One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-07 08:08:48

Baker

Re: Sounding Pole idea for pump wells that exhaust

Some better water storage tech would be nice if we're going with futures idea.

We should be able to use pipes for moving water, To automate the water gathering but also for pumps that are in the outskirts of town.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#27 2019-05-07 10:04:26

Amon

jasonrohrer wrote:

Spoon, the end of water in one physical location doesn't mean the end of a lineage.  The lineage can move.  What, they're going to say, "Pump died, now we'll all just stand here and die?"

I was imagining that the engine could be removed from the dead well, and moved to another well location.

I don't know that "steady state" is ever a good thing for a village to achieve.  And currently, "iron running out" is supposed to be the long-term thing that imbalances stuff, but it's too slow.

If we are expected to move, we need reliable transportation methods and not the current one person vehicles (horses, carts, cars, planes) and easier ways to track people traveling (tracks that fade in a few seconds). Caravans, carriages, trains for example...
Women will be giving birth to precious children while moving, and they can't just simply abandon them or the precious tools and iron they are hauling with them to a new location. It's really a loose loose situation whatever she chooses.

If we could move an entire village over to a new fruitful location, then moving would be viable, heck offshot villages would be viable more than ever before. Traveling villages would be viable.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#28 2019-05-07 13:13:52

Cox

Twisted wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Yes, I could flip it, wondible.... hmmm...

Twisted, I thought about an object that you can't walk with (like the fishing pole, which prevents you from walking away while fishing).

That's possible with the sounding rod, and then you could only set it down nearby.  Problem comes if the area around the well is cluttered, and you have nowhere to drop it.

Another problem:  a chain of people (even one person, working alone and leap-frogging), could transport the pole like a relay race.  I drop it at X, then go over to X+1 and grab it, and drop it at X+2, then go to X+3 and grab it, and drop it at X+4, etc.

Would it be possible to make the tile next to the well a container that can ONLY contain the sounding rod? The sounding rod would only be storable in that container, you couldn't even drop it on the floor (unless you die holding it, but make the carry speed something silly low like 1% and it can still be returnable in that case. Probably not, huh?

Trousers have a pocket where you can hold item like knife. Let's say that wells can have own pocket for rod. You can can click the rod, oparte it, wait for animation to end and return it to the pocket automatically. IDK maybe its bad idea.

My english sucks.
JASON PLZ

#29 2019-05-07 13:21:00

Spoonwood

How are we going to make or use an atomic powered robot that can kill someone if we have to move Jason?  You haven't died yet to an atomic powered robot on bigserver2 (or bigserver1), so how would that happen if towns don't have the water to make it to the atomic robot?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#30 2019-05-07 15:37:20

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Spoon, you're talking about content that won't be in place for another year, at least... like the end of the game.

I'm in the middle of it right now, trying to make the middle good and more interesting.

Obviously, all these things are going to change and be rebalanced as the game advances into higher tech.

Board footer