18:38

CatX

It never ceases to amaze me how many lame excuses griefers have for killing other characters.
"It's not my fault that I'm griefing, it's their fault."
What a spineless attitude.

#19 2019-07-03 10:21:52

SomeDude

CatX wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how many lame excuses griefers have for killing other characters.

Not using it as a excuse, just saying that I will. I know its selfish and other junk, I just really don't care.

(Insert face here)

#20 2019-07-03 10:38:07

RodneyC86

SomeDude wrote:
CatX wrote:

Not using it as a excuse, just saying that I will. I know its selfish and other junk, I just really don't care.

(Insert face here)

*Facepalm* wtf is wrong with this people.
Or am I oversensitive of others and this is normal?

#21 2019-07-03 10:53:29

SomeDude

RodneyC86 wrote:

*Facepalm* wtf is wrong with this people. Or am I oversensitive of others and this is normal?

I am not a good player/person ingame, ok back to the depths of youtube

(+)     (+)

(------)

#22 2019-07-03 13:37:37

arkajalka

XD Imo its totally fine to kill for this name. Im a super hard worker in town and almost never grieff, but this name is a thing that triggers me(also people that undo your work when you try to do some off meta things). I don't kill people for it tho i just suicide when i get the name.

Death to all HOPEs

Cure for mosquitoes

REEEEEEEE

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

#23 2019-07-03 13:38:41

arkajalka

Two  things that  you can't counter, your name and mosquitoes.

#24 2019-07-03 14:36:50

HumboldtStoneHoe

naming your children hope is a great way of showing them that they're the village's last resort, a woman capable of doing a bottleneck and turning a humble town into a megacity, it's a beautiful show of this game's culture and yet you resort to stabbing children with that name simply because you don't like it thus stripping them of their constitutional and international and moral right to living in that town simply because of their name (did i mention it's beautiful) stab people who speak up against "hope", name your children "hope" or you may just be a light handed gentleman

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

#25 2019-07-03 16:07:21

Grim_Arbiter

I bet half of you would be disgusted to meet a person named hope IRL now haha. Or if you know a hope you almost associate this game and that name with them now.

I always name the last girl in the village daude, after a last girl I named daude in game that inspired me.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer