One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-05 05:33:51

Deleted User

Idiots who screw up your Eve Camp [Game Story]

So I was bored of the monotonous city life and finally wanted to found a new village. I started as yet another Eve, after I already explored several earlier lives and couldn't find a good place to settle. Taking my name "Eve Stevenson" with pride in anticipation of a glorious new city, I began to look for a good location for my camp and quickly found a decent spot. I then hurried to prepare everything... hatchet, fire bow drill, kiln, bowls, berry farm in order to prepare the heckload of kids that I was expecting. I really hustled these first fifteen minutes in my life. My first child was a boy whom I told to bring the rabbits... and he did until the end of his life

Then, at around age 30 (I don't exactly remember the age), I got my first daughter that didn't commit suicide because of an Eve Camp. I named her "Rya", she was quiet at first and I had to remember her to use a basket with food in my worry of her dying and not having children, but for the first part everything went fine.

This was until she became fertile and gave birth to children. While I was farming carrots northwest of her, I could see via zoom what she did outside of my perspective. She got girl twins and literally named them "Shithole" and "Asshole"... they immediately committed suicide. I was very furious because this moron was ruining my entire population plan. I called her an idiot and that I would've killed her if I had a knife but she just responded "Fck u". Then, as she was continuing "working" at the forge, she got another girl. I hurried to her and named her "Amber" to prevent her from name-killing this precious child too. However, as soon as I dragged her to the berries (I was over 40 at this time), my mother began discussing again and insulting her daughter. Amber then made a sad emotion and died on me too. I was seriously speechless, didn't know what to tell to this jackass. However, this was redundant since she decided on her own to starve away... I was really boiling at this point. Out of sudden, my oldest son - the only sane person in this plot - arrived and asked what happened. I told him that Rya named her children like this and that because of her, our town was ruined. He got sad too and decided on its own to die... his last words were "Bye mom". The last thing I did was constantly hitting Rya's corpse with a stone with an angry emotion and insulting her.

My son and I invested over thirty minutes of my time into this little town. Retards like this cringey teenager ruined it "for the lolz", because they don't have a single bit of appreciation for what this game actually means.

Lineage: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3999016 - Click on "Rya Stevenson"

#2 2019-04-05 05:44:57

futurebird

Re: Idiots who screw up your Eve Camp [Game Story]

Yeah I don't really get that play style. I think that people find it funny and don't think through the fact that it might not seem funny to anyone else? Anyway that really sucks but depending on other people is like that some of the time. You'll get a excellent daughter in another game I bet.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-04-05 06:32:00

JonySky
Website

If you think about them ... that idiot did something more than commit suicide within 5 seconds of being born ...
I'm tired of working for 1 hour so that in the end this happens ...

2019-04-05-08-26-17-One-Hour-One-Life.png
2019-04-05-08-29-26-One-Hour-One-Life.png
2019-04-05-08-29-52-Una-hora-una-vida.png
2019-04-05-08-30-26-Una-hora-una-vida.png

great bloodlines are extinguished by players who decide to commit suicide without waiting for a name and find out if they are the last women of the lineage

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-05 06:35:31)

#4 2019-04-05 06:46:38

futurebird

If you pick them up it shouldn't hurt your cooldown.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-04-05 06:55:13

Deleted User

futurebird wrote:

Yeah I don't really get that play style. I think that people find it funny and don't think through the fact that it might not seem funny to anyone else? Anyway that really sucks but depending on other people is like that some of the time. You'll get a excellent daughter in another game I bet.

Yee! My Harling family does well so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4001350

Aww... Osborn died.

Last edited by Deleted User (2019-04-05 06:55:38)

#6 2019-04-05 07:57:12

Amon

Ive had two eve camps die off. Well one was a second gen girl eve camp because i ran off.
Place was IDEAL and AMAZING.

Both places were teeming with milkweek yet my kid built a stone hoe and plant milkweed on my farm plots that I was preparing for the population surge. There was enough natural milkweed for 6 more ropes minimum and no pressure to get it, especially when milkweed grows fast and the drill n hatched done + 2 spare ropes left. We even had a small load of starting iron. Ugh. Nearby food source was not estabilished fast enough to curb some hunger for my camp-working children, both failed. The other's wild food situation was worse though.

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-05 07:58:35)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#7 2019-04-05 08:33:38

breezeknight

i hope you thought at least to curse her, that's the only way to really punish in this game, if you have no weapons to kill
what you could have done maybe was to make bow & arrow after you realise what trouble she set out to be
& then kill her after the third girl was there

& yeah,
the player behind Rya probably thought to have hit a jackpot with your Eve endevour
but rejoyce, you were at least not killed by her, cause that can also happen

i really wish an Eve would have an Eve's power, would be in a stronger position than just to be another fertile female
to found a place & a family is hard, thus extremely vulnerable to any griefer

i also find the males, who suicide because there is no girl as horrible as griefers
thus i suggested now numerous times the cabbage babies for males,
such an option would have given your family a chance since you even already had a helpful son

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-05 08:37:19)

#8 2019-04-05 09:01:49

Deleted User

breezeknight wrote:

i hope you thought at least to curse her, that's the only way to really punish in this game, if you have no weapons to kill
what you could have done maybe was to make bow & arrow after you realise what trouble she set out to be
& then kill her after the third girl was there

& yeah,
the player behind Rya probably thought to have hit a jackpot with your Eve endevour
but rejoyce, you were at least not killed by her, cause that can also happen

i really wish an Eve would have an Eve's power, would be in a stronger position than just to be another fertile female
to found a place & a family is hard, thus extremely vulnerable to any griefer

i also find the males, who suicide because there is no girl as horrible as griefers
such an option would have given your family a chance since you even already had a helpful son

- - -

Oh, I did, as well as my son. At the very least it's two numbers upwards on her lifetime counter.

I must admit that being an Eve and vulnerable about everything is a part of OHOL. It's an unpleasant one, but towns come and die. The only annoying thing is that players actually abuse it in their "own" way.

#9 2019-04-05 09:45:15

PeaGirl

Fniux wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

Oh, I did, as well as my son. At the very least it's two numbers upwards on her lifetime counter.

I must admit that being an Eve and vulnerable about everything is a part of OHOL. It's an unpleasant one, but towns come and die. The only annoying thing is that players actually abuse it in their "own" way.

Reason I've tried to be as positive yet very vigilant as possible.
No matter how sweet players often are, you would never know the full story once you don't see them in screen.
I've seen kinds players behave well and RP peacefully, yet still take tools and hide them far away where villagers would not see it, and despite warnings, people would not defend your case considering the possible thief was very kind, possibly even contributing person, if contributing and later on stealing would make any sense... it would not to me within 60 minutes, not really.
The times when I was checking on my family, yesterday (sorry my narcism, hehe), but there was really efficient anti-griefing campaign going on. People shared opinions about others suspicious behavior and explained what should be done to punish evildoers.
Yet griefers didn't really stop. Ones that are harder to track and stop are the tool thiefs, whom I consider the most cowardly action, since it is risk-free, and you likely never get caught unless someone catches your name in their memory.

Last edited by PeaGirl (2019-04-05 09:48:21)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#10 2019-04-05 09:49:38

breezeknight

Fniux wrote:

griefing is part of the multiplayer aspect, since every player has the freedom to play the own way
that creates the benefits but also the detriments

if Jason wanted griefing to be impossible or at least very hard to do, then he would have made it
at least he buffed the curse system lately, so the punishment of the curse is now more powerful than ever

but in general, the freedom we have in the game is also the exploit to grief

i wish, an Eve would have more power, since she has the biggest burden

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-05 09:52:53)

#11 2019-04-05 09:53:31

Deleted User

breezeknight wrote:
Fniux wrote:

griefing is part of the multiplayer aspect, since every player has the freedom to play the own way
that creates the benefits but also the detriments

if Jason wanted griefing to be impossible or at least very hard to do, then he would have made it
at least he buffed the curse system lately, so the punishment of the curse is now more powerful than ever

but in general, the freedom we have in the game is also the exploit to grief

- - -

I don't mind this principle, it's just my subjective impression on it. After all, it's Jason's decision how to design his game and he has to face the benefits and consequences of it.

