One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-29 00:21:24

Averest

First ice cream, now Tomatoes, Hot Peppers, Shrimp and vinegar?

These are some odd cravings.

#2 2019-03-29 00:30:52

Spoonwood

Re: First ice cream, now Tomatoes, Hot Peppers, Shrimp and vinegar?

I'm not seeing how tomatoes, peppers, and vinegar turn into food via onetech at the moment.  Cooked shrimp gives you 11 pips maximum, excluding yum pips, and needs cooked over hot coals.  It requires a net which needs a big ball of yarn to make.  But, does it require only one net to get multiple shrimp?

Tomatoes and peppers will be native to a jungle.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-03-29 00:45:17

Starknight_One

Mmmm.... salsa. And Shrimp Diablo. smile

EDIT to add: A new use for corn tortillas - cut with a knife before cooking to make corn chips. It goes well with the aforementioned salsa. wink

Last edited by Starknight_One (2019-03-29 00:47:29)

#4 2019-03-29 00:56:04

futurebird

Any non food tech in the update?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-03-29 01:12:19

Spoonwood

futurebird wrote:

Yes.  Doors with springs that shut automatically (at least if they work as intended).

Danish Clinch.

#6 2019-03-29 01:21:48

Grim_Arbiter

Spoonwood wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Yes.  Doors with springs that shut automatically (at least if they work as intended).

Also part of the sugar cane processing gives fire material.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2019-03-29 01:25:27

GreatShawn

there's vinager? didn't see that on onetech

#8 2019-03-29 02:01:29

antking:]#

no, no.... I'm sadly allergic to shell fish! when you see me playing I will refuse to eat that shrimp no mater what... probably say its against my religion or something of the sort....

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#9 2019-03-29 04:02:12

Spoonwood

GreatShawn wrote:

there's vinager? didn't see that on onetech

Here's the link: https://edge.onetech.info/2799-Bowl-of-Vinegar

Danish Clinch.

#10 2019-03-29 04:37:44

w0wma

FOODFOODFOODFOODFOOD

#11 2019-03-29 04:54:23

Whatever

I dont want to complain about more stuff. But why do we need so many different food items.
I still dont know how to make all the foods that are currently in the game. tongue
I want programmable killer robots !

#12 2019-03-29 04:58:01

Oblong

If Jason’s going to make this foodstuff just for a hot-cold food gimmick, might as well rework potatoes too.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#13 2019-03-29 05:20:21

Tarr
Banned

Whatever wrote:

I dont want to complain about more stuff. But why do we need so many different food items.
I still dont know how to make all the foods that are currently in the game. tongue
I want programmable killer robots !

Like 90% of this game is all related to food stuff. Jason only did food stuff for a pretty long period of time which led to people asking for higher tech which led to the water pumps, cars, planes and radios. However, because this is all generally late game stuff a majority of players either don't care to do it or can't do it which leaves them without content (like we were when there was only food updates.) Generally speaking when he does food right like how this update is looking then more people get content they can wrap their hands around.

Oblong wrote:

If Jason’s going to make this foodstuff just for a hot-cold food gimmick, might as well rework potatoes too.

Jason hates potatoes so they aren't very likely to ever get fixed seeing as he has nerfed them twice lel. Hot-cold food gimmick seemed like a good idea and honestly so far from the looks cold food is only going to be a thing you feed people with yellow fever and until hot food is posted up on github it's anyone's guess whether or not it'll be good to make.

Hot food has a lot of potential upsides depending on whether or not Eve can make it, it's total pip value, heat added, and ease of production. Hot foods might just potentially be better than buildings.

fug it’s Tarr.

#14 2019-03-29 05:34:10

Baker

I like cooking and farming content, It's something that's accessible to pretty much everybody. Dif foods will always be useful for yum at the very least and also to spice up towns a little.

Potatoes are only hated because of they use up so much of the shovel, If not for that I'd have kids eat them instead of pies.

My inner chef is satisfied.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#15 2019-03-29 09:22:25

breezeknight

i am not against more food
but civilization should be really more than a food simulator hmm

there are so many areas missing in OHOL, so why more food food food ?
it's boring, because it's the same in new clothes

sorry Jason, but i don't like it

so far the only announced new stuff that's really useful are those spring doors, is a pain in butt to use doors now
i just wonder if we can add such spring doors to a sheep pen & if sheep get through it as well or not,
cause open gates in a sheep pen is a popular griefing method

- - -

#16 2019-03-29 10:16:27

Anandamide

But food, in relative abundance is the basis of civilization. As we get more foods, yum becomes an even more powerful food saving mechanic. Instead of having to eat raw, domestic food and wild, non-renewable food, you could soon do a whole life yum chain entirely on a mixture of simple and complex cooked foods(you can now but, you need basically all the cooked food, whereas soon there will be more food types than needed). Having more kinds of food also creates less strain on individual ingredients, and requires more farm plots(potentially in different spots) increasing the effort needed to grief the whole farm. Shrimp is stored on skewers and not plates, which is super exciting, grow able food storage anyone? Once the plates are covered in pie, and there are vats of stew and turkey broth, we normally stop producing more food save for watering the bushes and carrots. Back to more yum sources, when the number of foods outstrips your ability to eat different foods in a lifetime(save for inefficient eating), the mental burden of finding yum goes down. If you need to eat all the foods available, its harder than if you have twice the number of foods than you would need to yum your whole life. Elder productivity could skyrocket, and could even begin passing on their clothes at like 50 because they have more extra pips than they could use naked in those 10 minutes.

#17 2019-03-29 14:41:11

Booklat1

Tarr wrote:

Hot foods might just potentially be better than buildings.

This is pretty much the reason why I'm scared of this update. Buildings were among Jason's original design but never mattered, if hot food makes this any worse it might be an issue hard to solve.

edit to make it clear that I love this update's idea, but it seems like adding silly stuff onto an yet unfinished mechanic

Last edited by Booklat1 (2019-03-29 14:43:21)

#18 2019-03-29 18:42:01

Amon

My heart skipped a beat when I saw vinegar but I instantly got disapointed when I saw the source.

NGL having more trees for dedicated orchards would have been more lovely imo hmm Say, apples, sliced apples, dried apple slices, apple juice, apple pie, apple cider and vinegar, salads??

Glad to get tomatos finally though, I wonder what all foodstuff we get, it's gonnab e good one way or another if you like being a cook here. Maybe we'll get cake? We got sugar, eggs, milk, flour...

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#19 2019-03-29 21:12:57

Potjeh

Can we get alcohol as "food" that gives warmth but doesn't give pips and doesn't break yum chain?

#20 2019-03-29 22:49:18

w0wma

Potjeh wrote:

Can we get alcohol as "food" that gives warmth but doesn't give pips and doesn't break yum chain?

this could solve the potato problem, and if you drink too much of the alcohol you could possibly get really sick then die. (alcohol poisoning)

Board footer