One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-17 15:32:02

futurebird

Least favorite wild animal (excluding skeeters)

Mosquitos would win this straw poll hands down so of the other wild pests which once do you find the greatest pain. For me it is the pigs. Pork farmers have gotten my family killed more than once by putting a wild boar in the sheep pen. I have a bad tendency to wander in to them when exploring. (bears are easy to avoid, snakes a little tricky, but they give you boots, wolves are not aggressive unless you hang around them, pigs will ambush you from behind a tree)

My greatest error is seeing one pig and thinking it's the only one so because I see it I think there can't be another behind the tree and it's safe to take a short cut. It's never safe. Cut down the whole swamp and kill all the pigs. Make them all in to tacos so no one can breed dogs without walking over to the next biome.

If we ever get a way to kill the skeeters I will spend several lives doing nothing but that. Mosquitos cheat.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-04-17 18:01:54

karltown_veteran

Re: Least favorite wild animal (excluding skeeters)

Sneks are totally the worst. They're completely camouflaged behind dem big desert trees.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#3 2019-04-17 18:15:46

Astelon

I died more from boars than from any other animals. Especially that at first I thought they were friendly

#4 2019-04-17 19:03:28

hmrka

Boars... wolves are second place. Because wolves atleast most of the time move away from the player, while a boar's moves are random. I hate that they're able to move so many tiles at once, whenever I get a bow done in eve camp I go around slaying all the boars, then the wolves nearby.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#5 2019-04-17 20:08:25

Jaona

I hate bisons, they look at me funny.

Mofobert on discord, message me for a good time.

#6 2019-04-17 21:41:01

Amon

Boars get the arrow from me.

I have perished too many times to boars. My family has perished too many times to boars.
In a live I killed over 12-/+ boars to avenge my son. All swamps desolate.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#7 2019-04-18 00:48:10

Spoonwood

Snakes.  I find them harder to kill than anything else.  I've tried smashing them with a car, but I'm not completely sure how running over it works, because I've appeared to run them over, but don't become roadkill.  I think roadkill snakes respawn in the desert fairly quickly also.  Snakes also will pose a problem if I'm not careful.  I can also kill anything else early probably than killing a snake early if starting from scratch out in the wild.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2019-04-18 01:07:14

antking:]#

I personally don't like snakes, I'm always on a horse and then bam my horse is on the ground dead! because instead of going around the dessert I just had to enter it! and it doesn't help when your moving that fast their camouflage really takes effect!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#9 2019-04-18 03:18:30

1%Spacebar

Snakes. I don't die much to other animals, and snakes aren't an exception to that, but their bites are almost impossible to treat. You have to go out and get a horse killed by a snake, cut it open, and bring the bowl of antivenom back. I've had people try to steal the bowl, as well. Plus, you have to sterilise a knife to use the antivenom. And I haven't seen a single adult get bitten and make it back to the town or village, whether or not it has antivenom. In fact, the only person I've seen get bitten and get to the village is a newborn baby.  They're just so complicated to care for and I barely see it happen, but I can't help myself from getting antivenom if the town is big and doesn't have any.

oh boy *munch munch* these berry bushes *munch munch* are dying. i hope *munch munch* someone will water them

#10 2019-04-18 06:11:44

BladeWoods

It's silly because any town advanced enough to have bothered getting antivenom to treat snake bites will have already killed all the nearby snakes.

#11 2019-04-18 12:05:49

futurebird

BladeWoods wrote:

It's silly because any town advanced enough to have bothered getting antivenom to treat snake bites will have already killed all the nearby snakes.

Make anti venom portable and the only thing you need to treat a snake bite. The lost space in your pack and need another person would still make use rare, but at least parties going to clean out multiple iron mines and families on migration would have a reason to bring it.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#12 2019-04-18 16:34:03

Averest

Humans. I know what behavior to expect with every other creature.

#13 2019-04-18 18:11:39

Amon

Best preventative method to snakes is a knife.
Yet they hide out in the open, clear as day to see. IF you must go in, tread carefuly and you, your horse, the cart'll live.

The swamps and jungles are dense and trechearous. What looms behind the trees? A boar or not-boar.

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-18 18:12:15)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#14 2019-04-18 18:18:48

PeaGirl

Snakes when you're riding with a horse/horsecart
Wild boars and wolves when you're on foot, they have long distance runs and are almost impossible to avoid if they managed to cross to your path. I've been so many times sniped by pigs and wolves off screen while running errands for town.
It's difficult, but once again, when you're in hurry, you can't make it safe very easily.
Only thing I've tried to do with these issues is make 'safe item roads' to avoid being targeted. Swamps are more difficult since only items that you can use 'that do not decay' are raw clays, and if you don't have enough of them, you have to kill boars around....
Sigh.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#15 2019-04-18 19:21:19

Aname

those pesky sheeps who eat my carrots those damn sheeps!!!

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

Board footer