One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-13 19:29:47

Anandamide

Re: Anal Town (+apocalypse rant)

Then go fight the apocalypse? Thats what is so great about it, it allows the two factions that exist to decide what the future is. If you're a preservationist then go try to stop it, if youre bored and want to restart then ignore or help the effort. At the end of the tech tree, there is nothing for you to do to keep your line alive other than fight the apocalypse. As for the roleplayers, I mean, the apocalypse is great opportunity for a different kind of RP. If a generation averages 20-30 minutes, thats 50+ generations a day in a civ, which means that not just the tech, but all of the roleplays have likely been done. Not by you, but by others. Advancing the tech tree closes the door on some roleplay, and opens up for other kinds, and then the apocalypse opens up all those old roles again. Its a great mechanic and im still dumbfounded at the opposition. If you just want to keep a line going for a long time, hop on discord, and make a group, or even better, start eve chain, find great spot, set up basics, then bring in others and set a new record, thats how the 288 gen village was done. Its unlikely to happen again even without the apocalypse because people get bored.

#27 2019-02-13 19:36:22

Anandamide

Also, since the apocalypse is something that Jason wants to be at the end of the tech tree, once it gets larger, that will mean more time to keep a line alive, so who knows, maybe the tree will get deep enough that it will without outside coordination require more than a hundred generations to get through the whole tree, which is good for RPers, its good for long liners and its good for tech nuts.

#28 2019-02-13 20:01:42

CrazyEddie

The current apocalypse is not at the end of the tech tree. Not even close.

#29 2019-02-13 20:06:40

Halfkoreangamer

Someone built the "hardest" to craft item in the game and there are no congrats for the guy or anything!

I'm going to toss my support in for the Apocalypse, and offer a Congrats to whoever finished it or worked on the one that was finished!

Whoever achieved this worked very hard, much like the rest of you did on the cities. His or her work was down a different path on the tech tree and nothing wrong was done.
Some people want to build a car or plane, some people like building endstones.

They are all crafting recipes, I cannot understand why some recipes are OK and others are not. Nothing lasts forever, there is no guarantee that anything you build will be there in a day or an hour even. The stories and narratives last forever, perhaps that is what we should focus on as opposed to the permanence of our creation. The next anal town will be just as cool if not moreso, but at least for sure it will be different.

I look forward to trying to contribute to the next generation Apocalypse when it comes.

However, I would love some stats about the apocalypse after it happens:

Who finished it?
Who were the endstones in the structure?
How many endstones were made total from last apoc to this one?
And some other random stats would be very cool.

#30 2019-02-13 20:19:43

narla_hotep

@anandamide: The answer is, I would have tried to stop it, and probably had a fun time trying to stop it, had I any idea it was coming. I agree with whoever made the other thread saying the apocalypse build up should be more obvious across the map instead of a lil bell sound every once in a while that is easy to miss.

@Halfkoreangamer: I agree, as much as I'm annoyed it happened I'm also very curious to hear the story behind this apocalypse. Did anyone here contribute to it or know any stats about it?

#31 2019-02-13 21:05:14

seth

Yeah I'd like to know more about the apocalypse too..

I think what made it possible was the fact that there was that one town with dozens of partially finished apocalypse structures. With bells dinging every 20 minutes, it was impossible to determine if it was actually going to happen, or if someone just built a new one.. Desensitization made this one possible I think..

#32 2019-02-13 21:28:16

Anandamide

CrazyEddie wrote:

The current apocalypse is not at the end of the tech tree. Not even close.

Okay that is true, I should be more specific. The tech level needed for the apocalypse leaves at minimum 24 hours to get to the rest of the tech tree. It only takes a couple gens at worst from the time the first knife is made to build an airplane if the people in that village want to do that. Jason has been busy with other stuff, but im sure that he will update the apocalypse in some time to require more advanced tech.

#33 2019-02-13 21:30:10

Anandamide

Also, I dont know any stats about it, but this is the video of it being completed https://www.twitch.tv/videos/379920308

#34 2019-02-13 23:12:34

narla_hotep

If anyone sees Lana Town, that was me wink

#35 2019-02-13 23:37:13

Solbusaur

I was Eris (Count, no last name though). I hid the crown behind a white pine tree very far from town because of the monarchy bullshit. My mother was Butch, she seemed nice at first. It wasn't until later, I realised she was embracing this whole crown roleplay, by spilling the blood of heretics.

As you'd expect, it was just people stabbing more people to fight for the crown. One person would stab the queen, who'd get stabbed by a guard, who'd get stabbed by a random, who'd get stabbed by a guard etc.

I sooooo wanted to stab Butch when she was in cooldown, but I knew I would fall into the trap of the murder chain. Luckily, someone did shut her up in the end.

So when I was old, I hid the crown, and wrote two notes shitting on the monarchy, titled with AA and AB so they can be organised. I wonder if they can still be found. After that, I just went and killed myself in a wasteland.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3357911

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#36 2019-02-13 23:39:21

narla_hotep

Uh, hello there daughter... this is awkward. Trust me, my life as Butch kinda soured me on the monarchy, and in my next life I warned against it when the crown was rediscovered.

#37 2019-02-13 23:47:49

Solbusaur

Oh. Hi mother...

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

Board footer