One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-27 03:17:12

Sukallinen

I think I'll curse /die's

Since /die use their option to move, I think I'll use my option to curse one of the about 5-9 who /die on me, as so far I've used about 1:20..1:50 of my curse tokens. So I do autopickup and autoname and randomly curse one from (almost) each life.

Hats off to futurebird for showing me the other side. Not going to griefing - boring I think - but thinking a bit differently.

#2 2019-04-27 03:34:21

Ari-ori-412

Re: I think I'll curse /die's

You are wasting your curse tokens my dude.  Curse the runner babies they are way worse i promise.

Stop eating berries adults! go eat the pie or stew right next to you.

#3 2019-04-27 03:38:24

DestinyCall

Plus, the runners will know that you cursed them, so they might change their behavior.   The /die babies will have no idea and keep dying.

#4 2019-04-27 03:42:21

Ari-ori-412

Another thing: that ONE curse is likely to wear off quickly and you should save your tokens for actual trolls/griefers.

Stop eating berries adults! go eat the pie or stew right next to you.

#5 2019-04-27 03:56:09

futurebird

Were this to become a trend (I don't think it will) it's going to make more babies just run. Which is worse. I find the bone spam and stopping what I'm doing VERY annoying, but as long as they let me pick them up I'm not that mad. Frankly I think it's a loophole in the game design. As long as there is a way for players to select their town or life they will use that power.

I do think there needs to be a change though...

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … die_issue/

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#6 2019-04-27 04:17:15

DaTrüf!

If you dont pick them up, they might run away, which will add to ur baby count

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 2019-04-27 04:20:23

Léonard

I'll use my option of pretending I care about your town and pretend to get gored by a boar then.

If you were a smart person you'd realize it doesn't really change anything for you (actually it's worse for you) but oh well, people never learn.

#8 2019-04-27 13:01:33

Sukallinen

Yup, going to target one, ask help in both discord and in-game. I do witness so few crimes, and hear-talk naah, just gets problems. I still claim it's more of an issue in large towns, evetowns with good griefer are doomed anyhow (and curse still fades).

It's not like having played 50 hours w/o one curse I have more than one token now, eh ?

#9 2019-04-27 14:00:00

Amon

Don't do that, you're abusing curses and giving them to people that don't deserve them.
Use them on the person that are actually malicious to your bloodline, like runners.

A /DIE baby is a baby that never existed to begin with, they reset your birth cooldown.

What are you even planning to achive this way? Keep people in town that do not want to be there? Want to be randomly stabbed or shot by a loathsome now teen, kid you cursed? Do you think cursing a peroson will make it want to cooperate and help you?
Waste food and fertility on people that will just secretly run off and render that effort moot instead of having a kid /die and reset your fertility so you can get a new child pronto?

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-27 14:00:44)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#10 2019-04-27 15:19:55

Sukallinen

Had a limited chat about /die with kid today.

I rly wasn't aware it makes game forget baby cooldown, so sorry I did some curses as test. Have screenshots but did not yet put any in discord/here/where-ever. If those kids were not grievers their curse cooldown goes down fast so no large harm done I hope.

Should've researched it a bit, sorry everybody for your wasted time on this. I don't remove the article though, but no more replies, I retract my "i do what i do" on this issue, and again, sry for inconvenience.

PS. I like to check where pads are, and show my knife to griever - let him chase me and hit in hospital. I get patched, he does not smile Nice system, I like when it works well. Not against pro-grievers ofc...

Board footer