One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-16 14:11:07

Cox

What do happen with old towns?

Let's say there is no player activity in particular area for few days. What is happening with structures created there?

Do they despawn?
Does enviroment back to natural state?

Im curious if there is any reason to back previously populated areas.

I couldnt find any answers for these questions. Share your knowledge with me.

My english sucks.
JASON PLZ

#2 2019-05-16 14:18:54

CatX

Re: What do happen with old towns?

Hm, I think they despawn after a week or so, but I could be wrong...
I once tried to Eve chain on one of the little used servers, and when I waited too long, my camp was gone.

#3 2019-05-16 16:11:56

DestinyCall

My understanding is that if the objects are not seen by any living player for more than a week, they get wiped when the server updates.   If they have been seen, they stick around.   However, you can sometimes get some strange effects when a town has been abandoned for a long time.   Like half the objects get wiped, but others do not.  Or the fire is still going even though the baskets have all decayed.    Or everything looks perfect, but then as soon as you start walking around, the backpacks fall apart and the carts break.

#4 2019-05-16 16:15:26

Cox

That is nice, if enviroment backs to natural state also (i mean wild onions appear ans so on). It is fully playable place for new Eves. Thanks for answers.

My english sucks.
JASON PLZ

#5 2019-05-17 05:38:04

pein

weirdest was when only doors were standing, and a kiln and the nature overgrown the town
and the checkboard culling, which was most visible for berries, but that was fixed somewhat

yesterday i found a town and was quite weird, like i found a cart which was ok for a while and one which fell apart in 2 min after moving it, and the city had no structures or roads but the farms were standing and one single bucket of water regenerated

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer