Town decay too fast?

Now that we are a bit more spread, 8 hours seems to be too short

and the rubble is quite unusable
stone walls and roads?
well they can show you springs and tarry spots
but the rest of the map wasn't regenerating enough

so basically you could gain a bit of stone by this and eventualyl make roads
but i didn't see it happen a lot
and honestly i don't think i would prefer a ready made building over a fresh start

i guet that food decays, but all the adobe? all the iron and iron tools? doors and all stuff? there were some nice cities lately and apocalipse would have happened if it lasted a bit more, instead we losing bell towers and any sign of civilization ever been there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-06-16 02:53:17

DestinyCall

Re: Town decay too fast?

I'd love it if more signs of civilization remained after the land renewed itself.   Things like steel tools, gathered iron and adobe structures could survive a long time.  It would make finding an old settlement much more useful and exciting if there was something left behind that was still worth keeping.   

What's the point of a road that leads nowhere or empty walls?  It is not enough to encourage you to stick around and try to rebuild.   It is not even enough to loot.

#3 2019-06-16 22:18:18

HimitsuGato

Are the smaller servers doing decay like this too? Wouldn't that make eve-chaining across multiple days impossible?

#4 2019-06-16 22:31:47

Tarr
Banned

HimitsuGato wrote:

Are the smaller servers doing decay like this too? Wouldn't that make eve-chaining across multiple days impossible?

You need 15 people on for the increased decay rate to kick in, or you need 15+ on before it starts checking whether stuff has been seen in eight hours.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2019-06-17 05:39:24

ollj

no. finding ruins (after a server whipe) is easy, once you foind two, you find dozens.

currently all eves spawn on a horizontal line, further and further east.
i once spawned to a dumb eve, just walked west, found a ruin with a horse, anr rode west for 1500m, found a village, toild them that eves spawn east at that distqance now.
aa griefer killed me , made the lame excuse of me being foreign.
his bad lick was that i instantly was reborn in his village, they lacked arrows due to him griefing, and the 2 bears north where already close, so half of them died, and i laughed watching that.

the city survived this well, i spawned in it hours later.
its the 2 cites with as long jungle road between them., "tree"? family?
the notes there read this information
"eves spawneast"
and othert notes about just exploring east and building roads east, and pride of starting a road to see it finished.

the "love" city is big ruins, that i keep riding into many times, but i fail to find any live nearby, and i tried to repopulate it, but dumb players see a ruin and get suicidal, or i just get three boys.

We NOW have a string of ruins from west to east, at least twothousand tiles long, many of them are connected by roads and markings.
the average distance between them is 250 tiles, though that depends on biomes, intelligence,circumstance.

its very eadsy to grab a shovel and a froie to make many single fence-posts from west to east.
this way horses do not get stranded as easily.
you basically buils a pony-express-path, and usually find an old players corpse and horse at one if its stops (or you just steal horses and hide them nearby)

#6 2019-06-17 11:23:40

pein

i mean is not hard to find any but feels bad losing the good ones, i wouldn't mind losing the bad camps

as you said Love town was decent, the yumul town

Tree family lasted very long that's why it had 8 places with people, but if they would have die out, all the info gets lost

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer