One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-03 22:57:47

Solbusaur

Preservatives for saplings

I don't know what substances would be used for this kind of stuff, but I want a way to preserve certain decaying items, such as sapling cuttings and tree cuttings, just so there's a backup in case the only sapling in 200 tiles ends up being cut. Would be helpful in a town with no skewers, or someone who has no time to forage for cuttings to make a sign.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-02-04 04:11:23

pein

Re: Preservatives for saplings

well you can plant it, generally they make too many home markers so best to hide one unwatered if you ever try to go back and find some
with grave pens was my biggest issue, needed like 90 min anyway but all my sapling farms were ruined most of times

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-02-04 22:09:32

fragilityh14

Re: Preservatives for saplings

i had this problem a while ago, i was trying to make a new camp, and ran all over like crazy trying to find a sapling, the single one ended being really far, and i realized i very much should have taken cuttings to plant more.

and there's no reason you couldn't just put the sapling cutting in a bowl of water or bowl of soil to make it last long, you can carry cuttings either way IRL

Though maybe a water pouch is a better way to go, then make it so they can put it in a pack. There is more like what you would actually do, a container like a water pouch

thinking of it, since a bowl of soil is not made to be set down with soil in it, that could potentially be a problem for a major game mechanic to deal with a minor thing.

So maybe actually a bowl of wet sand would be a good thing to put a sapling cutting in. That would also work fine IRL

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-02-04 22:25:13)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer