One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-19 18:04:03

Peremptive

Re: Is this game elitest, temp update definitely makes it feel that way?

fragilityh14 wrote:

it's not elitist for a game to be challenging. Stop being babies. The fun of the game is that it begins frantic and challenging. it should actually be difficult for an eve camp to survive.

Do any of you remember 25-30 years ago when it commonly actually took some effort to survive a game's first level?

hey, do hatchets break or not? please remind me.
All towns survive a few hours and die off. It is always frantic, not just for Eves. Play now, play 6 - 8 hours later, /die trying to get back to where you were before. You won't, you will Eve, because all those tows are dead.

btw, nobody lived on grasslands before so your next post is pointless. You could leave the village when you were older and making it naked in the cold was doable. You could go gather long shafts or milkweed. Plus wild grasslands would be full of food - now they are empty. Quite a few times before the update, when I was eveing as a noob, older players would tell me "it is too cold, no way we will make it here" and ctrl+del to the next place. Everyone is being forced to play at the locations where playing was impossible, with clothes being no more helpful than before.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-19 18:25:18)

#27 2019-02-19 18:21:12

Anandamide

Make another hatchet?

#28 2019-02-19 18:24:35

fragilityh14

yeah that's my bad because i've never seen a hatchet break in the last 20 hours of playing since i came back. A decent camp has an iron ax before you chop wood 41 times, so why does this even matter?

And have you been looking at the damn lineage server? family lines are ABSOLUTELY surviving

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-02-19 18:25:05)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#29 2019-02-19 18:26:04

Falsewall

FlyingAboo wrote:

So basically what should be done in any early access phase?  Some people didn't get this game to constantly have to re-learn the meta to keep the elitists happy.  Its not like this game is played by thousands of people, with a wealth of knowledge.

There is parts of the tech trees that could literally be considered griefing if you built or farmed them.  Pine walls, 1/3 of the walls we can build is a good example.  Something that is so obviously broken.  This update does not provide any more motivation to build that tier of structure. With even more need for milkweed to be used wisely it has even less place than it did before.

We literally had nearly 0 reason to build structures with their resource usage, other than rp & organizing. Jason triages issues & tends to leave redundant things unfixed ( pork anyone?).  Wait a week or two for balancing updates that I guarantee are coming next and come back then.  Bet you early housing recipe will be fixed.

Last edited by Falsewall (2019-02-19 18:36:50)

#30 2019-02-19 18:33:12

Peremptive

fragilityh14 wrote:

yeah that's my bad because i've never seen a hatchet break in the last 20 hours of playing since i came back. A decent camp has an iron ax before you chop wood 41 times, so why does this even matter?
And have you been looking at the damn lineage server? family lines are ABSOLUTELY surviving

it matters because an eve needs kindling for her kids not to die. you also need thread to clothe everyone, usually three per person. so hatchets keep breaking and there is no milkweed for either clothes or hatchets. If you think people get steel tools in one generation since the update you are just proving what not knowing that hatchets break suggests.

Look at the "damn lineage" server. Then look at the line in my signature for how big gen 30 villages were until recently. Now "gen 78" families have 6-7 people. The cities keep starving, some people manage to survive, because they stash food or forage. With cities being based around many wild berry bushes, you can keep sustaining a small number of people long term - those who had an opportunity to scout or have the mod. Until RNG gods decide that your bushes don't spawn any berries for a while, that is. Or until all the wild soil, wheat and water propping up the settlement run out.

As for houses / fires becoming better and deserts being too hospitable, I don't disagree. I do disagree with the implementation. People didn't stand on desert/swamp borders their whole life before, they mostly stood in desert because it was medium warmth, compared to grasslands being quite cold. What if settling in grass+savanna+swamp became as good as settling on biome borders, instead of completely nerfing the only way that settlements managed to work up to now, with a small desert nerf? For example make deserts as bad as grasslands. Make clothes really valuable by helping against all terrains. Why kill off jungles completely, when villages in jungles were unsuccessful and not the norm up to now?

Any of these steps could have been taken slowly, one by one. He could have made a 3-4 step update plan that took the game towards its current state, with testing along the way. No, fuck it. Just wreck everything, and if you walk on warm-cold-warm-cold have them die in a few seconds, despite the map having tiles spawning like that all over the place. By the way, don't mention temp shock anywhere but the discord. Amazing.

You can stop a dog barking by petting it or taking a shotgun to its temple. This update is the latter.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-19 18:48:41)

#31 2019-02-19 18:49:31

FlyingAboo

Falsewall wrote:

We literally had nearly 0 reason to build structures with their resource usage, other than rp & organizing. Jason triages issues & tends to leave redundant things unfixed ( pork anyone?).  Wait a week or two for balancing updates that I guarantee are coming next and come back then.  Bet you early housing recipe will be fixed.

But the reason for building structures hasn't changed, that remains the same.  Structures always provided insulation, they always required the doors to be closed to do so.  Like you say, the cost of making them wasn't worth the reward.  So instead of making them more rewarding and balanced, he has made everything else more harsh.

If what you say holds any truth then why release a half baked system that doesn't have the content to back it up?  This surely doesn't seem logical to do this on the live game servers, forcing every player that uses the official servers to just live with it till it gets better.  People don't hang around for long, most don't reach out and continue to follow the situation, they just move on to another game.

#32 2019-02-19 18:55:02

Falsewall

FlyingAboo wrote:
Falsewall wrote:

But the reason for building structures hasn't changed, that remains the same.  Structures always provided insulation, they always required the doors to be closed to do so.  Like you say, the cost of making them wasn't worth the reward.  So instead of making them more rewarding and balanced, he has made everything else more harsh.

If what you say holds any truth then why release a half baked system that doesn't have the content to back it up?  This surely doesn't seem logical to do this on the live game servers, forcing every player that uses the official servers to just live with it till it gets better.  People don't hang around for long, most don't reach out and continue to follow the situation, they just move on to another game.

He needs to see how the system holds up before making recipe alterations & temp tweaks.  We never had an environment like we have now after the update. We can wait a few weeks of giving data to him.

Honestly though I am having 0 problems with the update.  Getting cloths is now more rewarding and aside from mountains of bones blocking out the sun, the villages I am born into seem to live on pretty well.

Last edited by Falsewall (2019-02-19 19:07:09)

#33 2019-02-19 18:57:56

Anandamide

FlyingAboo wrote:
Falsewall wrote:

But no? The reason actually has changed. The way they provide insulation has changed, and its actually worth your time even to just spam floors all around camp. Before they were mostly decorative, and to create walls of sorts around the various workstations  to keep stuff clear on where it goes. Having floors surround a fire without walls will still create a zone of non negligible warmth, and if you did get to that point its because you already have clothes, compounding the effect. Walls do not need to completely surround a space, and if some are at the boundaries of your 8x8 space, they will keep it slightly warmer. Before there was no reason because temp was not compelling enough to sacrifice the resource of time on that task vs other tasks. Now its a must to create some insulative structure.

#34 2019-02-19 19:02:43

fragilityh14

I was born into a functioning village with like 15 people in one place since the update, and the village did great my whole 60 year life.

Talented kids can get an axe way before 41 kindling uses. I've made it there without clothing my children. My last Eve camp seriously had an axe within 35 years.

Rabbit hunting should be a major early task, crucial to survival, as is milkweed gathering. Make a basket, carry food, gather things. This is crucially important in early game.

I've been telling my wife, who hasn't played the game since April, about this ridiculous dispute [and she was never there for the "naked in the desert" meta] and her comment is, "It's a survival game, it isn't the Sims"

Exactly.

Listen to your mom!

#35 2019-02-19 19:13:16

Spoonwood

fragilityh14 wrote:

it's not elitist for a game to be challenging. Stop being babies. The fun of the game is that it begins frantic and challenging. it should actually be difficult for an eve camp to survive.

Do any of you remember 25-30 years ago when it commonly actually took some effort to survive a game's first level?

Yes, I do games from that time period.  I'm 39, and played video games as a child.  I still think that heating the jungle to the degree it has gotten heated as not warranted, and elitist channeling people into a way of playing a game with clothes (and clothes STILL come as dangerous if you get bit by mosquitoes).  Have you ever pinned a dozen or so mosquitoes down to a corner and then entombed them using the old game mechanics?  If you haven't, maybe you haven't experienced some challenge that use to make sense in the game.  But now, doing such doesn't make much sense.  See what the change in mechanics did?  They made it so that one challenge didn't make any sense to tackle anymore. 

Also, it is NOT difficult for an Eve camp to survive.  Just go on a low population server, don't take children and Eve chain.  So, no, there is no 'should' here.  Not on all public servers.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-02-19 19:14:52)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#36 2019-02-19 19:18:09

FlyingAboo

fragilityh14 wrote:

I've been telling my wife, who hasn't played the game since April, about this ridiculous dispute [and she was never there for the "naked in the desert" meta] and her comment is, "It's a survival game, it isn't the Sims"

Exactly.

Sims is just short for simulations and this is a simulation game, even says it on its Steam genre.  It is a civilisation building game also which it seems to be failing at since everyone is back at the stone age trying to figure out what is going on.

#37 2019-02-19 19:19:16

Falsewall

Spoonwood wrote:

Yes, I do games from that time period.  I'm 39, and played video games as a child.  I still think that heating the jungle to the degree it has gotten heated as not warranted, and elitist channeling people into a way of playing a game with clothes (and clothes STILL come as dangerous if you get bit by mosquitoes).  Have you ever pinned a dozen or so mosquitoes down to a corner and then entombed them using the old game mechanics?  If you haven't, maybe you haven't experienced some challenge that use to make sense in the game.  But now, doing such doesn't make much sense.  See what the change in mechanics did?  They made it so that one challenge didn't make any sense to tackle anymore. 

Also, it is NOT difficult for an Eve camp to survive.  Just go on a low population server, don't take children and Eve chain.  So, no, there is no 'should' here.  Not on all public servers.

Just FYI.  As long as your not stuck in the jungle biome, you can survive fully clothed a misquito bite with 1 pip left.

#38 2019-02-19 19:19:19

JoshuaN

If people made compost more efficiently we'd all be a lot less hungry. Clothing your village and not overpopulating helps too.

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

#39 2019-02-19 19:25:27

BlueDiamondAvatar

So to start with, I just want to say, I think you are correct - this game is elitist.  I've reached what I call "expert amateur" level. I know enough of the tech tree and the quirks to be useful, but I'll never have an easy time surviving, and I haven't lived past 35 since the update.  I am never going to be a pro.

And I've been active in the community long enough that I have zero hope that Jason will roll back any of the temperature changes.  When Jason has decided he likes the way something is working, no amount of uproar from the casual player base is going to change his mind.  The grumbling about this update isn't even at an unusually loud level, IMHO.  He listens to Tarr, Crazy Eddie, and a handful of the other "pro" players.  Jason doesn't even listen to Twisted's opinion all that much, because Twisted is a great RP player, not a pro.

Depressed yet?  Here's the good news.   The OHOL code is open source.  The flaws in Jason's one-man rollout style and development philosophy can easily be fixed by a development TEAM, especially if they aim at creating a version of OHOL for the casual player.  Jason has already shown a great deal of tolerance for people working on derivative games, like the mobile version.  I've got a Word Doc listing all the changes I would make...but I'm not a programmer.  On the other hand, I'm sure I'm not the only one keeping a list. 

But other than the simple mobile port, folks will probably want to wait until Jason is actually DONE writing the code.  That seems to have been what doomed the "Two Hours One Life" server and community.  So wait a couple of years.  A version of OHOL that is friendly to the casual player is sure to pop up.

FlyingAboo wrote:

What source of information are people using to justify Eve survival, productivity and any other stats that might indicate the rate of failure for Eve camps?

There's a forum thread where Thundersen analyzed the publicly available "life logs" to graph the duration of lineages on the active servers.  The takeaway I remember is that 90% of Eve starts reach the point where they have no more fertile females *less than an hour* from the time they start.  Even though the temp update is brutal on our quality of play - I can't imagine this statistic getting significantly worse than it already was.  This is a HARD game.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4886

I'm pretty sure that what it comes down to is this - you have a ten percent chance of a pro either being your eve or an eve's child.  If that happens your line survives.  That's how it was, that's how it is.  Either you make your peace with that, or you don't play.

This post comes to you with much love for Nepumuk and Michie.  They are pros.  If I hadn't done Eve starts with them (as triplets and quads), I would not have nearly as much experience with what makes an Eve start work.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#40 2019-02-19 19:38:13

Peremptive

BlueDiamondAvatar wrote:

I'm pretty sure that what it comes down to is this - you have a ten percent chance of a pro either being your eve or an eve's child.  If that happens your line survives.  That's how it was, that's how it is.  Either you make your peace with that, or you don't play.

eve starts have always been difficult but being born in a city was survivable before. a noob could be inefficient and have a chance to learn to farm or even make stew and pie. now noobs just die and you have no time to type. I hope no new people buying the game and noobs asking for refunds which I have heard from friends who bought it recently will change j's mind. These "pro" people you refer to paid their 20 a year ago and don't help him pay his bills. A game makes no sense if it is built around having its oldest and most experienced players regularly dying of starvation if they aren't super careful and mindful of their age and food pips. Noobs have no chance.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-19 19:38:52)

#41 2019-02-19 20:28:03

sinfulcliche

I get it, the game is supposed to be frantic and challenging.  Eveing was challenging enough before the update. But what a lot of eletists don't understand is frantic and challenging =/= fun. For most of us, anyway. When I get home from school or work, as of right now, OHOL is the game I wouldn't want to be playing. I don't want to be stressed out of my mind playing a life simulator. I've really tried to like this update but right now it's impossible for me.
I was a girl in a village with a steady supply of clothes and it had a building. I had a sealskin coat, rabbit fur boots, hat, and pants, and I was still on the cold side and nowhere near the middle. I saw a baby run away with a full set of clothes so I tried to chase after it, but it crossed into the jungle and through the desert, so I knew getting the clothes back would be a death trap. I was the only person making compost, and every one of my composted soil was used on maintaining the berry farm that would be plucked clean in minutes. As I was rushing with a sharp stone to cut the wheat I grew I acidentally ran into some mosquitos. I stayed on a grassy biome and went to two boys who were farming carrots. My temperature was already max. I said F to them, and they were within my screen and were moving so I know they saw me. I was clicking on a carrot frantically and they ignored me. They were both wearing a chest piece of clothing each, so after I died I assumed they were looting my dead body. I was 41. Maybe they thought I outlived my use?
Overall the update removes the fun of the game for me. Everyone is just rushing around, there's no more talking or roleplay. (Not that standing around munching berries is a good idea, but some light rp really breathes some life into the game!) Just hoping next Saturday brings some salvation for us filthy casuals and noobz.

Last edited by sinfulcliche (2019-02-19 20:31:44)

#42 2019-02-19 21:21:41

Tarr
Banned

I mean this update has to be complete ass to anyone coming to the game or still rather new to it. New players can't play Eve lives because they don't have the knowledge yet to do anything on their own. This means someone else has to come along and carry their camp for them while they have their babies teach them if they can even afford to do so. New Eve player dies, now is born as the baby of an Eve. Well this kids is doomed because Eve doesn't have the time or resources to teach the baby. Baby with dies at 5 after mom can't stuff her with food, or maybe makes it until the food close to her screen is gone. Okay okay, early game isn't for new players anyways so lets go get spawned into a town.

Mom dumps you at a fire with the other babies which seems fine at first. Oh look it's my cousin, and my cousin, and god damn why are there seven babies here? Sudden the population of 10-15 people in a city has suddenly doubled to 30+ people in a matter of minutes. Well now new baby can't be taught anything because the game is in a constant state of "Can we fix it before everyone dies." The boom/bust occurs and then our new player is spawned into another village because they didn't know to leave to survive. Finally our baby is born to a mid tier village where things haven't imploded yet and we have sheep to make thread.

Baby gets dressed up, baby is kept warm and maybe finally they can start to learn.

A big problem right now is you can't learn early game due to how hard early game is, you can't learn late game because the soaring population and the resulting famine prevents teaching late game, and the only possible time to learn is when you don't have a huge population. In situations like this it would almost be worth bringing back the bad mother punishment but when suicide babies mom would be punished for people who refuse to stay.

fug it’s Tarr.

#43 2019-02-19 23:00:26

fragilityh14

FlyingAboo wrote:
fragilityh14 wrote:

Exactly.

Sims is just short for simulations and this is a simulation game, even says it on its Steam genre.  It is a civilisation building game also which it seems to be failing at since everyone is back at the stone age trying to figure out what is going on.

"The Sims", the game "The Sims", obviously you knew my meaning.

Listen to your mom!

#44 2019-02-19 23:04:15

CrazyEddie

Trying to address the OP:

FlyingAboo wrote:

I only started playing a couple of weeks back.  Loved what I saw of the game from videos and the trailer.  Started playing and it was a learning curve, but it felt manageable.  I am a sucker for punishment and tend to play some "hardcore" games.  But this new update has made the game far less fun to play.

I thought I was getting a civilisation building game with a survival undertone.  This last update makes it feel more of a brutal survival experience where you aren't just fighting the elements and environment but now one single player can bring many hours of other peoples work to an end.  If I wanted that experience I would just go back to playing Rust or Unturned where hours/days of work can be undone in a matter of minuets.

The way the game is right now feels something sick and sadistic.  Is the game supposed to only be for the elite and not inviting to more casual players?  The response to any complaints about the new update seems to be meet by pretentious elitists that think they are something godley because they play a game with a average population of 130 people and has lost 10% of the player base in the last 30 days.

Being Eve has always been hard and has always been intended to be hard. Jason doesn't expect that most Eve starts will be successful. So in that respect, the game is "for elite players", although it doesn't take that long to learn how to Eve successfully. New players are going to fail hard, but with some experience under your belt you can get the hang of it, and it's a lot of fun developing your Eve skills. But on the other hand, I don't think that Jason has ever intended for survival in a developed town to be hard, the occasional crisis notwithstanding. Town living has been very forgiving, allowing casuals to have fun in a variety of ways. So in that respect, no, the game is not "for elite players". However, town living requires there to be a handful of experienced players who are very productive; those few productive players carry the burden of all the casuals.

For a while now, successful Eves have built their towns on desert, because the desert temperatures were much better than the cold biomes. This made Eve starts somewhat easier, but more importantly, it made maintaining a town much, much easier. The good temperatures in the largest areas of town meant that food consumption from the casuals was low, which meant that the few experienced players were better able to support them.

The biggest change (the only meaningful change, really) in this latest update was to eliminate the good-temperature biomes. So now, the few pros can no longer carry entire towns full of casuals, and the casuals can no longer be unproductive.

I'm certain Jason didn't intend for the entire game to become "for elite players". But eliminating the good biomes has made the game much, much harder in every stage. It's not harder for the elite players, who can survive anywhere under any situations. But it is harder for the towns, and it's harder for the elite players to carry the whole towns, and as a consequence it's harder for the casuals who find themselves in these stretched-to-the-limit towns.

Casuals are going to be a lot more frustrated. They're going to have to learn how to survive, and they're going to have to work harder to ensure the town survives... or the towns won't survive.

#45 2019-02-19 23:13:27

wondaland

Honestly I don't hate the update, yes it is annoying and could certainly use tweaking but the game is still incomplete in many areas and we need to be patient. When I first started playing I didn't realize deserts were optimal and spent most of my noob time learning to survive in swamp, grassland and Savannah. I made it out ok and would consider myself competent now.

Honestly I think the biggest issue is no one has the patience to teach anymore, which is supposed to be part of the games intention. Nannies need to be experienced players who actually give basic info on where resources are and what needs doing. Also mothers in a town especially should run around and show their baby where stations are before dropping them at a fire. I believe this would make life for newbies a lot more pleasant... and experienced players tbh.

Last edited by wondaland (2019-02-20 02:38:21)

#46 2019-02-19 23:18:17

CrazyEddie

Spoonwood wrote:

Spoonwood, buddy, I love you, but that is not a surviving Eve camp. That's a camp that died when you died, and then you found it again.

I get that's how you like to play, and more power to you, but you're playing a different game than the rest of us. On any other server, there is no Eve chaining, and not taking children means your camp has failed.

#47 2019-02-19 23:23:49

CrazyEddie

Peremptive wrote:

People didn't stand on desert/swamp borders their whole life before, they mostly stood in desert because it was medium warmth, compared to grasslands being quite cold. What if settling in grass+savanna+swamp became as good as settling on biome borders, instead of completely nerfing the only way that settlements managed to work up to now, with a small desert nerf? For example make deserts as bad as grasslands. Make clothes really valuable by helping against all terrains. Why kill off jungles completely, when villages in jungles were unsuccessful and not the norm up to now?

quoted for truth

This is literally all Jason should have done, and we told him so.

#48 2019-02-20 00:09:36

pein

there are no "elitists", no one liked the update for making game harder
i can see the point why is ok, jason seems to increase difficulty based on the top players performance, cause he doesn't have time to introduce new variables/doesnt want to
compost too easy? add one more step
you like to go back to cities you were in? lineage ban
you are good at killing others? slow you down
you talk to people and tell their mistakes? allow them to curse you
they don't want to make "good looking" fences instead of fast pit pets? nerf the latter instead of buffing the fences
temperature too easy? turn it around
10 people are locked in a room once? make everything destroyable while people doesn't even know how to build it properly

the game is easy, too easy
keeping others alive is not easy
teaching is not easy or enjoyable or effective and wont make much difference
this socialist idealist that everyone contributes is not working
the game is harder so people wont ruin things so much or wont survive to make drama? hell no
leaching on others and cursing people for no reason is still a viable gameplay

there is a huge skill difference between players
and not much to express it, it's a gamble, a newbee can get full gear and others are left to wind naked, to spend 30 min on clothing

a harder game makes harder for your "elitists" and a side effect is more expectations from them
at least strong work morale and good intentions

i would like to see legit bonuses from cooperation, like 2 man jobs
and different survival elements rather than eating all the way in tech tree

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#49 2019-02-20 00:11:03

Spoonwood

Falsewall wrote:

Just FYI.  As long as your not stuck in the jungle biome, you can survive fully clothed a misquito bite with 1 pip left.

I do appreciate the information, if it applies to the most insulating clohting (all rabbit clothing except a sealskin coat if I recall correctly). 

That said, I will reiterate that I said that the bites were dangerous.  Having only 1 pip left is dangerous.  Lag can kill you easily if you wait for 1 pip to eat, even if you're standing by a berry bush.  Or at least I've literally had food in my hand before and died in the instant when I've tried to eat it.  Not since I've adopted a more cautious approach about eating food I think, but still.  1 pip just comes as too close.  1 pip left is dangerous.

What CrazyEddie says I think could have gotten predicted BEFORE the update knowing the change in mechanics:

CrazyEddie wrote:

But eliminating the good biomes has made the game much, much harder in every stage. It's not harder for the elite players, who can survive anywhere under any situations. But it is harder for the towns, and it's harder for the elite players to carry the whole towns, and as a consequence it's harder for the casuals who find themselves in these stretched-to-the-limit towns.

I really haven't played in any towns on the bigserver since the update, other than a few mintues to see what things looked like (and then I committed suicide).  I don't find what he says surprising at all, and I've even made comments around several places to the effect as to why such has happened (more milkweed pressure, more soil pressure, more water pressure, more food pressure, farming is a more thankless task to some no matter where you are now, more pressure on the butt log supply but fewer close trees good for getting butt logs, more kindling pressure can get added to the list since 'cook the baby' has become a serious strategy from what I hear... I did see that before the update in a "cold camps" I would ocassionally play).

Though, I would say that there exist levels between causal and elites, and elites don't necessarily carry the whole town, but really that seems like another discussion.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#50 2019-02-24 01:59:08

THExPILLOx

This thread is near verbatim for when soil stopped being infinite and required compost. Honestly, i noped out awhile ago because i just couldn't keep up. It used to be simple. Make an eve camp, gather dirt, plant carrots. Teach the kids how to get water and farm carrots. Next life, go do something else like hunt rabbits for fur and make clothes or learn to bake.

Had a ton of fun teaching kids how to farm carrots and make sure you had seeds, make sure you didn't drain a water spot fully so it would regen. Game felt nice, you were a bit frantic but ultimately, you had time to teach and converse.

As time went on, it just got more complicated. Every time the player base reached a viable civilization stage, our methods were nerfed and the game made harder. But, i am not jason. I thought i understood the idea he was going for when i bought the game, and i was wrong. So, while he builds the game, i wait. I'll rejoin and play again when its finished and i can experience the game he meant us to experience.

Board footer