One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-26 07:10:37

FeignedSanity

Anyone else miss rabbit skin pouches?

Remember the good old days of carrying your basket of rabbit skin pouches to the well to fill them up, then taking them back to the infinite carrot farm? A lot of you probably don't, but it was really nice to be able to carry water three at a time. Now granted, with the addition of buckets, you can technically now move water 10 at a time, but I miss being able to put my water in my backpack if I wanted to. I think I may start making a few if I find myself doing a lot of farming.

Let's start a new meta. Save the bowls for the forge, kitchen, and seeds. Make the switch to rabbit pouches, today! tongue

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#2 2019-04-26 08:09:47

CatX

Re: Anyone else miss rabbit skin pouches?

It would work perfectly if bowls weren't needed to distribute soil.

But I love the idea.

Also fun: You could technically start a carrot farm without a forge, as long as you have soil, rabbit, and water. You can use a backpack to carry soil, so you don't actually need a basket either. You can't split the soil piles though, so a lot of soil goes to waste, but it is doable.

#3 2019-04-26 08:36:42

FeignedSanity

CatX wrote:

It would work perfectly if bowls weren't needed to distribute soil.

But I love the idea.

Also fun: You could technically start a carrot farm without a forge, as long as you have soil, rabbit, and water. You can use a backpack to carry soil, so you don't actually need a basket either. You can't split the soil piles though, so a lot of soil goes to waste, but it is doable.

LMAO! I can't believe that had completely slipped my mind. That's exactly why pouches fell from grace. That, combined with the bucket. sad I kind of want to still make them work, but it would be pointless. In fact, it may even be a detriment, just adding in more clutter. I guess they will remain a distant memory.

#4 2019-04-26 08:46:35

CatX

Well... why shouldn't we be able to carry soil in rabbit pouches, though...?
Maybe Jason can humor us?

#5 2019-04-26 08:52:52

pein

yeah you can make the pouch early and farm carrots, actually i do carrot instead of berries, so i got time for smiting, and reloads faster then berry, only 5 min for food
people are better at making pen so early soil can be used

i had this game style where i do compost, hats, bread, pies, fleece, etc. generally i made the full circle and even made plates

the pouch is useful when you got limited bowls, you can limit it to use it for water only, unlike bowl, when all of them filled you need to make new or empty some, so that pouch was there to make bread and compost

in some lifes in desert edge towns, had the desert further from water, so a road to water and pouches were decent
actually 4 pouches with water can be swapped around from pack and water multiple things, also refilled from a bucket, with apron or pants you get 5 pouches for 10 water, huge berry and milwkweed farms might use it better

when i made sugar pen and water was further a bit (just around 15 tiles) told daughter to take pouch and bowl and water the whole thing
while i got soil and cut the sugarcane and plant it

they go into container which is a plus, for example digging out berry bushes, or picking down adobe wall further from water, people tend to take your water bowl near oven when making rubber or digging a bush

the ultimate setup would be boxes with full pouches and someone fills them each time is empty so maybe a + shape 4 boxes, middle bucket and the farms around it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2019-04-26 11:47:23

jord1990

Ah yes just grabbing a cart full of basket with pouches while also having a backpack with 3 pouches and a pie.

And youd have to go on a quest to fill all 15 pouches with water cause the ponds nearby were nearly dry!

#7 2019-04-26 14:24:41

FeignedSanity

jord1990 wrote:

Ah yes just grabbing a cart full of basket with pouches while also having a backpack with 3 pouches and a pie.

And youd have to go on a quest to fill all 15 pouches with water cause the ponds nearby were nearly dry!

HAHAHAHA, yep. Nice to see someone else remembers those days.

@CatX

That would be broooooken. Make it happen, Jason! lol

That would actually be really nutty, but it doesn't make sense from a logic standpoint. I feel like it'd be fairly difficult to get soil in and out of a rabbit pouch; it would seem silly. Although, to be fair, that hasn't always stopped him before.

#8 2019-04-26 15:12:19

Lotus

Or having to bring pouches filled with water back to your town’s ponds because people kept emptying them.

#9 2019-04-26 15:24:54

Aurora Aurora

Psh, only 3? I was a fucking W A T E R M A S T E R and walked like a whole minute to get to the swamp, filled my 6 water pouches, ate my berry and walked back to the carrot farm like a fucking hero

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#10 2019-04-26 17:55:06

Portager

I dont miss the days where people built farms in the middle of a grass biome, and then I had to go on a hike with those damn things.

#11 2019-04-26 21:26:04

WalrusesConquer

I miss the days of carrying three water, when the meta was farm first THEN Bowls...the aesthetic of water runs..

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

Board footer