One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-06-02 21:41:47

Spoonwood

Re: Community Crucible Modded Server

I like it.

In terms of the meta, if you don't set up close enough to a swamp, you might have to run for a bit to get up a steel file blank, and without that your progress will get held back by lack of a cart (buckets for water or other resources don't seem pressing... so far). 

I think Stylin has good questions and a good argument.  Though, and I didn't play during this time period, I heard that people wouldn't advance much technologically when bananas could respawn in a jungle.  Though maybe they liked that better, since it seemed more optional to develop technologically?

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-06-03 05:11:08)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#27 2019-06-02 22:00:42

kittykatthegreat

I thought i did do it the same way, but its not seeming to work. I tried to use the awbz mod

#28 2019-06-02 22:24:12

Stylingirl

kittykatthegreat wrote:

I thought i did do it the same way, but its not seeming to work. I tried to use the awbz mod

Hop on the discord so others can help troubleshoot your problems, make sure you aren’t downloading v10.

#29 2019-06-02 22:25:05

Spoonwood

kittykatthegreat wrote:

I copied the Hetuw mod from the OHOL folder to the folder where the mod lies, and it worked.  The Hetuw mod has many features, including a zoom feature: https://github.com/hetuw/OneLife/releases

Danish Clinch.

#30 2019-06-03 00:14:05

wondible

kittykatthegreat wrote:

How do you add the zoom mod to this? Or is there a lot to it?

At the moment, you have to build the mod with a matching client version (11 atm) At least that got my mod working.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#31 2019-06-03 00:53:26

Turnipseed

Spoonwood wrote:

I like it.

In terms of the meta, if you don't set up close enough to a swamp, you might have to run for a bit to get up a steel file blank, and without that you're progress will get held back by lack of a cart (buckets for water or other resources don't seem pressing... so far). 

I think Stylin has good questions and a good argument.  Though, and I didn't play during this time period, I heard that people wouldn't advance much technologically when bananas could respawn in a jungle.  Though maybe they liked that better, since it seemed more optional to develop technologically?

Great point we will have to add a source of grease in other biomes

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#32 2019-06-03 02:00:08

kittykatthegreat

Thank you spoonwood that mod worked!
wondible, I think that was the problem with the awbz mod, it said I had the wrong version (I used the latest v235)

#33 2019-06-03 02:59:28

pedrito confesiones

WOW HYPE

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#34 2019-06-03 04:49:31

MultiLife

Sounds great! I'll be visiting at some point.
Good job you peeps. smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#35 2019-06-03 05:07:56

Spoonwood

I mined a vein and only got one calamine.

Danish Clinch.

#36 2019-06-03 06:44:51

DestinyCall

Just played three lives in a row on Community Crucible.   Lots of fun.    I really like all the new recipes and crafting options.   The extra large biomes are good.   They really FEEL like a complete biome where you could live your whole life.    Moving from one biome to another one is no simple matter.   I want to try living in each one.

#37 2019-06-03 07:28:21

RodneyC86

I hope this takes off and we have multiple towns in different biomes. Only thing though, how to easily pass down knowledge of different towns?

Seems like food trading is a very valid job if this server takes off

#38 2019-06-03 13:10:40

lychee

Maybe add the ability to make a directional signpost.

Or dirt roads.

#39 2019-06-03 14:40:37

DestinyCall

Cheaper roads would be excellent.   I've been using branches to mark paths between useful locations.

#40 2019-06-03 15:04:56

RodneyC86

DestinyCall wrote:

Cheaper roads would be excellent.   I've been using branches to mark paths between useful locations.

Yeah flat rocks are not unlimited
Can't we get gravel or some other things? Or use pebbled roads?

#41 2019-06-03 16:08:18

DestinyCall

The flat rocks are at least much more common.   And they are one possible outcome from ore veins, so you can get a small supply from that.   But building extensive road networks requires a huge amount of flat rocks.

Some kind of dirt or gravel path for village organization and planning would be really really nice.  And some kind of semi-renewable source for fast-road material would be a cool bonus.   Rock quarry in the badlands?

