One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 22:20:37

Kami_The_Man

Family Last Names

Looks like were getting family last names and names in the next update! I'm seriously excitied with this as we now can keep long family lines neat and organized!

I got a pretty neat idea; what if we had last names equate to a job! So from birth, you already know what you need to do your village. Say you have the last name is Smith, that obvious means your a blacksmith! Also works in a way, that we will always know what jobs are filled and what jobs need filling. Example being, say the last name for farmers is Carrotsions.. You go looking around the village and notice that their is a lot of Smiths but no Carrotsions! So you now you know to control the population for Smiths, and make sure the Carrotsions reproduce!

That's just one idea, and it has its own problems. Main one being that you need multiple family lines to work together, which is pretty rare in this game. However, after just playing in village that had about four different lines of family working together I think it is possible.

Another cool thing is people can start making houses! I'm a BIG game of thrones nerd and I will love for houses to be instated with last names! Maybe being born in house Dickbutt equates you to being royalty! Just a fun little thought that comes with last names. Forgot mention that crowns and family last name work way better than just a crown being passed down from daughter to daughter. Now you know if your daughter dies you have a niece with the same royal last name. I can not WAIT for which last names will raise to royalty and such! Man this game is making me so excitied!

Griefers also get another debuff! Now with names, griefers can't suddenly just *blend* into the crowd anymore. Soon as they kill, you can start shouting their name, so their screwed the next time they try to run into the village.

Last edited by Kami_The_Man (2018-03-29 22:27:10)

#2 2018-03-29 22:51:12

Cyniko

Re: Family Last Names

I am hoping to see some long lived dynasties with a great many stories for each. I hope that crowns are fiercely held onto and passed generation to generation.

I love how there is no guarantee the family legacy will be carried on. Will there be a black sheep who ends the great line of Carrotis? Will it be by betrayal? Will it be that they have no living heir?
Or will it be because they started using Brawndo Gatorade to water the crops?

Im loving this addition and in my hype am having a hard time seeing a downside. It also sounds like you wont be able to give troll names as there is a database of names that it checks to grab a similar one you typed.  Yay!
EDIT: spelling

Last edited by Cyniko (2018-03-29 22:51:50)

#3 2018-03-29 22:53:40

Baker

It would be pretty cool if you started a family and it survives for a really long time. If you're lucky you might even meet your descendants many years later.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#4 2018-03-30 13:54:20

chikenvoice

Cyniko wrote:

I am hoping to see some long lived dynasties with a great many stories for each. I hope that crowns are fiercely held onto and passed generation to generation.

I love how there is no guarantee the family legacy will be carried on. Will there be a black sheep who ends the great line of Carrotis? Will it be by betrayal? Will it be that they have no living heir?
Or will it be because they started using Brawndo Gatorade to water the crops?

Im loving this addition and in my hype am having a hard time seeing a downside. It also sounds like you wont be able to give troll names as there is a database of names that it checks to grab a similar one you typed.  Yay!
EDIT: spelling

I asked my daughter to name her little daughter and she tried to name her NOOB. Poor girl had to stick with Nooh for the rest of her life as a reminder of the lack of intelligence of her dear mother.

#5 2018-03-30 18:24:25

Cyniko

I once heard an epic tale of a man who traveled from the past, and saved the entire world! His name was 'Not Sure'
Dont let your name hold you back from great things!

( sorry for the constant idiocracy jokes and not really contributing to thread XD)

Board footer