One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-06 21:15:37

futurebird

Punished by my own son. But did I deserve this fate?

I was in the strangest camp. There was my uncle and mother and one other person about 2k from the bell town in a little village where all the berry bushes had gone dry. That was part of what made it seem so strange. They also had a lot of carts. Did they move? One by one they were killed by a boar lingering near the fire at the south of camp. My uncle fed me the last of the berries and said "please live" so I decided to do my best.

Then he was killed by the boar too.

But, soon I had the bushes green again and the camp was coming back to life I had three daughters who choose to stay! One seemed very smart and got right to work bringing the camp back to life. I've never killed a boar before and thought it might be tricky like killing a bear so I decided to wait till forty to do it and have kids first.  My youngest daughter urged me to just kill the boar now. I was nervous about it. But, after I knew it took only one arrow, I got up the courage and did it! (It's easy and I bet most of you know, but I didn't know that.)

Then I killed my daughter as she walked in to the spot where I was setting the bow down. I really felt physically sick and at that moment I had my first son. He seemed to want to run off at first but then choose to stay so I was happy. I should have taken that as a warning sign.

He said he understood that it was an accident and my other daughters did too. I was still feeling horrible about my mistake, and so guilty but I thought we could move on. My second girl was having grand kids. The village could still thrive. Hope!

But, I guess my son didn't see it that way, or he thought I deserved to suffer more because as soon as he was old enough he grabbed the bow and killed my daughter: now the only fertile girl. Then he gloated about how the village was now doomed. It was hard to be mad though since it was my fault. I should have let him run off and die. I should have been more careful with the bow.

And so that was the end. To my uncle, I'm very sorry.

Last edited by futurebird (2019-04-06 22:20:08)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-04-07 01:52:30

DestinyCall

Re: Punished by my own son. But did I deserve this fate?

Pretty sure that was just normal griefing, not any kind of punishment for your mistakes.    If he had killed you to avenge his dead sister, I might think he was roleplaying as a concerned sibling or something.   But killing your other daughter and gloating about dooming the village is a dick move, plain and simple.

#3 2019-04-07 02:03:02

Villas

I don’t think it was your fault, you are nice man, you couldn’t know your kid would do that.
I only hide weapons when there are too many of them on ground. Bows are cheap to make, principally in a new camp/outpost where there are milkweed nearby, so if he really wanted to kill the last fertile, hiding the bow probably wouldn’t stopped him. You did it right, just were unlucky by having a lineage killer as son.

And boars always disturbing you. I remember a village where you got killed by a domestic boar that your son put in the pen.

#4 2019-04-07 08:09:36

Amon

Griefer.
Not punishment.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#5 2019-04-08 00:34:47

timmeh87

I was in a town the other night that had a couple griefers come and stab people randomly and the stabby people always make up an excuse like "you kill baby" when a baby goes /die at the fire, probably because people let them get away with it sometimes. I personally think babies should be allowed to curse people, and that there is a bias towards griefers with longer names.... Technically if an eve picks a shorter last name it will better allow her children to curse each other. Kind of a weird mechanic.

#6 2019-04-08 09:48:12

breezeknight

@futurebird
it wasn't your fault

your son was roleplaying
in that gameplay any excuse to cause grief is welcome

griefing atm is very complex
armed with only one curse one is quite helpless hmm

timmeh87 wrote:

I was in a town the other night that had a couple griefers come and stab people randomly and the stabby people always make up an excuse like "you kill baby" when a baby goes /die at the fire, probably because people let them get away with it sometimes. I personally think babies should be allowed to curse people, and that there is a bias towards griefers with longer names.... Technically if an eve picks a shorter last name it will better allow her children to curse each other. Kind of a weird mechanic.

YES to the option for babies to curse if murdered
i've been now meantime literally thrown into snakes 3 times by the own mother
players doing that don't deserve to go unpunished !!!

also that's right
shorter names & longer names
a curse shouldn't be hampered by the complexity of a name
sometimes it's very difficult to type the right name

looks like the curse system needs some severe improvements

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-08 09:56:18)

#7 2019-04-08 10:40:14

Averest

My Eve name has three letters, my kids get no more than four letters for their first. I brought them into this world, I have no problem with cursing them if they turn bad.

#8 2019-04-08 16:13:03

Luniatji

There once was a familyname, a very long one.. I don't remember it. But there was a boy, with also a very-very long name. Don't remember that either.

But, the mom named all her kids dat far-to-long-name. And one of them started killing and griefing otherwise. But nobody could curse him, because he had a faaaaar to long name.

So he was killed eventually, but nobody could curse him. I was an baby when he killed my mom, so when I was old enough I cursed him.. Only, the moment I COULD curse him was when I turned fifty-five, because of his long name. And nobody remembered him there, so they thought I was a griefer by cursing a random person.

So yes, the curse system has to be improved.. Why don't we can say "/Curse Name SurName" and when you start typing Name there will be a list of people with that name, so you have to only click the right person? Babies can curse that way, kids, everyone!

#9 2019-04-08 16:52:19

timmeh87

Luniatji wrote:

So he was killed eventually, but nobody could curse him. I was an baby when he killed my mom, so when I was old enough I cursed him.. Only, the moment I COULD curse him was when I turned fifty-five, because of his long name. And nobody remembered him there, so they thought I was a griefer by cursing a random person.

yeah the wiki "helpfully" says that "you can curse anyone if you remember their name for 2 hours!" but in practice this is an unnecessary limit on the rate at which you can use curse tokens (just gotta live to live to FIFTY FIVE now to avenge my mother...). You have to hold on to a token for an entire life, during which you might find a SECOND person you want to curse... all the while you are still holding onto your token which could have been recharging by now. And then everyone sees you curse a random dude and it makes you look sketchy.

Board footer