War sword

Can someone explain to me how does it work im so confused with it

I really love this baby on my display

#2 2019-05-11 18:15:44

Tarr
Banned

Re: War sword

Works like any other weapon except:

-Can stab repeatedly meaning either you kill someone in four seconds due to stacking injury stagger timers
-Can be put away when bloody/dropped.
-Requires age 12 instead of age 10 (bow) or age 8 (knife.)
-Is only used for killing people outside your family.

It's basically just a griefers toy to stab randoms because ecks dee.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-05-11 18:21:23

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Tarr wrote:

Works like any other weapon except:

-Can stab repeatedly meaning either you kill someone in four seconds due to stacking injury stagger timers
-Can be put away when bloody/dropped.
-Requires age 12 instead of age 10 (bow) or age 8 (knife.)
-Is only used for killing people outside your family.

It's basically just a griefers toy to stab randoms because ecks dee.

Jesus i went to a city where everyone had it it was horrible:S also they spoke a different language did u hear about it?

I really love this baby on my display

#4 2019-05-12 05:48:25

pein

bow is 11 cause jasons kid started archery class at 11 and knife is 8 cause he had a pocket knife at age 8

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-05-12 06:20:10

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Swords have been nerfed to have a 10 second cooldown (can't re-stab while the blade is still bloody).

#6 2019-05-12 07:53:19

Psykout

jasonrohrer wrote:

Swords have been nerfed to have a 10 second cooldown (can't re-stab while the blade is still bloody).

You could nerf them to only being able to be used once per hour and we'd still have something to say. They feel out of place, and this idea that after the planet blows itself up that we'd be right back at it the second we leave the stone age, is really sad. The apocalypse makes sense because it takes coordination, intent, patience and dedication by a small group of people. Swords are just a toy for kids that get tired of their anthills and magnifying glasses.

Adding on to this after some thought. Paranoia of negative behavior feels like it has been on the rise. Twins/Trips/Quads are left to die 90% of the time. Loose knives are widely regarded as asking for trouble, making a bow is suspect. We start to trust each other less, and draw inward. We care less about our family, because of the high chance your bright faced new baby is going to put a knife between your ribs in the next ten to fifteen minutes. These things, these swords, is just gasoline on that fire, and it concerns me.

Seeing this addition, especially since it's for only outsiders, feels at the wrong time, not necessarily on its own a bad idea. I just wish we had something other than death/murder/language that convinced you to make villages close together. The water update could have been perfect for it.... Oil spots are also on a grid and VERY far apart, effort from multiple prospering towns would be needed to access it, but would supply enough oil for all of them for a good amount of time, until they all have to find the next spot to drill. To secure long lasting water source, you would need to travel neighboring towns, learn their language and convince them to join you and their other neighbors to get an oil well going at this spot kind close. Build a road between each other and the oil rig, share resources after the project is done, along those lines. It would definitely add the element of having a reason to need interaction between towns, because both of you have something you need, each other. I would rather spend time talking about positive links between towns than the possibility of negative ones.

Last edited by Psykout (2019-05-12 09:56:31)

#7 2019-05-12 12:28:37

Vexenie

pein wrote:

bow is 11 cause jasons kid started archery class at 11 and knife is 8 cause he had a pocket knife at age 8

ooooOOOOOoooohhhh!!!

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#8 2019-05-12 13:39:03

Tarr
Banned

pein wrote:

https://onetech.info/152-Bow-and-Arrow

Bow and arrow is 10 like I said.

jasonrohrer wrote:

I still find it ridiculous you can carry six swords at a time. Dropping a bloody weapon is still a problem as it enabled someone like pein to rampage a village back when teleporting was a thing. I don't think you should be able to drop them bloody and I sure as hell don't think you should be able to store them in a bp/apron/shorts. It makes sense you can store knives in those but a full bladed sword??? Hell I can't even put a snakeskin in my backpack why should a sword go in it?

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2019-05-12 16:11:25

Averest

Snakeskin scabbards!

#10 2019-05-12 22:00:18

Starknight_One

Hmm, maybe a probability transition? If you drop or put away a bloody sword, it has a 25% chance of breaking... although I'm not sure how you'd clean it without putting it down. Perhaps setting it down on a cloth (or a cloak, maybe?) cleans the sword with no chance of breaking.

A broken sword could be melted back into an ingot. Or it could break and leave a 'broken steel tool', idc. Just give us a way to get rid of these things if you're going to insist we have them in the first place.

Board footer