One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-02 12:37:06

Dodge

Saturday 1 June Deaths and eve's number.

This saturday there was 108 Eve's

SIDS: 6700
Hunger + Wildlife: 4039
Murder: 308
Old Age: 595

Sans-titre.png

#2 2019-06-02 13:29:48

Spoonwood

Re: Saturday 1 June Deaths and eve's number.

I certainly don't understand why SIDs are this high now.  But, of course, I think and feel differently from many other people.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-06-02 13:33:11

WalrusesConquer

I think it's high because some people aren't aware of the change yet. Had so many SIDs babies, I think it was just the same guy..9 babies died in a short qmount of time. Since the bones decay, and we have barely any cool down, it's not such a pain in the butt for mothers anymore imo

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#4 2019-06-02 14:20:40

Dodge

WalrusesConquer wrote:

I think it's high because some people aren't aware of the change yet. Had so many SIDs babies, I think it was just the same guy..9 babies died in a short qmount of time. Since the bones decay, and we have barely any cool down, it's not such a pain in the butt for mothers anymore imo

It kinda gives off an impression that lives are worthless in the game.

There should be a limit on SID's imo, maybe having 3 lives per hour could make everyone think more and evaluate if they really want to /die or suicide.

But yeah it's probably the same people doing it either to try to be Eve or maybe they even have some script that automatically does the /die command

#5 2019-06-02 14:21:45

Tarr
Banned

Murder rates drop when Eves aren't constantly attacking cities.

Who would have thought?

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2019-06-02 14:27:10

Kamor

Spoonwood wrote:

I certainly don't understand why SIDs are this high now.  But, of course, I think and feel differently from many other people.

Since i played SIDs were mostly 50%. This is my "view" from looking family trees. Looks like SIDs going up a from 50% to 60%. I think some players didn't know the new eve situation or they know it and try to find a start near eve anyway. As i said on other place here mid and lategame sucks (tecks, resources), so it looks like most player search for places near eve, with resources or of course reborn situations in same family or towns.

This is interesting topic here, showing a lot of player likes playing more the early tecks.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6789

This grafik is a sign, that 60% don´t like there starting positions, but it´s not important. The Vision is more important. Eat what is cooked.

Last edited by Kamor (2019-06-02 14:40:51)

#7 2019-06-02 14:36:58

thundersen

U0yZZGI.png

Doesn't look like SIDs are decreasing since the update. And I think they won't without another change, because there's literally no downside to doing it. You can shop for a life that fits you as long as you want.

EDIT: OK. BBCode works. Copied a broken Imgur link...

Last edited by thundersen (2019-06-02 14:40:40)

#8 2019-06-02 14:39:05

Dodge

thundersen wrote:

https://imgur.com/U0yZZGI

Doesn't look like SIDs are decreasing since the update. And I think they won't without another change, because there's literally no downside to doing it. You can shop for a life that fits you as long as you want.

EDIT: Woot? How do I embed Imgur images again? BBCode doesn't seem to work. Either that or I'm dumb.

I use https://imgbb.com/ they give you a working bbcode.

#9 2019-06-02 16:03:28

pein

you can get back sometimes
you can see all fams
it isn't like you go to skip list, sometimes you go back twice same place

i tried to go back to a fam and had to wait til the only girl was off cooldown so there might be 1-2 females both just had a kid so you don't even born there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2019-06-02 16:15:15

Spoonwood

Tarr wrote:

Murder rates drop when Eves aren't constantly attacking cities.

Who would have thought?

I'd have to check the trash to see if griefer Eves was ever suggested as a problem by anyone.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#11 2019-06-02 18:02:03

Keyin

I'm guilty of using /die a lot. I haven't played male since the /die update because the area ban it's gone now. Also trying to get into one of the smaller families can require cycling through the biggest families a few times. I'd say my own personal death pie chart is like 70%SIDS 26% hunger/wildlife 3% murder 1% old age.

Last edited by Keyin (2019-06-02 18:29:13)

#12 2019-06-02 18:23:06

BerrypickerAF

thundersen wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/U0yZZGI.png

What's up with these spikes of old age meeting with dips of SIDs? Would love to know what happened there.

#13 2019-06-02 18:32:23

Keyin

BerrypickerAF wrote:
thundersen wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/U0yZZGI.png

What's up with these spikes of old age meeting with dips of SIDs? Would love to know what happened there.

A bunch of old people die at once, decreasing the % share of deaths SIDs have. Also, the people who die of old age are getting reborn and use /die less than the average player.

#14 2019-06-02 19:13:24

Twisted

Does SID serve any purpose now that all deaths reset the cooldown? As I understood it the main reason for the /SID command was to reset the mother's birth cooldown.

I feel like SID should just be removed. Right now it's too easy to 'shop' for a life. If SID were to be removed you could still do it but it would be more annoying, which means people would do it less.

#15 2019-06-02 19:15:43

Keyin

Twisted wrote:

Does SID serve any purpose now that all deaths reset the cooldown? As I understood it the main reason for the /SID command was to reset the mother's birth cooldown.

I feel like SID should just be removed. Right now it's too easy to 'shop' for a life. If SID were to be removed you could still do it but it would be more annoying, which means people would do it less.

Yes, but then you'd get runner babies again, and the 30 seconds it takes for them to starve is usually more fertility gone than if they just /die

#16 2019-06-02 19:19:45

Dodge

Twisted wrote:

I agree i prefer runner babies a lot more compared to SID's BUT SID's have the advantage of giving an actual number on people who suicide on purpose so you can track the number as opposed to runner babies where you're not sure why they died (suicide, abandonment, starvation etc)

Having this number is important to track, if people suicide less it means something is going in the right direction in terms of game development.

But maybe there should be a limit like a timer or something because with these high numbers i suspect some people even have a script that does the /die command but i could be wrong maybe it's just shopping for another life.

#17 2019-06-02 21:23:48

MultiLife

Yeah I like the idea of seeing if we can reduce SID babies through game changes.
I don't want to remove it personally. I think the absolute best scenario is that we get the game to a level where people are glad to be born in most situations because they always get something they like or a chance to play how they like. Many expressed their wish to Eve because of the surname; if they got an easy way to start far away and with a new surname, pseudo-Eves would be way better off than they are now.

I think it's fine that people reroll really, it's a game and I want people to enjoy their hour the way they enjoy it, I'm glad they are even around (as the other outcome is them not playing at all).
Lives are cheap and shopping happens, sure, but remember there are lots of people who do not /die and reroll. It's just some very active players who bump the numbers sky high. And probably lots of people not knowing about the newest Eve changes.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer