One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-30 01:29:52

pein

Re: Only 97 Eves today (1% instead of the old 10% of lives)

blondin and bee. and i suicided like 10x and got to some blondin outside camp which was ok

also i was a kid of an eve and we took over the middle blondin campcause my daughter had twins and quads so if they die out we still had their name

also some towns got huge population
blondins had a crap south town, a decent middle town, but it got so many projects unfinished, i kinda agree if people didn't wanted to stay there
the north blondin town looked okay

also there was a camp with most tools, english
and then one lost girl tried to pseudo eve
i was one of her first kids, we couldn't put stone on the spring so we lost like 20 min when 4 of them tried to move i led them to a decent spot
eventually made most tools but had no shafts to make adze pick and stanchion kit
i think the last surviving girl even ate the goose i shot so that part died out

i enjoy new starts and i hate huge pop of 40 girls
towns would need a limit in areas of like 15-20 people max
that would mean that on a 120 pop you get 6 camps or outposts

the other bee town was a big crap pile with all those bushes, i tried to trim down some so kilns got space
and make a road in middle, i got someone who fixed all the badly placed bushes i stab her twice and she got healed twice and i got cursed for it so i hated that city and quit on it multiple times

pseudo eve is ok
but yeah i guess people want their own name too
and i don't think anyone enjoys to look the same as the other 25 cousins

i seen people who asked to be killed so finally not to be born back

lot of towns are beyond repair or the people are scumbags so we need some population limit and maybe pseudo eves if go away for a certain distance, they could give up on their name

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#27 2019-05-30 12:02:07

Post apocalyptic
Banned

But families are get less cuz there are no eves

I really love this baby on my display

#28 2019-05-30 16:47:23

DestinyCall

Post apocalyptic wrote:

But families are get less cuz there are no eves

Yes.  I think that is the whole point of limiting the number of Eves.     Too many Eves = too many families.

When we have 1000 eves each day, we have a lot of weak lines.   None of them have enough people to stay alive long-term.   So they eventually die out from lack of girls.   Fewer Eves means fewer families.   Which means each family gets more people and can continue for a longer time without dying out from lack of people.

This is a good thing.    Give it some time to sort itself out - we shouldn't have dozens of towns on the brink of death.   We should have a few strong towns that actually have a chance to develop and remain in existence for a few days real-time.

#29 2019-05-30 18:42:36

futurebird

DestinyCall wrote:

When we have 1000 eves each day, we have a lot of weak lines.   None of them have enough people to stay alive long-term.   So they eventually die out from lack of girls.   Fewer Eves means fewer families.   Which means each family gets more people and can continue for a longer time without dying out from lack of people.

Agree. Towns and lines are much more healthy now and frankly I've been having some of the best games in weeks. Really making progress, even seeing how a town changes over time a little.

I do think we should aim for more than 2 families though. During peak hours maybe 6 or 7 over night only 2-3 might be around.

For once it feels like we are really building something that might last.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer