One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-06 12:49:50

Grim_Arbiter

Wedding bells

I know that there has been weddings before in the past on this game, and what happened to me last life was not something "new"..

but I think it was

I've never been married in this game before the clothing update and in one life I was married three different times, and had four kids with three different last names..

The first thing i see in life is an old woman in a red dress and red hat. I immediately fell in love with the outfit and told myself i must make it! I was born to a nursery and had an unrelated woman raise and name me for the beginning of my infant life. The old woman in red felt pity on me and gave me the dress and hat. She gave it to me and then said "you are the new woman in red".

At this point my mom actually comes back, and starts to care about me more than she seemed to before.. Her and my guardian actually start fighting over me and they end up running into the outer edge of town with two other random people in pursuit.

redlady.jpg

I turn old enough and they both think that im afk.. as soon as their guard is down i bolt towards town and lose them both before they even know what happened. I water the bushes in town as a first job and everyone is remarking about my new gained height. I realize fast that I might be a target in town since nobody else seems to be wearing any color, let alone full red! I head south and find out that at the outskirts of the town there are new sites being made into early buildings and farms. Well I guess I should start helping here to escape some heat from town.. It is here that I meet my first and second husbands.

The first was an honest worker who was trying to get us a hatchet and get milkweed going, but couldn't find any. We had a daughter and I let him name her. We raised her together and released her into the world. While I was caring for my first child another man approached me while my husband was gone and complemented me. I took off my hat and did a /hubba even though i was married yikes After my child left my care, my first husband ended up dying rather unannounced at the center of our tiny village start. I was sad, but almost before I could even mourn, the other man that approached me earlier had come back. I told him that my husband had just died. He asked if I wanted to remarry and I said yes

redlady2.jpg

We had a son he named, and gave his clothes to him. After he clothed and helped raise our son he told me that he had to go..

Down two husbands I was sad and not not wanting to remarry or really keep working on the outskirts we were all building. I had a daughter, and I decided to make her the new red lady. I just asked her please not to die on me. I let her go in the main part of town for a better shot at survival. I saw her gaining attention and got more worried.. I decided to go find alum and more dye ingredients so she hopefully wouldn't stand out so much. I ended up having one last child, another son. Towards the end of raising my last child i ran back to the town and didn't see a red dress running around so I got more worried than I have probably been in this game.

redlady3.jpg

i ended up finding her and was glad to tell her how worried I was. There was also now a full blue lady and I figured it would definitely draw at least some attention away.

The last of that life i devoted all time to being a full time cloth dyer and would find kids in undyed clothes and dye them.

I also participated in a snowball war, and decided my goal for next life was to make green dye

redlady4.jpg

Also at the exact same time someone else was getting married at the bell.
It was posted it to discord and I totally recognize some of those people.

unknown.png?width=545&height=457

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-04-06 12:52:34)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#2 2019-04-06 12:56:39

Amon

Re: Wedding bells

I was priest one time today in the village with the funky farm.
Though I actually died before I could conclude the ceremony lmao...

But damn this is some lovely story. I also quite like the new clothes a lot.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#3 2019-04-06 14:58:49

Amon

Honestly imagine THIS update round the time of the many-eve city. Boyyy

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2019-04-06 18:04:36

karltown_veteran

The bell has remained the traditional place to get married. I have gotten married three times underneath it.

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-04-06 18:05:07)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer