One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-21 18:05:14

antking:]#

how I ensured the survival of my village by doing nothing!

I started my life like any kid, helping on the the berry farm doing the same thing over and over again, I was a female at the time. I saw my yum meter and had an Idea.

So before on one of Jason's posts I commented how we should have a birth mother, because you can stimulate, the amount of babies you have. So started to scavenge, I ate corn, strange pies, I even was able to eat green beans.

This is actually pretty funny because once I ate one of the beans, I wouldn't get any extra yum points, so I forced feed my entire village green beans! I know you shouldn't do that but I bet no one had green beans in my village. after feasting I went to a perfect spot where I stood and stood, some times I would eat a new food and increase my yum meter.

I did this for the rest of my baby giving life. I got my yum meter at *11 (could have gotten it to 13 if I didn't forget, misplace my mutton, and didn't forget the popcorn). I also had very long talks with my mother, who was very supportive of my choice. I might have even increased my yum meter to be higher if I had her helping me.

I can tell you standing in one place at perfect temperature on a diet is hard! I don't know how many times I was tempted to flee. In the end I gave birth to 6 beautiful children, and to put this small number into scope I gave birth to 6 kids, in the down time! where basically no one is playing.

4 of my 6 were girls, the rest boys two of the girls how ever committed suiside, but still 4  alive children in down time is impressive.

So by doing nothing I created the only two soon to fertile girls in the village. I was very proud!

I fought for the best for my children, once their was a women that died in front of me and of course I was going to give the cloths to my baby, but another mom saw the clothes and charged for the body I arrived first, when I clicked on the body I got as snow ball, I chucked it at the other mom to stop her, next click a another snow ball landed square in her face.  third click a coat, then the mom recovered and stole the backpack!

this was a mom war!

all in all I think being a birth mom is a good tactic, I would change my strategy a little bit though.
I would have asked for help, form people to make me new foods to keep my yum meter high and prepare more for being a birth mother before. I can see how people will think you are being wast full and try to kill you, so you will need the approval of at least on other person. A village should have about 2-3 birth mothers that have a high yum meter and will take care of other kids as well!

for my finally note "I will protect it through blood and bone" I said
this is how by doing nothing and, eating food I ensured the survival of my town!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#2 2019-01-21 22:30:27

startafight

Re: how I ensured the survival of my village by doing nothing!

i generally play during low hours n find that having around 6 yum bonuses while running around naked in desert gives about the same amount of kids. u coulda prolly watered some plants while u were at it but whatever works for u i guess

#3 2019-01-22 00:47:55

pein

if i see some good spot i will stay, the few exceptions are when people misplace ovens, kilns and farms, the people "in charge", aka adults who survived previous famines, are dumb
so i think starting to fix those things keeps some experienced players in a camp

if someone quits on you cause you point out mistakes or do things they don't understand, like digging bushes out for a road, its not a loss

also a lot of kids need attention and roleplay, purpose
just by taking a kid and telling her to get the meat out of pen, i made sure she stayed and felt valuable member of society
happens time to time that i don't feel like contributing to a dumb setup and i die intentionally at 6-7
i tried to snowball some noob who planted berries right next to ponds instead of 5 tiles away on a desert edge, i starved cause the basket full of ice was too cold, i didn't mind, they can ruin their nice spot and never make tools, you always pay for mistakes sooner or later

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-01-22 03:42:07

Lily

Rather than saying you are doing nothing, I would teach the children and help organize what people are doing. Which you can basically do at the same time as sitting around. If you do that, then it is a very useful thing to be doing. Also if you are just sitting there trying to have lots of children, might as well help raise other children as well.

Last edited by Lily (2019-01-22 03:42:47)

#5 2019-01-22 04:27:16

antking:]#

Lily wrote:

Rather than saying you are doing nothing, I would teach the children and help organize what people are doing. Which you can basically do at the same time as sitting around. If you do that, then it is a very useful thing to be doing. Also if you are just sitting there trying to have lots of children, might as well help raise other children as well.

Oh I was Typing but that never accrued to me, thank you for the advice, or TY

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

Board footer