One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-12 04:32:54

mensrea

Precious life update causes loss of learning opportunity

Change the donkey town penalties to consider number of trips to donkey town and not only cumulative curse count.

I have been murdering people at a steady rate while playing this game. I almost never do it for fun.

I usually kill as a last resort. An example, I was very old and trying to make one last thing for a diesel pump and I've fired the kiln and the newcomen. Then some clown has a child and stands on the steel. I say move once and also am able to get the corner of a piece of steel and make one. I wanted to make four blanks to complete a set of ten. I got one. I shanked a bitch. Then, I explained why and fell over of old age. When I logged back on I found myself in donkey town.

My first trip to donkey town was a 4 hour one. We don't have access afaik to our total curse counts, so I read up and found out that I must have a significant cumulative total of curses, and more than 8 curses that haven't decayed in a recent period.

I interpret the situation as I regularly receive curses, but not enough to send me to donkey town ever before. On this occasion, I just got a few more than usual.

The curse system is tuned to work in a certain way. Requiring a threshold to send you to donkey town prevents illegitimate curses from sending you. People take it poorly when you attempt to correct them on an issue. It's not the smart people either, because they would either know they are correct and not be mad about the situation, or receive and understand corrective information. So, I expect that I receive curses but the system works as intended, I have never been to donkey town.

However, a four hour first trip to donkey town is pretty harsh punishment, I think. Should cumulative curses be weighed against total playtime? If I receive curses like normal peaceful players and I decide to go on a rampage to send me to donkey town, should I be penalized because I've played the game long enough no matter how peacefully to win a four or five hour trip to donkey town? No, I don't think so.

The precious life update has made it seem possible for me to run out of lives if I die in a few bloodbaths. But, I think with the life count and regeneration rate at current levels and my play style it should be impossible to run out. But I still think people consider it when cursing.

And so my behavior is going to change as follows. I will no longer try to teach stupid people, in particularly ones that are verbally combative. I will lure or stalk them until I believe it is safe for me to kill them. My goal is to minimize collateral curses. Then, depending on the situation, and more likely not, I will commence running away at the murderer's pace without providing a teaching lesson in the form of words. (When typing increases risk).

I am not sure I have adequately described my play style, but as a generally well-behaving player, the way when I engage in violent activity is affected after this precious life update, I think.

#2 2019-06-12 05:54:02

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Precious life update causes loss of learning opportunity

Hmm... slowly getting cursed over time is an interesting case.... will think about that.

#3 2019-06-12 06:07:20

hmrka

Exactly what ive been trying to say. I feel the same way.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#4 2019-06-12 09:58:00

Alec

This is my mobile version's story at Dec 2018.

I'm old, I did many many work, like making deep well, HorseDownCart, NewcomenPump, big Milkweed farm, and stuff.
And town hasn't much tool, so before die, I did forging.
One girl came to forge, and said "I need knife". But I knew, there have three knife, in sheep pen, bakery, and rubber crafting room.
In mobile version, knife is not personal tool, its always put on the ground, If you need, you can use it as you want.
So, I said "It is". But girl didn't move and said same thing again.
And end of my forging, she picked my hammer and make blank blade from hot hoe head.
Intuitively I though, she is griefer. So, I pick up knife from pen and followed her, and killed.(then, I starved)
I did work hard, I believe, hard worker can get trust than young girl.
But next life is in donkeytown.

This is cause, why I left from mobile OHOL for 2 month over.
Japanese mobile player is really bad, OHOL players is seem good to me.
But, maybe curse system has some problem, if happening are there like Mensrea had.

Long time hard working, or Big love for family, is now worthless in front of curse.
How can I get trust, from other one.

Grave won't show same appearance as before dead even if he/she did Hard work and help other very much.
Did you remember name of who is made engine, or farmed great big milkweed farm, or feed you when you were motherless baby?
Dead men tell no tales, but murder grave and grave with knife is tell lot of mislead.

"Break dishes. Because who washing a lot of dishes will break a lot of dishes." by Kumamon's boss Ikuo Kabashima.
But now We scared just number of broken dishes.

Where is trust, where is love, where is honor.

#5 2019-06-12 15:56:24

pein

yeah once i prepped like 10 min to make engine and last 3 min comes a kid lights up the forge then doesn't even make the prepared crucibles, even late to make anything, now when you only got 1-2 parts to be made and assemble that 18 parts after, it's very annoying , ofc the girl who spends thanking an old man for 10 min, and spends her lfie eating berries, is the first to curse others

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2019-06-12 16:33:40

Turnipseed

There are no tokens on CCM wink
Join our discord
https://discord.gg/qbZaq5

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer