One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-07 04:31:31

BlueDiamondAvatar

"Al" Town History (end of the Falls-Chaput family)

I, Daniel, am the last of the Falls-Chaput lineage. 

As I leave this life, I have rung the bells of our fair "Al" town, and ceded our home to the peoples of the world.  It is yours to claim good people, from our numerous carts, to our grand unfinished library, our oil distribution system, and our newly established sheep railway.  Even our overly expansive and overflowing mango groves are available, though I did my best to trim their numbers during my time.  Come and give Al town your labor and love, and it will give you abundance.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … height=803

As a young lad, I'd tried to chat up one of the pretty Running girls, by showing her the sweet nursery I had been raised in.  But as we entered I was stunned to realize it was brimming with primitive garb, skeletons, and empty crumby plates.  I made it my life's duty to clear away the debris and created a display of our old-fashioned primitive clothes in a nearby patch of desert.  I'm sure the dry conditions will allow preservation of these antiques of straw and hide for the generations to come.

For a while, our nursery was considered merely a clothing store, visited as part of a larger tour of the town by the fetching matrons of our newer families.  As such, it's specialty is certainly hats and clogs.  I filled four baskets with sets of clogs, and four boxes with hats in every color and design. 

While it is rare to find an adult or child without modern clothes in Al town, it is also rare to find extra clothing for legs or chest waiting for our babes in the nursery.  If our population ever increases again, the antiques in the desert may need to come into use again.

My historical display seems fitting now, since I had no sisters or girl cousins who survived to maturity.  I even had no official record of my standing as a Chaput, since my mother was too busy dressing me in skirts and calling me a pretty boy to give me a name until I was too old .....but anyway, this is a history, not a story of my issues with my mother.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4022678

The time of the Falls-Chaputs is done, but there is every indication that Al town will go on.  It hosts a number of families; Running, Opal, and the mysterious black clad queens who merely name themselves "Ava".  A man in a bright blue suit set foot into Al town's clothing shop as I was nearing my death. He told us a tale of a long journey, from an equally civilized home.  But unless this Mr. Buffalo takes a mate, his name is as unlikely to continue as mine.

While the Falls and Chaput line lived for tens of generations in Al town, the grand unfinished library tells me there was once a family named Destro that lived in the town until the age of the great disruption.  Among our vast collection, I recall reading a record from a doting mother telling how her son Blue Destro had miraculously caught the town a new sheep. Our legends and songs tell us that these people - the ones who founded our town, were once known as Wilsons. https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5863

All families change and end.  Some merge, some evolve, and some simply disappear.  But I dearly hope the fine manners and modern graces of Al town will live on through uncounted generations.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#2 2019-04-07 06:40:47

happynova

Re: "Al" Town History (end of the Falls-Chaput family)

Glad to have an update on this place!  I am delighted to know it's still going.

BlueDiamondAvatar wrote:

I, Daniel, am the last of the Falls-Chaput lineage. 
While the Falls and Chaput line lived for tens of generations in Al town, the grand unfinished library tells me there was once a family named Destro that lived in the town until the age of the great disruption.

There was a library in the town when I was born there the last time, but by the time I died the baskets of notes had been moved outside and the building converted to a nursery.  I suppose someone must have  started building a new library, which is nice to know.

#3 2019-04-07 07:56:34

Amon

Re: "Al" Town History (end of the Falls-Chaput family)

I came to this town WAY too many times and it kinda grew on me lol.

I contributed a lot in new tools, the second horse cart also came from me as well as a bunch of clothes.

Some griefer let loose pigs in that town and there was a female murderer in town, so  I hid in the wilderness in my youth and was given a shank.
Later we had more murderers lol. But that was pretty early in it's run and the library was the nursery.

Last I was there I had a gay lover and an adoptive son.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

Board footer