One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-10 00:55:31

pein

Wardrobes and dropzones

One thing i do sometimes is running around with a horse getting stuff from A to B
Im pretty good at memorizing stuff locations
I often set up a cistern near a lot of natural soil, or an oven near the rubber trees, get there sulfur, skewer, stone, water
I put fences where i stop a lot or i place kilns or ovens near a smal lbioem where i can stop the horse and biome lock guarantess that i find it there

But is often confusing on how to arrange things

One thing that is highly required is clothing, sometimes 20 people die under a minute, sometimes 10 babies born in a short time

So how do you imagine a place to put clothes?

My idea is that we need a fence in middle so people can stop with the horse and empty it into boxes
Then we need the new slot boxes for shoes and loin cloths

the shirts and packs wont go in slot box so we need normal boxes

Where should it be, how should it look? can we make some meta designs so people know the rules when they find clothes?
it annoys me when i see packs behind trees, but even if i see shoes unused covering a tile
To me, each clothign should go back to the wardrobe zone which is not the kilns not the bakery
Should be closer to ursery, or maybe multiple clothing zones
but also need a dropzone for rabbits or fleece so people don't make duplicate fur clothes and make hats or shoes when needed
maybe some way to count how many packs you got?
or total furs? like you can count on how many rabbits you had maybe
or just run around city and count the packs?
if some decayed still bring it back to see that it's not gone just getting broken

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-06-10 08:52:35

kategriss
Website

Re: Wardrobes and dropzones

I try to make one or two boxes near the fire with clothes and backpacks full of shoes and loin clothes. Not ideal but that the best I can think of right now...

#3 2019-06-10 10:38:43

Sukallinen

My standard has been: ride inside nursery THEN bakery, tell I keep bringing furries (or bunnies, eh) left of nursery. Ride out fast before needy Baker says "bring here" - no I do not bring because I do not skin, I drop flint(s) near.

Also hints (not to pein ofc, feel free to correct me):
-"wise girl always has a bowl and sharp stone in backpack"
-now more than ever is time to always bring new baskets during furryhunt !
-bring further clay since you're going usually far, and now empty bowls are so rare I often make and bake 6 or 9 while waiting my horsecart to be stolen... Also griefers won't get to them easily when I drop a pile to nursery (kid takes bowl to pick berries is common first step). Again, closer clay deposits can be dealt with people walking so why deplete them ? Let town live two hours longer...

ty pein
(why west ? because Diablo was always east... it's easy to remember, always west. Also I say left b/c newbie moms, though kids hear it too)
(why do I use odd expressions like when I am a man and telling ingame "wise girl..." ? Because ppl remember it better when one says bit odd way, same with that furries thing)

Last edited by Sukallinen (2019-06-10 10:41:19)

#4 2019-06-10 12:48:55

pein

i was cosplaying pirate the other day

wanted her to cut me boards, told her "shiver me timber", she laughed so hard, and introduced me to her girl as a pirate

while i was going to pluder some bounty, i seen one of her girl go away and never came back
was gen 62 on an eve camp
people seem to want just difference, not a tech level

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer