One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-05-19 10:38:48

MultiLife

Re: Should the sword kill everyone from other families or only foreigners?

futurebird wrote:

Just because I trust outsiders less than my own family doesn't mean I care about my family. I think the language update gives you reasons to care about your family. It's a really neat update and it makes me so sad that it's being overshadowed by rather contrived sword.

Again: I don't understand why I can't use the sword on anyone? The reason seems to be so that one person will come and kill another family (lets face it these people would have killed their own families if they could, but the magic of the sword keeps them from doing it) But-- victory, I guess, we have conflict between families! (but only because that's the only way the sword can be used.)

The sword creates an incentive for people who want to kill a bunch of players to go further to find those players to kill. It didn't make them care so much about their family that they were willing to kill for them.

^
"It didn't make them care so much about their family that they were willing to kill for them."

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#77 2019-05-19 10:54:21

futurebird

Re: Should the sword kill everyone from other families or only foreigners?

DestinyCall wrote:

If the meta actually shifts to "kill all your neighbors" then it will not matter that Eves are spawning closer together.   You won't be meeting new people to talk or trade or raise your babies around them to learn their languages.   You will be killing off anyone who builds too close to your "base"

The moment towns become "bases" I think this game has lost it's thread-- that spark of uniqueness that makes it not like every other resource war game...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer