a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-19 19:40:44

Booklat1

Re: i'm not the only one that thinks new update ain't that bad - youtube

Spoonwood wrote:
Twisted wrote:

As for that Eve video:

You don't want to focus on beans and corn as an Eve. Most people playing this game are fairly inexperienced and if you give them beans and corn they will just starve because they don't know how to turn them into food. Leave advanced foods for later, start with simple stuff

No.  The yum of your settlement is in principle lower or more difficult to obtain.  I don't know how many times I personally quit on a settlement, because I looked around and saw "this place only has berries and carrots.  They should have some other crops by now easily."  Also, so what if they are inexperienced?  Teach them to eat or cook those foods.  It's not that difficult.  Corn is simple!  Pick it off the vine.  Then cut it with a sharp stone or flint chip and eat it.  Green beans aren't really more difficult than carrots.  Just use a clay bowl in time instead of your hand.  Also, someone elsewhere is now saying that they have problems with corn drying out.  Additionally, corn takes 4 minutes to grow.  Moving corn is not difficult.  Berries take 12 minutes to grow.  Moving berry bushes is difficult.

Biggest bullshit i heard all day. corn makes 15 food less than carrpts and beans 11 less. beans also make less seeds. these are the worst foods in the game. berries make same as carrots without using hoe so your base source of foods is berries with carrots only mixed for growth speed\getting sheep. much better strat than wasting soil and rnning around telling people to eat beans and finding onions. if you want food fast the best is carrots, resources considered. making corn and no popcorn here is also absurd as popcorn is 48 per crop.

#27 2019-02-19 22:23:16

Reblab
New User

Re: i'm not the only one that thinks new update ain't that bad - youtube

Well I think it's nice to tell your family that "we did good!" to cheer them and give them some kind of positive motivation, also if it wasn't the most productive eve-run in history. What is wrong with that?
And also, there is no right way of eve-running, there's a ton of ways, and even more opinions on how to do so.

I did play as an Eve in the new update, and yes it was more cold than before. But i did manage to make an axe, shovel and a hoe as the last thing before I died. At that time I had only one living granddaughter left, and she seemed like a good player just like her mom who made the farm (-but died to a snake). I don't consider myself pro at any means, but I'm allright and I know most of the tech-tree just not oil, cars, machines and planes tho'. I really don't think that the update made any change to my eve-run other than I did focus on rabbits for clothes, which i'm used to send boys out doing. Did also collect more wild milkweeds and of course ate more wild berries and bananas.

I feel like Eve-runs really depends on your kids, and their skills. It's damn hard to teach a very new player while you are an Eve, cause your time is soo valuable, and I did kinda abandoned a very very new player when he could feed himself, but I just don't had the time for teachings.

So yeah if Twisted was a bad Eve-mom like me, who is only focusing on progression, and not on all my sweet babies (sorry kids!) he might had gotten iron and stuff early on. But if I was a nicer Eve-mom like Twisted, I might had like five grandkids instead of one lonely girl, and if she died, all my work was for nothing anyway.

Board footer