One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-15 03:12:03

antking:]#

Re: Apparently I'm a Griefer?

why do people attack griefers so much? all they are doing is doing what they find entertaining... now don't see me a defendant of "griefing helps eve camps" that is a load of sheep shit

but I do believe that the backlash on griefers is way to violent! as mush as people becoming griefers too to "rid of the scum that they are!" while this may be your intention you never know if some one really is a griefer or is just trying out new "flavors of the game"

Many of the griefers  on forums are in the prosses of reform.... (that's why toxic is gone couldn't grow up)

so I believe its wrong to point fingers at "griefers" and claim their the bain of this world.... all we can do is except their presents and do the best we can, if we would be able to do this forums will be less toxic  (some thing none of us want to be)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#27 2019-04-15 03:43:27

DestinyCall

I don't think we should be more tolerant of griefers.   In order to be a griefer, you must get your entertainment by ruining other people's fun.  They don't deserve our respect or our acceptance.   They SHOULD feel like outcasts, because they have chosen a path that places them at odds with the community.  If they want to brag about killing towns or stabbing girls, they can expect to get a lot of negative feedback from all the people who dislike what they are doing in-game.  That's not unfair.  That's to be expected.  This should not be a "safe space" for griefers to gather and share tips for effective griefing. 

If a griefer wants people to like them and respect them, then they need to stop griefing in the game and no longer identify as a griefer.  If stopping is too hard, maybe just go play something else for a while.    It will take time for people to accept that a griefer have actually reformed and they can expect that their past deeds will haunt them for a while.  That's also to be expected.   Your past reputation is like a lifetime curse score.   It never goes away entirely and lowers people's tolerance for your bullshit.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-04-15 03:46:27)

#28 2019-04-15 05:16:30

DaTrüf!

Toxic wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

You can thank me for that, allong with Toxic, and this noob lol

Haha we got this boiii. Man in three hours we took down 5 towns with a huge amount of girls! New tactics boiiiis! Man partners in crime we will take down this ohol towns fast! And defiently the noob fizzy we got you in the team!

I'm actually glad you brang this up. I, allong with Toxic, and Fizzy himself were looking for different, at what I thought - finding good and preventable ways of greifing. We rounded up into about 3 towns, NOT eve villages, and looked for different variations and new tactics into griefing. I continued to take screen shots and what not into making a forums post. Though the content was dry and plus I didnt get the permission of both Toxic and Fizzy to share the post, so I never shed light on it. I myself never shot or stabbed anyone, that was fizzy's and Toxic's role. So, yes I did get associated in these griefing acts, though the origonal intent of going into it I had a perspective of using it as a preventable way of griefing. The reason why - aside from the fact of how I didn't get Toxic's or Fizzy's permission - of why I didn't post some material was that it really boiled down to hiding behind trees and luring people to go next to the trees. People still are suprised and dont know what or who shot them, reguardless they are standing next to a tree. Aside from that I havn't had much of any intent into griefing. It's not like I tired to hide what I did, either, Toxic and I went into the forums and responded to how people encountered tripplets griefing cities. Toxic and I could've said nothing and acted like it wasn't us and hide it, but we didnt.

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-04-15 05:22:11)

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 2019-04-15 06:07:00

MultiLife

You did feel compelled to take a part in the discussions here. https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5785

A griefer is not simply a killer but a killer is a griefer. If you take part in a way or form in hindering other players and sabotaging while knowing it, you are a griefer. Whether you keep griefing or not is up to you.

I wouldn't kill your descendants, but honestly I wouldn't be keen on helping your family out either. I don't share your views of "justified griefing"; for science, for anti-griefing, for helping Eves.
Reminds me of that one player who said they killed people in a town hoping they'd spawn into her ongoing Eve line. Terrible. So selfish. Why do people decide they have the right to force people into things they find justified and right?

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-04-15 06:09:55)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#30 2019-04-15 06:30:17

DestinyCall

DaTrüf! wrote:
Toxic wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

You can thank me for that, allong with Toxic, and this noob lol

Haha we got this boiii. Man in three hours we took down 5 towns with a huge amount of girls! New tactics boiiiis! Man partners in crime we will take down this ohol towns fast! And defiently the noob fizzy we got you in the team!

I'm actually glad you brang this up. I, allong with Toxic, and Fizzy himself were looking for different, at what I thought - finding good and preventable ways of greifing. We rounded up into about 3 towns, NOT eve villages, and looked for different variations and new tactics into griefing. I continued to take screen shots and what not into making a forums post. Though the content was dry and plus I didnt get the permission of both Toxic and Fizzy to share the post, so I never shed light on it. I myself never shot or stabbed anyone, that was fizzy's and Toxic's role. So, yes I did get associated in these griefing acts, though the origonal intent of going into it I had a perspective of using it as a preventable way of griefing. The reason why - aside from the fact of how I didn't get Toxic's or Fizzy's permission - of why I didn't post some material was that it really boiled down to hiding behind trees and luring people to go next to the trees. People still are suprised and dont know what or who shot them, reguardless they are standing next to a tree. Aside from that I havn't had much of any intent into griefing. It's not like I tired to hide what I did, either, Toxic and I went into the forums and responded to how people encountered tripplets griefing cities. Toxic and I could've said nothing and acted like it wasn't us and hide it, but we didnt.

Oh DaTruf ... do you even hear what you are saying?   You do not get bonus points for shamelessly bragging about your misdeeds. 

And if you really want to help prevent griefing ... don't add to the problem by being a griefer and hanging out with other griefers and helping them to grief towns, big or small.   If you help your friends rob a convenience store, the cops aren't going let you off easy because you were just the get-away driver and not one of the guys with guns.   You are still a thief and criminal.   

The quality of the company you keep speaks volumes about your own quality.   Or said in another way .. lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

#31 2019-04-15 07:09:32

Tarr
Banned

MultiLife wrote:

I wouldn't kill your descendants, but honestly I wouldn't be keen on helping your family out either. I don't share your views of "justified griefing"; for science, for anti-griefing, for helping Eves.

He just griefs to grief, the specific situation in the first post is him killing an EVE camps only fertile female then suiciding with his twin Toxic to kill a Gen 3 camp. There's no justification here on his side, just him trying to get away with pissing in peoples cereal and expecting no sort of ire from the community.

If you pick on or bully players who can't defend themselves you'll eventually draw the attention of people who can and will stop you. This is exactly what he's done with himself getting hunted down as Eve and people wanting to /die out of his lineages or potentially even grief them.

fug it’s Tarr.

#32 2019-04-15 09:14:41

Guppy

Why would you need their permission to post screenshots? Its not like they have any rights for the pictures you took

#33 2019-04-15 10:46:25

PeaGirl

Amon wrote:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2m3si2f.jpg
You did grief a town with pitbulls, demonstration or not, you did end up griefing it. You are a griefer, end of debate. You know you could've shown the same but instead of bringing pitbulls you would have brought poodles and told the forumers to simply imagine it's putbulls instead.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hi02sk_th.png
Every town was once an eve settlement, what makes greifing a big town okay? Jealous due it's sucess while other eve towns do not? Most eves fail, grieferd or not, there is NO reason to greif those camps that DID make it past settlement.

^
So true.
Yet this is so ignored.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Board footer