One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-18 03:33:20

connectornz

I'm completely unable to talk

Hi guys,

New user on the forums and sorry to say my first post is going to be a bug report sad

Basically, I'm unable to talk. At All. The Enter key simply doesn't bring up the speech dialog.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice and it hasn't fixed it. I'm on the current version and the game plays fine.

Everyone else in-game is talking just fine.

My Enter key works fine, mechanically, as you can see from me typing here.

The game even seems to recognize I'm pressing it, as when I hit quit, I can then press Enter and it exits the quit dialog.

I'm well aware that babies can't talk much when they're born - this is not that. It just won't let me talk, at all, even as an adult.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas for a fix?

Much appreciated smile

Last edited by connectornz (2019-03-18 03:33:46)

#2 2019-03-18 04:31:10

Starknight_One

Re: I'm completely unable to talk

connectornz wrote:

Hi guys,

New user on the forums and sorry to say my first post is going to be a bug report sad

Basically, I'm unable to talk. At All. The Enter key simply doesn't bring up the speech dialog.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice and it hasn't fixed it. I'm on the current version and the game plays fine.

Everyone else in-game is talking just fine.

My Enter key works fine, mechanically, as you can see from me typing here.

The game even seems to recognize I'm pressing it, as when I hit quit, I can then press Enter and it exits the quit dialog.

I'm well aware that babies can't talk much when they're born - this is not that. It just won't let me talk, at all, even as an adult.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas for a fix?

Much appreciated smile

Someone had reported this happening, and pressing the up arrow key on their keyboard cleared it for that life. So he had to do it each life, but there was a workaround. Perhaps the same key (or a similar one) might do the same for you.

#3 2019-03-18 06:04:10

connectornz

Thanks so much Starknight!

I can confirm that pressing up arrow seems to temporarily clear the bug. This will help - greatly smile

Side note - have really enjoyed this game over the last six months and keep coming back to it - cool to see the community that has built around it and active boards.

See you all in game smile

#4 2019-03-19 22:57:17

pein

are you sure having the right client?
happened to me on 65b client
otherwise works fine, i used it for vanilla look and for other testing and only happened there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer