One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-31 17:44:54

futurebird

I never believed that people stabbed others by accident.

But, I just did. I was trying to give the knife back. Tried to set it at her feet. RIP. Someone killed me for being a "murderer" and I would not have minded but I was one of the few fertile women left so I felt bad for the town.

So, confirmed by me at least, accidental stabbings do happen.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-31 17:45:56

futurebird

Re: I never believed that people stabbed others by accident.

---
omnem cibum costis

#3 2019-03-31 17:47:32

pein

welp i never believe that they deserve a knife after it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-03-31 17:59:45

futurebird

OK  that was rude.

---
omnem cibum costis

#5 2019-03-31 18:05:36

Whatever

one time i accidentally shot a girl. I was trying to kill a griefing woman but the girl was walking on the same tile as the woman.

#6 2019-03-31 18:14:16

DestinyCall

I accidentally stabbed someone once.  I was stacking firewood by the fire.  I had a cart full of firewood and there were several people around the fire - women, children, and an elderly man who was giving away his clothes to the kids since he was about to turn sixty.   I was piling the wood on an occupied tile while zoomed out.   I must have accidentally clicked on my backpack instead of the cart, because when I clicked to set down the wood, I stabbed the old man with a knife I had picked up a few minutes earlier and put away in my pack "for safety".  Oh the irony.

I apologized sincerely and no one cursed me, but I just felt awful about it.  It was a genuine accident.  Just really stupid of me.   At least I didn't kill a kid or a woman - I don't think we had any medical supplies.   On the upside, a random lady walked up and asked if my "victim" wanted to bang while he bled out.  I assume she must have been working on karltown's list.  So at least I can hope that the elder died happy and someone was able to benefit from my mistake.   You know what they say, when life gives you lemons ... bang the lemons.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-03-31 18:16:17)

#7 2019-03-31 18:22:54

pein

lol that happened to me once, i was juggling pies, and hurried to feed someone and i got the knife out not the 3 pies and i was already thinking it's pie so clicked already before realizing it's a knife

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-03-31 18:43:17

DestinyCall

Heehee .. yeah.  The funniest part is that I had literally picked up the knife a few seconds earlier - I think the old man may have put it down while disrobing.   And I remember thinking .. "Oh I better put this away.  Wouldn't want someone to get stabbed by accident!"

Yeah ......   >.>

#9 2019-03-31 20:37:27

OminousBladeBlank

Sometimes I pretend to be a noob, spam RC a cut turkey and wait for someone to walk on it. "SORRY!!!!" no curses.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#10 2019-03-31 21:57:57

Mushroom

Oh man... one time I had a triple kill strike in one life, one after another.
The first one was a griefing old woman, who brought the bear to the village, this one was on purpose as you probably guessed.
Then, there was this guy, who didn't see what happened and accused me of being a murderer. I explained him the situation but still didn't gain his trust - he wanted me to put the knife down for safety after the cooldown is over. We were standing in a small sheep pen, that was full of dead lambs, dead bodies and other clutter and he demanded me to throw the knife away. So I did. This was really dumb of me... but I wanted to put the weapon down ASAP so he doesn't curse me, so I waited few seconds for the closest sheep to move to other tile so it makes space for me. It did, and I quickly clicked the free tile... with the guy standing on it. I was to confused looking at the sheep and stabbed him xD
Of course he cursed me and ran away just to die screaming around I was a griefer.
The third one was hillarious though - there was a girl who saw all the thing, but she let me explain myself that it was an accident (she belived me for some reason lol) and then I left the pen (I was still on my cooldown) and I started spamming that bloody knife onto the empty tile to get rid of that cursed thing. It looked like I was banging this tile so must've been funny to watch. The girl watched, then came closer, then FUCKING STOOD ON THAT TILE I WAS SPAMMING WITH KNIFE JUST ON TIME TO BE STABBED!
Just imagine what we felt then.
She knew it was her fault so she apologized, but she also was the last fertile woman. I didn't even feel bad after that, it was really funny after all.

Dickbutt

#11 2019-03-31 23:55:02

Averest

I stabbed someone accidentally once. Ever since then I yell CLEAR! when I'm cutting bread or any other knife thing near people.

Last edited by Averest (2019-03-31 23:55:29)

#12 2019-04-01 00:24:28

Lotus

I find that new players or people trying to stab a griefer sometimes end up killing a bystander by accident.

#13 2019-04-01 02:01:12

Digital_Anna

Well i did it once when the knife first came out. I just started playing then.. i thought it would be safer if i place the knife at the other persons feet. So i was like
"hey can i give you the knife i don't know how to use it and don't want to keep it"
"sure thing!"
Proceed to stab the person..... fail... In my defense I did say i didn't know how to use it...

Be nice, English isn't my first language.

#14 2019-04-01 06:12:30

Lexyvil

I accidentally killed the only princess of my village. She was the village's only hope as her and I were the last women, and I stabbed her to demonstrate how healing pads worked, but that ended up killing us both: I forgot that we can't patch someone after stabbing. We both died, I from hunger and her from bleeding.
http://prntscr.com/n5po1s

Last edited by Lexyvil (2019-04-01 06:12:42)

#15 2019-04-01 07:35:41

pein

today was a funny/annoying one, funny cause what happened, annoying in the greater scheme of things
dunno, stabs are always funny to me

basically i made a mom stab her own girl by accident

so i was in Bear family
mom in red clothes but we have only axe no hammer, no bellows nothing
i made pack and started farming ,then tools then other stuff, kids kept coming nobody help shit etc etc.
i was mad at old woman cause tilling 1 soil for milkweed on a gen 3 level camp, while we got plenty around us and she breaks the brand new hoe
told her get more soil and stack it, she quit cause who am i to teach her? fed her for the first 20 min and did everything
other chick quit too cause i told her what happened and maybe she misunderstood, not sure, maybe starved
then i checked stdout when we died out, to see that there is a town South, 700 tiles totally doable
i died to yellow fewer, kinda half way

next life Bear again, South town
got a il girl and we walked to NW town
then we walked to north, she had 2 kids, boys (we left some girls on other town)
then she had 2 girls, SID we were so close
then she went old , couldn't revive city
but we had fun

third life i born NW, already knew that from last visit
would have gone anyway but i found pack and invited a readhead girl
halfway trough told her is straight east 400 tiles
she started rushing and ran into a boar
i was like 20 that time
plan change, i went south to my last birth location

asked a girl, she wanted the pack i got back but she didn't wanted leave
then i found a fully geared toddler and asked her
i ask her mom too she said no but i was in hurry, getting older, wanted to set the camp straight
but kid sayd yes, i told her mom that they got another girl and a girl kid 3 is enough for them

i was stashing up pies, and we went on our way
told her to say f if needed
we stopped near a bush at end of swamp
her mom ran after us taking out her knife

THEN I SEE SHE HAS bloody weapon
but i already seen her, i dodged around , wanted to grab kid then i seen kid jump
then i seen SHE STABBED HER OWN KID
was so shocking
i thought she stab me somehow but then i was walking normal pace
then i was thinking how dumb she is, but then cursed me so i stabbed her ass and went back and 5 others cursed her when i told she killed the little girl
i tried to take the kid home to have it patched up but she jumped to stay with her mom
then i met Kyrie from discord, a young boy, we planted like 16 milkweed made lassos, he got horse
i took another lil girl, the other chick had 3 girl kids in a row
this one wasn't clothed and agreed to come with me, soon she had full gear thanks to my map knowledge
and took her all the way up to other city
she was like 10 when we arrived to old camp
tried to cook a goose but she made 3 big fires instead big_smile
so i couldn't cook a goose and starved at 58

Kyrie found them and i think he managed to make file and saw, they had no pen but the farm was ok and i had a coordinate for a vein (much closer to NW town)
so eventually it was bit stressful to live 120 min to get a girl over there but done it, was quite shocking

#16 2019-04-01 13:46:15

futurebird

Lexyvil wrote:

I accidentally killed the only princess of my village. She was the village's only hope as her and I were the last women, and I stabbed her to demonstrate how healing pads worked, but that ended up killing us both: I forgot that we can't patch someone after stabbing. We both died, I from hunger and her from bleeding.
http://prntscr.com/n5po1s

This is amazing and horrible!

---
omnem cibum costis

#17 2019-04-01 15:53:50

MultiLife

Oh my gosh, I just got flashbacks. I, too, stabbed someone accidentally.
I wasn't even a new player at that time;
I was old, the curly blonde lady, chilling with my cousin (first or second or so) who was about to die to old age in few minutes. We reflected on our lives and I made sure to thank him for his work. He had been doing great and was a big help to me and the town, a real bro. He had finally finished his life work and was talking about how he's just gonna chill until the end. Then some kids started running around us, one trying to kill the other. They kept dodging, shouting, stabbing items, dropping weapons and grabbing the dropped weapons from one another. I stayed put with my cousin and kept an eye on them and their behavior to determine which may be the real rotten apple here. I decided that next time the chased one runs near me I will stab them. The weapon wielding person was only after this one character, so I suspected the one being chased is more likely to be the issue here. The weapon kid could've stabbed an easier target if they were the real problem.
Then, the kid I suspected to be the problem ran near me, so I take a swing at her with my knife-- stab lands, ON MY OLD COUSIN. This poor raisin of a man drops his little popcorn bowl, and I start gushing out apologies to him. I hoped he'd die to Old Age first so my stab wouldn't count. He was chill about it, and I stuck next to him until he died. Nobody killed me nor fed me for that matter, I kinda wanted to just starve, but got out of the cooldown and lived to Old Age for him.

I think he got Old Age death though. Would take some effort to find this life from my folder of lives and screenshots, but I could.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#18 2019-04-01 22:08:37

Starknight_One

This - this is why I don't like taking jobs that require a knife. And I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've used one in-game.

#19 2019-04-02 18:52:27

PeaGirl

Might need a new mouse if you fail to work with knifes even in bakery.
It would make it lot worse if you're trusted and no one will dodge you space when you slicing those mangoes or bread.
Blessing is, that characters were designed to be half stick figurines. I hope future games that imitate this knife franchise remember to have small feeted characters. Exception being cringy gnomes of world of warcraft poking with knifes of total destruction. o:)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#20 2019-04-02 22:29:10

Starknight_One

PeaGirl wrote:

Might need a new mouse if you fail to work with knifes even in bakery.
It would make it lot worse if you're trusted and no one will dodge you space when you slicing those mangoes or bread.
Blessing is, that characters were designed to be half stick figurines. I hope future games that imitate this knife franchise remember to have small feeted characters. Exception being cringy gnomes of world of warcraft poking with knifes of total destruction. o:)

I've done it before, but I won't make bread if anyone insists on helping me in the bakery. I just make more pies.

Board footer