One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-23 14:52:39

Buggy

Building Planning and project area tools

With all this talk about buildings it seems like easy ways to plan a building is something that keeps being brought up.
We need something in game to help with planning out buildings. Something like stakes that allows you to mark out the entire layout of a building beforehand. It is difficult in game to explain how you want to build something and people could help more easily if they know how you want the building to look. We can already do this in game with enough stakes but I never see anyone using them for this. Ideally a building planning tool would be cheap and really easy to remove like chalk lines on the ground.

Another idea that could help with this is project areas. An area you can claim maybe with chalk that no one else can put items down in. ideally this could be instantly broken by anyone, the area boundary wouldn't take up any space, and it would not block movement. Just a way in game you could quickly mark out one small area (max one 8*8) to say hey I am working here please leave the tools etc. and don't clutter the area.

#2 2019-05-23 15:11:59

Buggy

Re: Building Planning and project area tools

There would be a limit to one claimed area per person and the area would become unclaimed if you died. This way you could also use your one claimed area to set down things you wanted to use like rabbits so people would know if those are rabbits you wanted to use for yourself.

Sometimes I wonder how long some unskinned rabbits have been sitting on the edge of town, like will I be taking someones backpack materials, or did my great great great  granduncle catch them for the town

#3 2019-05-23 15:31:06

Guppy

Maybe some blueprint that you can use to mark tiles ( maybe they'd be slightly blue ) and it vanishes after one minute

#4 2019-05-23 16:05:15

futurebird

I'm worried about more clutter. And you can kind-of use steaks this way. Make a few extra and put down your corners. Make your doors before walls and place those too. People should get the right idea....

Also, good building helpers just bring materials and don't place items. Let the person doing the planning do that. Hope that they are sensible.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer