One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-16 20:12:52

HimitsuGato

Times are changing...

Deepest root: Eve Boots 287 deep Died 13 months ago
I don't know much about the state of the game at this point. I think I've seen things like how milkweed used to be infinite if you picked it just right? You could live off of only carrots?

2nd place: Eve Sage II 133 deep Died 7 months ago
This was the state of the game when I started obsessing over the wiki for the game, but before I bought it. Food had complex balancing in place, water was near-infinite with the right biome. No need for clothes because the temperature was perfect at desert edges.

3rd place: Eve Black (Possible GoT fan?) 104 deep Died 4 days ago
Life is 'harder', clothes matter, and water is scarce. But after fixing a mysterious bug wiping all life once a day in the middle of the night, families are finally crossing the 24 hour threshold again. Lines are forced to extend longer and longer as eves are limited and fertility tweaked. Families approach the 100-deep threshold around once a week.

We're coming for you, Boots.

P.S. Soup gang rise up.

#2 2019-06-16 21:17:20

arkajalka

Re: Times are changing...

Main problem that we are not hitting the huge lineages seems to be the rng on having girls in my eyes. I've had dozens of lifes where i either dont get a girl or all the girls just suicide (eventhough im 15yum and perfect temp). Then the lineage runs out of fertile women and the city dies. Some eve will eventually find it and repopulate. The city seems advanced, but the lineage isnt even long.

Towns nowdayes are larger and more advanced than ever, but the main issue seems to be that people dont want to live in highly advanced town. You simply dont have any goals to achieve. Just sustain what has been build. Also people tend to go out of their minds about sizes (hitler syndrome) when building things and build something too large that is not possible to sustain. It will wither and look bad to eye. So you get the "broken windows theory" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory ).

We would need some kinda purpose on life for the endgame. Cultivation, arts, music, games, something to spend your life to when everything has been done already or all we have is mayhem...

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#3 2019-06-16 21:54:58

HimitsuGato

arkajalka wrote:

We would need some kinda purpose on life for the endgame. Cultivation, arts, music, games, something to spend your life to when everything has been done already or all we have is mayhem...

There is gambling, both dice and cards. Have you even seen a town with radios, now there is a time-consuming endgame activity. As for arts, we have arts and crafts in the ridiculous form of sign making. Plus every late-game town I've been in would benefit from some kind of mass production (compost, baking, carts ect.). Every town could use an extra stone building. I think those people who have no idea what to do in an endgame town just don't know how to keep busy or make their own fun.

It is really frustrating not winning the girl lottery. I had a great life yesterday, got the entire compost situation fixed up from getting sheep, prepared six pots of soup for our tiny town of 7 people. Then I solved the water crisis by building a road to a new well. Lived out my old age getting our last woman to be yummed up enough to finally get us a girl. She had her last child as she was 39, a baby girl. We were so happy we had a feast as a town and showered gifts of furs and clothes upon our baby girl. Her backpack, I gave her had literally 20 years of food in it. Not before she turned 13 did I later find her dead in the berry fields. All that hard work and preparation just to die knowing that the family is going to die. All because we got 4 damn boys in a row before this sweet girl. All my work erased, never to be seen again. Hour of my life completely wasted! If only Jason would balance the 50:50 chance of having a boy or a girl. Just make it 60:40, or guarantee a girl when fertile relatives are low, something please! But I don't want that. Scarcity of success makes the moments in this game that much sweeter. Struggle and failure is just part of life in OHOL, IMO.

#4 2019-06-17 00:06:01

pein

to be fair, boots was fully coordinated and everythign else is random so even if you like your town nocturnal inactivity will kill it and no one jumps in right there to keep it alive

eve black had 4 outposts and lost it's name so the funny part is that people thought is not even a long line

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-06-17 00:20:58

HimitsuGato

I think it's amazing that rando's playing together can even get halfway to Boots then. Plus haven't the adjustments to spawn priority fixed nocturnal inactivity? Even if there are ten players on big server they will be forced to the same few families.

#6 2019-06-17 05:31:55

ollj

lineages are irrelevant, just have eves die of old age and have players not act suicidal when they get born into ruins.

#7 2019-06-17 06:14:32

WalrusesConquer

Weren't those lines the ones people activly tried to break the record? The boots was organised in discord I think

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#8 2019-06-17 12:19:52

Tarr
Banned

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Weren't those lines the ones people activly tried to break the record? The boots was organised in discord I think

Boots were discord, Sage was a twitch streamer lineage.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2019-06-17 15:05:55

Joseph Stalin

thats why when I have awbz on and see that my mom is last fertile or one of very few, if I am boy, I /die

Board footer