One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-18 06:25:04

wondaland

I adopted a murderous eves child.

Let me preface this by saying the stories, conflicts, relationships etc are a big part of why I love this game. This is why my most recent life left me smiling despite the slaughter.

I was named Cutler II in the fourth generation of a family that had settled in what was once known as Ben town (I've been born there four times now so some may know it)

Just as I was about to turn gray, holding my only surviving baby daughter Miracle a crazed Eve Poland arrived wielding a sword and began to murder any woman or child she could find. I had to make a choice run and save my daughter or fight with my own sword and save the rest of the town. I chose to fight.

A few others were now chasing her with swords but she was a bloody fast one. My daughter was stabbed in the berry field, healed and then stabbed again. It was horrible. Eventually someone managed to land that killing blow and Eve Poland was gone but she left something behind. A daughter abandoned in our berry fields, the very same my own daughter had been killed in.

I took this as a sign and decided to protect the girl, naming her adopted (ador) and explaining what her mother had done. The girl was shocked but grateful to be welcomed into our now very small and mostly Male family. She called my son dad and me grandma. I spent my final years teaching her and then her children our language.

On a side note Eve Poland was running around with that sword for quite a while and never starved plus whenever I would get close enough to kill she would disappear and then reappear on the other side of town. Is this suspicious or am I reading too much into it?

Edit: Just saw Adors last words, oh my my heart! http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4498328

Last edited by wondaland (2019-05-18 14:11:55)

#2 2019-05-18 09:29:32

Guppy

Re: I adopted a murderous eves child.

Did Ador understand you? Im still confused about the language update

#3 2019-05-18 09:33:37

WalrusesConquer

If you talk to them enough they can learn yohr language but they have a bit of an accent:
For example if a note says: Do Not Kill
They may pronounce it as
Do Nit Kilt
Understandable, kinda

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#4 2019-05-18 09:59:48

Vexenie

WalrusesConquer wrote:

If you talk to them enough they can learn yohr language but they have a bit of an accent:
They may pronounce it as
Do Nit Kilt
Understandable, kinda

Wait, now you can understand other families after some time?

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#5 2019-05-18 12:29:06

Mushroom

Vexenie wrote:
WalrusesConquer wrote:

They may pronounce it as
Do Nit Kilt
Understandable, kinda

Wait, now you can understand other families after some time?

Yes, you can learn the other family's language, but only before you hit the age of 3. They have to talk next to you so it gives you a chance to remember some of the letter clusters, leaving others as it were. This can lead to some funny accents, like when you hear "I am your mother" in other language a few times you will eventually hear something like "I an yowr madher". They will experiance the same thing when you will start talking later. After you are 3 years old you can't learn more.

In addition, when you have your children later, they keep everything you have learnt and they can learn further, so the accent disappears eventually.

Last edited by Mushroom (2019-05-18 12:42:44)

Dickbutt

Board footer