One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-18 13:18:19

Solbusaur

Area-restricted cursing, rather than lineage-restricted cursing

Now that Eves spawn closer together, they can find some towns after about 10-30 mins of searching. In that time, there's a chance they would've armed themselves somehow, so they can start messing with a town if they come across one.

In a situation where a wall isn't fixed or there isn't a wall at all, an Eve can start to cause havoc in a town and slaughter a lot of people. A big problem is that they are the only one from their lineage, and so they won't face the repercussions of genocide. They can do this without being cursed and then start again in their next life as Eve, or just a wandering nomad with a sword. Just repeat this same method over and over without being cursed.

The lineage-only cursing is probably one of the only things in this game I hate. It was put in place to prevent stream sniping (Which I appreciate), but you also mentioned an area-only cursing solution instead. I really liked this idea. If this was the case, people will be able to punish Eves for just waltzing into town and committing mass murder over and over, and it would be very hard for someone to stream snipe an individual this way (Having to find the same town, then having to wait 2 hours after cursing them, plus the inhabitants wouldn't know who they cursed because of the language barrier, therefore couldn't join in on the curse chain). Also, it punishes singular players for doing unorganised raids. They attack on their own, there's only one guy to curse

The only big problem I see with even this, is that since Eves can keep coming back to towns to kill, they can sponge up curse scores that could be put to use on griefers within your own lineage. If multiple Eves just kept attacking towns, only a few players will have curses left to use, whilst the Eves remain in Donkey town for a while

Regardless, please make this change, it would be so helpful. Otherwise explain why it would be a bad idea

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-05-18 15:01:35

Joseph Stalin

Re: Area-restricted cursing, rather than lineage-restricted cursing

how would it tell the area where you could curse? I dont want more unneeded magic

#3 2019-05-18 15:03:21

Solbusaur

Joseph Stalin wrote:

how would it tell the area where you could curse? I dont want more unneeded magic

Magic cursing is already in the game, and this feature is needed. This adds no extra magic

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)

#4 2019-05-18 16:00:39

pein

no cursing
git gud

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-05-18 17:59:52

Solbusaur

pein wrote:

no cursing
git gud

sad

#6 2019-05-18 18:10:40

MultiLife

I wouldn't mind if cursing was just a report button which gives a token to the player.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2019-05-18 18:23:55

FeignedSanity

pein wrote:

no cursing
git gud

smile

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

Board footer