One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-20 17:37:20

Solbusaur

Papa Joel, I got quite the story

Thanks for the plot and the horse, because after you died, it became very useful.
While you were alive, there was this person working in the forge; Jason VII. He seemed very new to forging, confusing kiln firings with forge firings, and forgetting to use tongs on crucibles, etc.
I didn't think much of it at the time, but later on, after your death, I was working on your gravestone. As I left the city's crumbling walls, I wandered around in search of some saplings to farm. I found one, but I continued exploring to see if I could find more, so I wouldn't have to wait for the others to grow. On my search, there was Jason VII, in the middle of nowhere.
He had made a blade blank and a shaft, and took them into the forest so no-one would catch him. Obvious red flag. Except since he was new, he was trying to combine the blade blank with a tied short shaft. So My expression went from 'Oshit' to 'Haha, how amusing'. I took his shaft and asked:
"Whatta you doin'?"
"Trying to make knife"
Again, I made him play cat and mouse with me and his knife pieces, carrying them a few tiles and dropping them.
Clearly this pissed him off, because after I returned to the plot you lent me, he came running at me with a bow and arrow and tried to shoot me! His shot missed, I was forced to equip my knife and take him out before he hurt anyone. It was us going in circles around town, I thought he would have me because of the bow and arrow buff, except I was just out of range. My daughters, Promise and Secret, caught on very quickly, chasing me with some pies just in case.
At one point, he missed with his arrow, and I swapped my knife for it so he was unarmed. Clearly though, he took the opportunity to steal my knife, I wasn't quick enough to grab both. Now we had swapped weapons.
After a bit more chasing, and onlookers retreating away from the fighting, I made it to the plot and just barely managed to lock him out. I managed to catch my breath, with the rest of the town approaching and inquiring about the whole ordeal. As I talked, Jason was just hammering at the door with his knife wildly. I knew he could kill me so easily in here, cornering me inside the cramped space against my horse... of course! My horse!

Taking the bow and arrow into the cart, I charged out of the gate, and over Jason. For all I knew though, Jason could've easily targeted one of my lovely daughters instead. I left that area for a good while, gathering my wits, and circling the town to catch glimpses of where Jason could be, before returning with my loaded bow. I left my horse cart somewhere within the city walls, in search for him.

Time passed. No sight of him. I began to lose my grip, my arms growing weak from age. With time passing by, I became paranoid.
And then, I could hear galloping. It was my horse. Jason had taken her, closing the gap between us so he could lunge off with his knife poised. It became a stand-off, for me it was a fast moving target. I drew back my bow and shot him off the horse, finally it was over. He died with his curses and cries for help, none of them getting through to anyone.

Anyway, after that, I finished your grave and made it say daughter. Oops
Thank you papa

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-05-20 18:21:53

pein

Re: Papa Joel, I got quite the story

you welcome Francisca

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer