One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-18 19:51:00

Booklat1

Possible clothing update? Leave suggestions

So, the entire reason this update even came to be was because Jason asked in this forum about clothing.
We gave a lot of suggestions and the ones concerning heat were mostly added. I'm making this post as an attemp for people to give their ideas about how clothes are balanced in this new update and new features we can get concerning them. 

I'm particularly interested in knowing what you guys think about the changes this update caused. We're seeing more rabbit trapping and fires, that's for sure, also many corpses everywhere. Backpacks and aprons were hit the most, I think, and I doubt this will change since we have other priorities now like getting a large enough amount of skins for a few people to work better. I think a lot of people have it right that clothing should help a little more with heat too. People have been griefing rabbits aswell.

I suggest loom made bags and a rehaul to most clothes so that instead of heat they help you to the middle temp (just not much). Seal coats would get buffed as heat producing clothing. Also all skins decay. I would also like a buff to dyed clothing, like not decaying directly into rags and maybe more colours (though by no means a priority lol)

what do you all think?

#2 2019-02-18 20:05:10

stew

Re: Possible clothing update? Leave suggestions

There should maybe be some fast decaying cheap clothes. And then there should be some more advanced clothes. But it needs balance around the sheep. Atm if you focus on wool clothes you overproduces so much poop. Maybe some machines to mass produce textil that can then be used to make clothes. So you need some advanced tech first, but then can mass produce textile.

#3 2019-02-19 00:44:03

pein

yeah, as i said in other topics, if clothing is important, you should be able to make it faster, so it wont be all your hour to make clothes
spend 5 minutes combining stuff from separate bioemes. no resource needed, just the skill and exploration.
leaf skirt? half coconut? sandals? head band?
they would decay in 20 and wouldn't give much protection but would show newbies the importance of it
right now everything uses resources and is too big scale
some players only can offer their good intention and their time
it isn't useful to talk to people and tell them what to do if it takes more time than do it yourself

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-02-19 01:44:44

karltown_veteran

Booklat1 wrote:

So, the entire reason this update even came to be was because Jason asked in this forum about clothing.
We gave a lot of suggestions and the ones concerning heat were mostly added. I'm making this post as an attemp for people to give their ideas about how clothes are balanced in this new update and new features we can get concerning them. 

I'm particularly interested in knowing what you guys think about the changes this update caused. We're seeing more rabbit trapping and fires, that's for sure, also many corpses everywhere. Backpacks and aprons were hit the most, I think, and I doubt this will change since we have other priorities now like getting a large enough amount of skins for a few people to work better. I think a lot of people have it right that clothing should help a little more with heat too. People have been griefing rabbits aswell.

I suggest loom made bags and a rehaul to most clothes so that instead of heat they help you to the middle temp (just not much). Seal coats would get buffed as heat producing clothing. Also all skins decay. I would also like a buff to dyed clothing, like not decaying directly into rags and maybe more colours (though by no means a priority lol)

what do you all think?

There should be clothes that are harder to make but benefit their wearer, give them that extra heat bonus; if more professional players don't want to stay by the town fires they should be able to put the skill into making clothes that enable them to travel to cold places....
Something that counters the desert's heat would be nice, though it doesn't necessarily need to be clothes (in fact, I don't think clothes would work in that scenario at all)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2019-02-19 02:53:01

Grim_Arbiter

Alright i just came up with a good one that could help early.

Beaver pelts.

If there were added beavers to ponds and had them at a 50-50 spawn share with geese you could help alot.

Have the beaver pelt give you a hat for one and a coat for three.

Hat is on par with wolf hat, and coat on par with rabbit coat.

Beavers dont respawn

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-02-19 03:00:31

antking:]#

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Beaver pelts.

If there were added beavers to ponds and had them at a 50-50 spawn share with geese you could help alot.

Beavers dont respawn

did you know that one of the few reasons the French settled into the Americas was to pooch the beavers that lived their! it was all the fashion in Europe at the time!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#7 2019-02-19 03:06:22

Grim_Arbiter

antking:]# wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Beaver pelts.

Beavers dont respawn

did you know that one of the few reasons the French settled into the Americas was to pooch the beavers that lived their! it was all the fashion in Europe at the time!

Yessir!

How bout that the nutrient diffecent trappers would eat the beaver tail cause it was their only protein, even though it has to be one of nastiest meats ever.

*Edit actually it was for the fat content in the tail not the protein. A beaver tail is like one big piece of steak fat

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-02-19 03:43:37)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2019-02-19 03:42:48

antking:]#

Grim_Arbiter wrote:
antking:]# wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Beaver pelts.

Beavers dont respawn

Yessir!

How bout that the nutrient diffecent trappers would eat the beaver tail cause it was their only protein, even though it has to be one of nastiest meats ever.

I think what be better with the beaver Idea is if they would make beaver den on the pond if left undisturbed! it would spawn beavers which would eat the trees around them!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

Board footer