One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-06-20 22:57:04

Amon

Re: The poll feature, in progress.

The minority are the people who think that 12 lives are too many.

Also I watched the poll as it went.

This was the chart this morning:
https://www.meta-chart.com/share/untitled-35974

This is the chart right now:
https://www.meta-chart.com/share/untitled-35990

Interesting on the jump on less lives is better. But honestly I expected the % to be relatively the same once they set in.

Last edited by Amon (2019-06-20 23:00:58)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#27 2019-06-20 23:23:43

RodneyC86

Amon wrote:

The minority are the people who think that 12 lives are too many.

Also I watched the poll as it went.

This was the chart this morning:
https://www.meta-chart.com/share/untitled-35974

This is the chart right now:
https://www.meta-chart.com/share/untitled-35990

Interesting on the jump on less lives is better. But honestly I expected the % to be relatively the same once they set in.

I think the late jump may be because players who answer this late into the poll are not heavy players .

As a player who plays 2 lives every other day ...honestly I might even live with six. But I understand it won't be enough for many

#28 2019-06-20 23:40:28

Amon

Yes, but their votes matter just as much in the end as well since their game experiences are equally ruined by barrages of dead babies and runners.
When we were looking into the amounts of dies, we've noticed that only a very small fraction of people were responsible for the majority of sid babies.

Art!!

#29 2019-06-20 23:45:22

RodneyC86

Amon wrote:

Yes, but their votes matter just as much in the end as well since their game experiences are equally ruined by barrages of dead babies and runners.
When we were looking into the amounts of dies, we've noticed that only a very small fraction of people were responsible for the majority of sid babies.

I never said they don't matter . Course they do. And yes, I'm so extra glad we have 75 percent less SIDs. Previously I pretty much assume a child will SID on me, it was broken as hell. Now we have actually normal looking family trees again. Think I saw an early gen tree earlier where the 4th gen kids, 90 percent of then made it to elder age

It has been increasing again since the uplimit to 18.

And Yes, a minority (top 50 I think) caused half the SIDs or something.

#30 2019-06-20 23:47:53

Tarr
Banned

Amon wrote:

Yes, and part of the problem was that the /skip function didn't actually work. When I looked into one mother she had the same three people be 15 of her babies with one person specifically being back to back born to her. When doing my Eve testing I hit up the same mom three times in four /dies which is absolutely terrible luck on both are parts. So part of the rampant /die issue was compounded by players being constantly reborn to the same mother due to the skip feature of /die not working along with moms having their cooldowns reset instantly which means a baby could kill itself and get the same exact mother which means you likely would use the /die command again.

While I understand people don't want 1000 /die babies (because lets face it who does?) we didn't get to see a working skip feature + /die command work together to try to cut down on the rampant deaths.

fug it’s Tarr.

#31 2019-06-20 23:57:38

Amon

Yes, The past few weeks when various different solutions from too many eves to too many babies were juggled around, to the removal of the cooldown, we've ended up with some very misfortunate combinations akin to drinking alcohol while eating medication. I don't think most players are even aware at what states those features currently are.

Also sorry Rodney, the last part of your statement had a whiff of it, I shouldn't have assumed the meaning behind.

Last edited by Amon (2019-06-20 23:58:30)

Art!!

#32 2019-06-21 00:41:51

futurebird

I'm curious if most of the people who don't feel like they have enough lives are new players who die young more often, long time players who don't die at an old age mostly, and if this is just the "anxiety" I wrote about in another thread. A substantial minority of players don't feel like they have enough lives. Would be very valuable to send a survey to ONLY a sample of those players (say 60) and ask for an open-ended reason why? I've been guessing the reasons but I don't really know.

Is it that they want to Eve?
Is it that they are still learning?
Is it that a number that always goes down makes them anxious (might not be a bad thing)?
etc.

60 open ended surveys with an option to "skip" should produce 20-40 responses, many will be short, but there might be something we have never once discussed in this forum.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#33 2019-06-21 09:48:01

Amon

Art!!

#34 2019-06-21 11:50:03

JonySky
Website

Life is still very cheap in OHOL
that's why we have so many murders and / die

it has been reduced and improved with the last update, but it is still excessive

It has to be reduced enough so that ..., at least 75% of our children do not want to kill themselves

#35 2019-06-21 15:13:53

BladeWoods

I got the poll served to me when my number of lives was still over 18. So, the whole poll seems a little silly when it's a poll about the life limit being given to people who still haven't exhausted their bonus lives yet and thus haven't experienced the life limit yet.

Last edited by BladeWoods (2019-06-21 15:14:07)

Board footer