#42 2019-06-03 17:54:51

Turnipseed

RodneyC86 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Yeah flat rocks are not unlimited
Can't we get gravel or some other things? Or use pebbled roads?

If you join the discord we have voting and a suggestions tab smile

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#43 2019-06-03 17:59:53

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

I find it hard to imagine enough flatties (that's what I call flat rocks).

Danish Clinch.

#44 2019-06-03 18:20:33

Tarr
Banned

Oil rig is -483, 428 of the town with the plane/newcomen stuff.

It's done at this point so I'm going to start prepping the landing strip later so it's easier to transport oil between the two spots.

fug it’s Tarr.

#45 2019-06-03 19:21:06

DestinyCall

I've started a road that leads from the airplane town over to the desert biome to the east.   Should make it easier to get oil and also makes it much easier to locate the town if you are born elsewhere in the green biome.  Just head east until you reach prairie/desert/jungle, then follow the border until you find the road leading away from the desert.    Fair warning .. it is a very long road.   It follows a fault line and it is marked by branches so if you happen to come across it while exploring you can use it to help get your bearings.  I'll be working on filling it in with flat rocks as time allows.

#46 2019-06-03 20:19:06

sigmen4020

I was on there the first time today. Didn't do that much since I was getting used to hetuw mod (since awbz mod doesn't seem to be compatible), and I want to note on bug I noticed. I planted a bunch of milkweed (the plant was called milkweed sprout as well when it was growing) and to my dismay it all transformed into nettles.

The main issue with this is that there is a bug where you can't combine nettle stalks into thread.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#47 2019-06-03 21:12:22

DestinyCall

Interesting.   I haven't tried planting milkweed yet because wild milkweed is so plentiful.    With all the new plants and items added there are many transitions that need to be checked.   Fortunately, the team is active and working on bug fixes.

#48 2019-06-04 17:45:27

Jk Howling

Enjoying it so far tbh! There's a lot of small additions that just make things feel so good. Things like making baskets/adobe from pine needles, various new food sources/crops/recipes.. and I absolutely love that [nearly] every biome is viable for survival.

Made a little camp on a savannah/swamp border and had a blast finding new crops to plant and making stew out of pork and turnip greens!

-Has ascended to better games-

#49 2019-06-04 18:35:07

jasonrohrer
Administrator

This seems really cool!

I'm having a problem with the Linux build.... won't run on 32 bit linux (of course), but when I try on 64-bit, my libc is the wrong version or something.  This is a big problem on Linux in general, which is why I always ship source bundles as well (and I have no idea how linux Steam works around this).

Have you guys thought about making a source bundle for this client?

Anyway, booting into Windows now.

Also, I appreciate how you guys are working within the bounds of the new "noCopyright" trademark thing by limiting this to customers of the original game.  It's also wide-open for you guys to offer a paid "upsell" to existing customers, through Steam or otherwise.  Kinda like a third-party DLC, I guess.  That's the kind of thing I wanted to explicitly allow---I think that locking this stuff down tightly is foolish, even from a financial perspective.

#50 2019-06-04 18:45:49

Stylingirl

jasonrohrer wrote:

This seems really cool!

I'm having a problem with the Linux build.... won't run on 32 bit linux (of course), but when I try on 64-bit, my libc is the wrong version or something.  This is a big problem on Linux in general, which is why I always ship source bundles as well (and I have no idea how linux Steam works around this).

Have you guys thought about making a source bundle for this client?

Anyway, booting into Windows now.

Also, I appreciate how you guys are working within the bounds of the new "noCopyright" trademark thing by limiting this to customers of the original game.  It's also wide-open for you guys to offer a paid "upsell" to existing customers, through Steam or otherwise.  Kinda like a third-party DLC, I guess.  That's the kind of thing I wanted to explicitly allow---I think that locking this stuff down tightly is foolish, even from a financial perspective.

Make sure you aren't downloading v10, that version is broken so we had to patch it. A few other items and stuff are also messed up lol so we're working on fixing them.

Board footer