One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-30 13:33:52

pein

Idea: springy family gate

The gates arent working that well, i rarely see people added to it, and hard to find the person who owns it
and generally they have a purpose: personal gate, while lot of us refuses to use it it still can be ok, i did small smaces to contin my horse or some resources i need later
But to work better with cities we really need a version which works automatically for the whole family
Generally you would want at least 2 exits from the city and easy to acces
You want to add the whole family? then upgrade it to a big gate, maybe two gates near each other and some extra ropes by the maker to allow your entire family to use it, also some stone or adobe to make it sturdier and look better. As long as family member live, and someone spends a bit of time to fix it, should work, once everyone dead, the gate would fall

the springs on doors were a good idea, it's tedious to open and close each time you go in and out and it will only work when the 3 year old kid wont forget to close it, same goes for gates

i figured out a one way exit system, but it's already a lifetime of work to make a few doors, springs, set them up and put in place, with no way on removing fences, even by the maker, it's just too long of a setup for such a system, sure we can make it mainstream and get made over time but it still lacks the low price to make it fast and easy
so springy gates, which would close themselves in a few seconds, would allow to make a one way exit, so leaving town would be easy, coming back trough main gate would be a bit harder
right now you need to ask someone to close gates behidn you or do it yourself or you only got walls all sides and a spring 20 tiles away gets to a distance of 80+ which is really bad
the more gates you got, the more chance one of them is left open, so isn't solving the issue

a springy gate would solve this problem, you would be sure that every gate is closed all times and if you repaired all the walls, there is a very low chance that someone sneaks in, and especially that if the gate is closed, wont get out

fmaily gate just makes sense, instead of adding everyone one by one, add everyone from family, one family only
if you want other fmaily to own it, that should be impossible, sure they could set up their own, and you could allow or prevent it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer