One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-29 16:24:52

Keyin

20th Cousins

So, I spawned into the southern Blondin town and went north to a smaller Blondin town where I met my 19th cousins, and some of their kids. Their kids showed as no-relation.

I wanted to know if we could use swords on each other. I didn't want to kill my 20th cousins, so I decided to wait until one of them was grown. I asked him to try to use sword on me and he agreed. However, before he was old enough to use a sword my crazy 19th cousin stabbed me with a knife because she wanted to die, so I never found out the answer.

So, has anyone else met a 20+ cousin? Can you use sword on them? Or do they count as related despite showing no-relation?

#2 2019-05-29 16:41:31

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: 20th Cousins

At some point, the lineage info sent to the client gets cut off.  20 may be it, but I'd have to look at the code.

However, the server remembers the lineageEve forever, so the server will see you as related.

This could be fixed at some point by updating the protocol to include the eveID always, even if the main part of the list is cut off at 20.  So the client would be able to show the person as a distant relative in that case.

Please make a OneLife github issue about this.

#3 2019-05-29 18:31:01

Keyin

Now that I think about it, the child of my 19th cousin would be my 19th cousin once removed... if I am not mistaken. I am not sure. I haven't met anyone tagged with anything more unrelated than 19th cousins though. I will make a github issue on it.

#4 2019-05-31 00:39:04

pein

actually that family was mixed a bit
mom? or grandma not sure, was an Eve
so they hunted us
i was raised but bit later a grandma ran at me chasing, i almost died so i couldn't pay attention to names and such
i was named and became Blondin

i went to middle city now known as Nomin Middle City (has a locked sign, same as north town)
my daughter had twins then quads and we were same color whites, named the same Blondin but we were unrelated

oh on a side note i got several disconnects when people are killed with swords and i born in

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer