One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-04-22 16:13:02

Tarr
Banned

Re: Buildings and you.

This likely one of the better designs I can come up with that's mostly reasonable to put up in a village.

7YyLsm5.jpg

This new design is a combination of cold and hot buildings which allows a room to have a fire without cooking the heated room or having to do weird tiny rooms/leave the fire outside. The only real issue with something like this is fire placement within the room as with the hallway I put on the building moving the cold room fire to an inappropriate spot will heat the hot biome room. To combat this issue either a door can be added to the hallway or a special tile such as a bear rug or stone floor could be placed where the fire is now. Fences were used for a cheap sheep pen to ensure sheep could be added near the bakery without much hassle.

Buildings still take quite a lot of time to put up without having access to a horse cart at the time of building but this project took about an hour and a half to fully complete (first life was doing wall work, second life was flooring and putting up the pen.) I think times could definitely be cut down by getting help earlier and making sure to have a horse cart available when it comes time to move stones.

fug it’s Tarr.

#52 2019-04-22 16:51:21

Grim_Arbiter

Tarr wrote:

This likely one of the better designs I can come up with that's mostly reasonable to put up in a village.

http://i.imgur.com/7YyLsm5.jpg

This new design is a combination of cold and hot buildings which allows a room to have a fire without cooking the heated room or having to do weird tiny rooms/leave the fire outside. The only real issue with something like this is fire placement within the room as with the hallway I put on the building moving the cold room fire to an inappropriate spot will heat the hot biome room. To combat this issue either a door can be added to the hallway or a special tile such as a bear rug or stone floor could be placed where the fire is now. Fences were used for a cheap sheep pen to ensure sheep could be added near the bakery without much hassle.

Buildings still take quite a lot of time to put up without having access to a horse cart at the time of building but this project took about an hour and a half to fully complete (first life was doing wall work, second life was flooring and putting up the pen.) I think times could definitely be cut down by getting help earlier and making sure to have a horse cart available when it comes time to move stones.

I woulda helped again if i was there!

Also wtf is that green dot in the picture? Above the corner pillar on the left.

Edit*

That's a snowball huh tarr smile

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-04-22 17:27:50)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#53 2019-04-22 17:30:20

Tarr
Banned

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

I woulda helped again if i was there!

Also wtf is that green dot in the picture? Above the corner pillar on the left.

It's an extra clickable part added to stakes to speed up clicking through the cycle without touching the moving little bits of actual stakes. It's one of Mr. XIX's mod StakeMeHigher which can be found in https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5639

I'm not sure if I just have the original mod design where it had green orbs or if that version has the little see through stakes.

fug it’s Tarr.

#54 2019-04-22 19:24:44

Mr.XIX

Haha, that's indeed an early version of the mod.
Tarr helped me out testing and adding suggestions.

Board footer