#12 2019-04-05 09:56:09

PeaGirl

Amon wrote:

Ive had two eve camps die off. Well one was a second gen girl eve camp because i ran off.
Place was IDEAL and AMAZING.

Both places were teeming with milkweek yet my kid built a stone hoe and plant milkweed on my farm plots that I was preparing for the population surge. There was enough natural milkweed for 6 more ropes minimum and no pressure to get it, especially when milkweed grows fast and the drill n hatched done + 2 spare ropes left. We even had a small load of starting iron. Ugh. Nearby food source was not estabilished fast enough to curb some hunger for my camp-working children, both failed. The other's wild food situation was worse though.

Oh my god. That sounded like horrible hour.
I hope that milkweed farmer learned not to farm milkweed when there is naturally enough for mid-high tier tech.
carrot/berrybush farms should be the second thing to do after bowls/plates almost immediately, yet some don't understand such fully. Let time teach them, I wasn't born good either, needed to learn things from worst situations.
Not to forget this seed update, which will likely give additional challenge for beginning Eve camps and mid tiers, when seeds need to be on tilled soil or in bowl else it decays.
But better that than towns full of rose hip seeds.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#13 2019-04-05 10:04:24

Deleted User

PeaGirl wrote:
Fniux wrote:

Reason I've tried to be as positive yet very vigilant as possible.
No matter how sweet players often are, you would never know the full story once you don't see them in screen.
I've seen kinds players behave well and RP peacefully, yet still take tools and hide them far away where villagers would not see it, and despite warnings, people would not defend your case considering the possible thief was very kind, possibly even contributing person, if contributing and later on stealing would make any sense... it would not to me within 60 minutes, not really.
The times when I was checking on my family, yesterday (sorry my narcism, hehe), but there was really efficient anti-griefing campaign going on. People shared opinions about others suspicious behavior and explained what should be done to punish evildoers.
Yet griefers didn't really stop. Ones that are harder to track and stop are the tool thiefs, whom I consider the most cowardly action, since it is risk-free, and you likely never get caught unless someone catches your name in their memory.

Yeah, mischievousness is very subtle and according to some experience reports by other players, it gained complexity the last months.

Speaking of tool thieves, I got a story right from your Pea town! I built a fence and were gathering shafts with my cart, when suddenly some woman arrived and stood right behind me, speechless. Because the situation was kind of fishy, I quickly used the adze on my shafts to not get them stolen. When I got to the old sheep pen to get adobe, I suddenly noticed that one of the fence kits disappeared. "Odd", I thought, and brought another adobe ball when the second fence kit was missing. I then hid behind a tree and observed the situation: This woman was silently waiting for ten seconds and then dragged the fence kits right into the jungle northwest. I confronted her but she remained entirely unimpressed and even stole my last kit. What I did was instant karma: Ran to the crowd at the fire, explained to the people what happened and two guys suggested to kill her, which I really accepted. We then caught her in the jungle, haunted her a short time and two people stabbed her at once. She died a quick death and all I said was "Die, moron!" with a devious grin. Sometimes revenge can be bittersweet!

#14 2019-04-05 10:23:54

Amon

Yeah is was horrendous, worse it. It was the 'wild lasso' update so there were literaly wild ropes in the deserts lol to rub salt into the wound.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#15 2019-04-05 13:33:43

Villas

breezeknight wrote:

- - -

I don’t think suiciding when there is no girl is worse than killing people, kidnapping babies and hiding tools. Why would someone wastes their time working on a village where there is no girl? It’s much better to born in another village where people will enjoy your hard work (even you in the future), unless there is a town nearby, what is really hard to happen.
Anyway, suiciding, even when there are girls (unless you are the last girl) is not worse than griefing, in my opinion.

