One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-05 10:50:39

LodiaVDH

Violet City, a cute and quiet place to die (Story with pics)

Yesterday I was born in the Violet family, I met only cute and funny people and wanted to share that life. Enjoy !

Here's my story : https://imgur.com/a/H8SdO2I

Here's my family tree : http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3991364

Last edited by LodiaVDH (2019-04-05 10:50:53)

#2 2019-04-05 13:23:38

futurebird

Re: Violet City, a cute and quiet place to die (Story with pics)

I really enjoyed this! It shows how getting to know people is a fun part of the game. And it’s always nice when someone who seems rude at first turns out to be nice.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-04-05 15:19:25

pein

don't till one soil, it's like a spit in the others face
use  2 soil to till

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-04-05 15:34:46

Astelon

pein wrote:

use  2 soil to till

For people who don't know why, what he means is that, you can use two bowls of soil and one hoe use instead of one bowl of soil and two hoe uses. It's more efficient iron-wise, since you can make compost, but there's no way to make iron. You could also use a hoe on 3 bowls of soil (one basket), but that's a waste since you only need 2 bowls.

#5 2019-04-05 17:35:53

Spoonwood

Nice story.

"A nice, well organised one just like my town."

What do you mean by 'like my town'?  Do you have a town on a low-pop server or were you Eve on the bigserver recently and that's the town you speak of?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2019-04-06 06:37:19

LodiaVDH

futurebird wrote:

I really enjoyed this! It shows how getting to know people is a fun part of the game. And it’s always nice when someone who seems rude at first turns out to be nice.

Thank you ! And yeah it's my favorite one so far. I love meeting new personalities like this.

Astelon wrote:
pein wrote:

use  2 soil to till

For people who don't know why, what he means is that, you can use two bowls of soil and one hoe use instead of one bowl of soil and two hoe uses. It's more efficient iron-wise, since you can make compost, but there's no way to make iron. You could also use a hoe on 3 bowls of soil (one basket), but that's a waste since you only need 2 bowls.

Yeah I know that, but we had enough hoes (I think about 3) and not that much compost. AND I was lazy haha

Spoonwood wrote:

Nice story.

"A nice, well organised one just like my town."

What do you mean by 'like my town'?  Do you have a town on a low-pop server or were you Eve on the bigserver recently and that's the town you speak of?

Thanks ! And I meant the town I was born in, Violet City. I like my stories to be immersive and I don't make references to things outside of the game.

Last edited by LodiaVDH (2019-04-06 06:51:08)

#7 2019-04-06 14:04:09

Anandamide

Astelon wrote:
pein wrote:

use  2 soil to till

Using milkweed hoes, 2x till, with compost is more iron and water(and thus iron) efficient than steel hoes. Just saying.

Board footer