#16 2019-04-05 18:08:23

Chimera

I suicide when there's no girl. What's the point of building a village if there's no one there to enjoy it?

#17 2019-04-05 18:19:53

Turnipseed

Worst thingnin an eve camp is a daughter that keeps every child. Bones everywhere and no food

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#18 2019-04-05 18:52:06

breezeknight

Chimera wrote:

I suicide when there's no girl. What's the point of building a village if there's no one there to enjoy it?

Eves spawn often in or near previous settlements
how about improving the camp for that potential Eve ?

#19 2019-04-05 19:31:23

DestinyCall

It is just the worst feeling when you find the perfect spot, get everything going just right, have a couple of kids, build up a small camp, start to get old and decide to relax a little before you die.... then you notice that the all girls died while gathering and you are alone :-(

Or in a more advanced town, you spend your whole life working on compost and making clothes or buckets or carts or whatever, building roads, constructing houses, cooking pies or stew.   And when you finally stop to catch your breath, the lack of any babies or young children suddenly hits you like a hammer.  It is such a sad thing ... to be last person left standing in a once thriving village.   To bury everyone you ever knew, because there is no point saving the shovel uses.

#20 2019-04-05 19:38:50

Chimera

breezeknight wrote:
Chimera wrote:

That is not my job. I'm about the family I'm currently with, not some lone eve that might pop up near the ruins of our city.

#21 2019-04-05 21:58:50

Sukallinen

JonySky wrote:

great bloodlines are extinguished by players who decide to commit suicide without waiting for a name and find out if they are the last women of the lineage

Hi, never found if small bro found another camp with cartful of food, looks like not... Anyhow town was left waiting, no eve wandered into town at my watch...
Jina Milk

Last edited by Sukallinen (2019-04-05 22:12:53)

#22 2019-04-05 23:40:31

breezeknight

i played right now in a fairly beginner settlement, i was born fourth gen male
my ma had then one daughter, that one had again one daughter
so everything seemed so far going ok, the only problem was lots of things to do & not enough hands to do it

the berry farm needed improvement, there was no carrot farm, no sheep either
iron was scarce & had to be collected, we had not enough clothes as well, only one backpack, my sister got that backpack
the only thing that was really in sheer abundance was eggs, there was like thirty ponds around, literally, so overflown with eggs
we had not even an oven cause one could easily live from all the omeletts

while i was smithing the second shovel & hoe, my sister all of sudden dropped dead
then my ma gets really old & the niece grabs all clothes, backpack also & says, she's going to leave "this shithole", her words
then asks me, if i am going to be ok, what did she mean by that ? i am alone, ma dead by now & the girl is just leaving,
no idea to what end, since she could have been doing anything she wanted in "that shithole"

spoiled inexperienced brat
if i didn't have my curse token already wasted on another griefer before i would have cursed her, ce la vie hmm

i worked then to improve the berry farm further till i dropped dead at 60

btw that brat died soon after she left, of course, was clearly to be expected
if a player is as inexperienced as to leave a good place like that then the death by mistake is just around the corner lol

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4008246

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-05 23:47:39)

#23 2019-04-06 00:04:05

Villas

breezeknight wrote:
Chimera wrote:

An Eve may find it or not. It’s not certain.
How about helping another town, with fertile girls?
I think helping an alive town/camp is much better than work alone in a dead place hoping someone will find it one day, in my opinion it’s too boring and most of the time doesn’t worth the effort, since there is a high chance of no one finding it.

#24 2019-04-06 00:21:02

Deleted User

Two hundred tiles are a lot in this game. It's quite unprobable you find a settlement from scratch without zoom mod and focus on settlement traces like eaten bananas, lack of iron, bones or even chopped trees.

#25 2019-04-06 02:51:15

The_Anabaptist

I actually like tidying up camp after the last female dies.  I plant lots of milkweed, I turn any iron ingots into steel ingots, I build a horse hitch and gather backpacks and baskets filled with important tools and clothes around it.  I like to imagine a rider will come thru and collect it, or another Eve will stumble across it.

The_Anabaptist

Board footer